The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
Official Hotel
$300
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$62
  • Breakfast included
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$58
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$80
$49
$182
$136
4,741 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantsfishanimation teamcoral reefspecial thanksamazing holidayall inclusive hotelold marketdeefusionpoolsseasharmwaitersfabchefscleaners
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Arrived 26th Dec for 2 weeks.We had booked this hotel 14 months before hand paid extra money for junoir suite and sea view.Our room did not have sea view but a garden view, we complained straight away and were given a sea view room the follwing morning, excellent service on that score.

The hotel was first class, although it is very big and it took a couple of days to find where everything was. Lots of steps and banks, came home fitter though.

The junior suites were spacious clean and very comfortable, we had a lovely sea view for the rest of our stay..The cleaner did a first rate job of the room. Every where in the hotel was clean the staff work very hard at keeping it that way.
We tried out most of the restaurants but the best one was The Reef which was only a matter of yards from our room. The staff there were excellent, they made our holiday, Many thanks to them all especially to Abdul, Soleiman and Fayzar. The food was always hot although not always to our taste.
The hotel was definately split into two very different parts, the bottom half next to the sea was great the bars were good and the service fab, the staff were polite,freindly and very helpful, the restaurants were much better, the reef, the beach club and the cliff top could not be faulted.

Where as the top half of the hotel we found was not as nice,especially in the Terrace bar the staff were miserable,and the service was not good.

We did tip but this was to show our appreciation of excellent service.

The only draw back was 8 beautiful swimming pools (4 in the middle of the hotel complex and 4 along the beach front) but none of them heated, they were hardly used as the water was just too cold for this time of year. The sea was warmer though.
We met a great couple, Denise and Charlotte, thanks for our time together, we''ll see each other soon.

One tip I would like to give don't have beauty treatments. They are expensive and not very good. I still have a sore toe from my so called pedicure.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone it was great.

Room Tip: Blocks 8 to 17 junior suites and sea views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank denise t
gm_grandsharm, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Hello Denise and thanks for your positive review. I arrived to take over as General Manager of the hotel towards the end of your holiday, so didnt get to chat to you,hower it seems you had a great time and met new friends, so this is great news! I appreciate the kind words in praise of certain staff members-I will pass your kind comments to them. There are one or two areas whe a little tewaking might be done once I have settled ,but these are simple to resolve I am sure! The pools one day will I am sure be heated, however even with heated pools, they are still very hard to keep warm at this time of year. The pool areas are beautifully landscaped and generally,, the weather is great but like most places, we had a few days of unusually cold weather for here. I hope we will have the pleasure of meeting again in the near future. In the meantime thanks again and sincere regards from us all at The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

After reading some bad reviews of this hotel before and after booking for a last minute holiday for a week (15-22 Dec 2012) I thought I'd makesure I wrote something from my experience. There's always going to be some whinging people that are never satisfied but we thought this hotel was great. With a friendly duty manager from Durham, I think it was, the staff are all friendly and ALWAYS cleaning and scrubbing. They wash down the paths everyday and the room cleaners do a great job - I tipped him and I rarely give away free money!

Arriving from the airport we thought it was a bit out of the way from Naama Bay but with free shuttles there and back it was actually nice to have some relaxation in a quiet area. Walking into the hotel it does look fairly grand and with the christmas decorations it was very festive.

I'm not sure if it was anywhere near full capacity but it seemed fairly peaceful and quiet with various nationalities such as Russians, Germans and Scandinavians. No major dramas at the buffet like some people have commented on. Generally the food was sufficient with freshly cooked food in the main restaurants. I'm not saying the buffet food was awesome but it was good enough. We went to the Fajita restaurant twice because the food and waiters were excellent.

I'm not going to write huge lists of things but if you fancy a weeks getaway from the usual cold British weather to a warm climate and a nice 4/5 star hotel then this is a great place. We paid £370pp AI for 1 week (I know people could get it cheaper or more expensive but it was worth it for some sun) - the head waiter/manager in the Fajita restaurant was worth it for the entertainment.

There are a few suggestions for improvements (not criticisms):

Possibly a gym facility - if only a few weights

The all-inclusive rule isnt as straight forward as you'd expect (maybe make the Shisha bar inclusive as not many people will pay extra for drinks if you can drink downstairs for free and the Grand Lobby bar - infact just make everything all-inclusive)

Think about doing try-dives off the hotel reef - if the equipment was there and it was a reasonable price I'm sure people would give it a go (admittedly it does drop away quite severely for beginners)

All in all a great holiday, did some diving, got a suntan and relaxed a bit with no rain.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Visited in December 12. Outside grounds of the hotel are lovely and well kept. However, can't say that for the inside of the hotel which is very dated. The rooms, and especially the bathrooms need to be updated. It is difficult for the housekeeping people to make them look nice when they are dealing with very old decor - There are two quite good restaurants - The Olive restaurant and the Reef. However the food in the other restaurants I would consider poor. The salads look tired and not that freshly made. The people cooking the food seem uninterested in what they are doing and I'm afraid most of the food in these restaurants have little taste. The waiters work hard but at breakfast find it difficult to keep up with clearing the tables - They need more staff! - Management need to look at more modern hotels as examples and begin a renovation program for the inside of this hotel. One last comment - The swimming pools look lovely - but due to how cold the water was I did not see anyone swimming in them the whole week I was there - and were certainly too cold for me - I would have enjoyed a swim.

Room Tip: Need to book a suite to have a sea view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Well, what can I say! This was my 4th visit to Egypt and my partners first and what a fantastic week we had! I emailed ahead and requested a ground floor room, this was granted upon arrival and we were overlooking the pool island grill! Ok, the rooms are a little dated and our bathroom was tiny but it was clean and that's all that matters. We wasn't impressed with the buffet restaurant but then we had 6 al a carte restaurants to choose from, fusion being the best. Plenty of choice of burgers at the pool island grill for lunch all served with chips, paninis in the panini corner, and chicken and salads at the cliff top restaurant overlooking the Red Sea........beautiful! The staff couldn't do enough for you and although I did tip a pound coin here and there, I can guarantee we would of received the same service had we not of tipped! Special mention to Sam in customer services, English speaking and extremely helpful! Drinks are plentiful and thanks to "Subhi" at the pool island grill we rarely left our sun lounger to go to the bar and he always remembered what our tipple was :). This is the only hotel I can guarantee I would return back to. Had an issue with Mozzie bites but my own fault for not preparing and taking repellents!

Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank mistyrae
gm_grandsharm, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Mistyrae- a very big thank you for your Wow,Wow, Wow review. This is very much appreciated as it makes us proud when we receive such a wonderful comment. The team here are excellent-I dont think we could ask for better and as you say, the various Al A Carte Restaurants are a real plus as these are a feature many of our competitors do not offer in the all inclusive package! The buffet you mentioned is very good and idea for those who like to help themselves and try a little of everything. I noticed you stayed in November and believe our buffets have improved in leaps and bounds,however I will email you directly on this subject. I am delighted you will consider returning and look forward to meeting you in person. Please email me in advice with your requirements.

Best wishes from the team here at the Grand Sharm and thank you once again.

Sincerely

Reviewed January 5, 2013

After staying at this hotel previously, my husband and I and 4 friends were looking forward to a nice relaxing holiday over the New Year, after a very busy year.
When we arrived at the hotel (approx 8:30pm) we were shown to our rooms (nice and overlooking a pool) and asked to go for our evening meal in the main (Sharm) restaurant. What a mess! We were greeted with what looked like left over’s! What a poor first impression. Needless to say we didn't eat much that evening but were looking forward to the rest of our stay. There are approx 11 places to eat, so over the course of the week, we found that of all the restaurants we preferred the following:
Breakfast at the Reef (although the chefs need new overalls)
Lunch at the Cliff overlooking the sea, or the beach club
Evening meal at Fajitas, Fusion, Olive and Beach club Very friendly staff
We had excellent service around the pools but Alaa/ pool service attendant around the pool island got top marks and was a credit to the hotel along with Siad (not sure about the spelling)in the Terrace bar.
The only problems we had during out stay (apart from the food in the main restaurant) were with the beach towels. They should have been in our room on arrival but we didn’t actually receive any until the next evening and only after complaining to reception on 3 occasions, this meant that we could not settle into our holiday until we got them. It looks a little tired in places and needs some TLC, the hotel rates itself as a five star hotel, but I would say it's a good 3 star at present.
During the time we were there a new Hotel Manager was installed and I hope that the problems we experienced will be sorted out.
All in all we have an enjoyable holiday with good friends at an average (but potentially good) Hotel.

Room Tip: request a pool view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Angie- thank you for taking time to submit a review. I am the new General manager who arrived during your stay. I was sorry to learn about the towel issue you experienced. This was a very simple problem to solve and I will check why there was a need to request towels more than once! I am still settling in to the hotel, however having worked in a number of hotels in the region, I honestly believe the Grand is worthy of the five stars we have been officially be granted by the Ministry of Tourism. The hotel management have a policy of on going refurbishment throughout the year, however this is done discreetly to avoid guest inconvenience. At the time you were here, the hotel achieved 100% occupancy and you saw it at its busiest. The restaurants were working to capacity and the buffets are re-plenished frequently from opening through to closing at 2200 hours. At the peak periods, there may be a need to wait a few minutes for a table to become available and cleaned. Please rest assured that I will follow up on your comments and make any changes necessary to achieve total guest satisfaction. Thank you for your feedback and I hope I will have the pleasure of meeting you again in the future.

Sincerely