“big difference”
Review of Bay View Hotel

Bay View Hotel
Ranked #206 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I just returned from my holiday with my family for one week,we been there many times the managment has been changed,we found very big differece as they made renovation for the hotel,the room was clean , the resturant is changed 100 % (painted , cleaned) the food was ok they have now new staff , all the staff were so helpful , i will be back as soon as i can ...thanks for Bay View

Room Tip: nice lacation
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tamerezat
Jgilbert1975, General Manager at Bay View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

thanks for every word you said and we will wait you at your second home as soon as poosible.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in September 2010 and enjoyed our stay here! Located in walking distance to the centre (5mins) and the beach(10 mins), so very handy!! Hotel has nice pool and cabanas, rooms were good size, we didn't have the best of views, but that didn't matter, as we didn't spend that much time there! Overall great stay for the price we paid!!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank JoeyD21
Reviewed February 4, 2013

It may be Bay View Hotel's tag line - it's not English and it is certainly not a dream hotel or vacation. "And like my dreams they fade and die" I have stayed here a number of times over the years and having read the most recent reports thought it cannot be THAT bad. How wrong was I. Whilst it has been cheap and convenient the food and service has got progressively worse. Seeing the staff sitting in the restaurant eating a take-away on my first night in the dining room should have rung alarm bells!! Sorry Bay View, never again - there are other convenient and cheap hotels in Naama Bay that will get my trade from now on.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank ambrosia46
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stay at the Bay View Hotel because Emperor Divers are based here.We stayed in single rooms which cost roughly £17.50 for B and B per day. The rooms were cleaned every day
and any problems we had were sorted out by the staff quickly and efficiently.There are signs of
wear and tear in the hotel complex but this is an Egyptian Hotel with a 3 star rating and for the price we paid I have no complaints.

Room Tip: Near the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlanAddison
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My self and my cousin spent 2 weeks there, on the last day my cousin found that her laptop was taken from a LOCKED room, we went to the hotel reception so we could contact the Police, the staff member that was on duty at the time REFUSED to call the Police and would not believe us, instead he wanted to go through all our luggage instead, by the time we managed to contact the Police by ourselves, we had missed our flight home, there was no help or sympathy from the hotel staff, If anybody reading this review has any sense at all steer well clear of this hotel, it may be cheap, but its far from safe and secure, STAY WELL AWAY FROM.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank JohnMcGeeney_13
Jgilbert1975, General Manager at Bay View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Mr John
first of all i wish to tanks you for choosing our lovely hotel,sorry for the latest answer also for what you told that happen with you at the hotel.we are now new mangement with new staff at all the hotel department i wish to check the trip advisor site as i massaged you to read the new comment at the hotel,and we will be very pleasent to see you at the hotel again.
hotel mangement

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 3 years ago with my wife and returned on a diving holiday myself this time on B&B basis. This suits me well as there are many places to eat out and so much more variety than any hotel can offer. The hotel is well located within easy reach and does not suffer from any noise from the area.

Check-in was very easy and without any hassle, my bags were taken to the room and I was shown in with the usual demonstration of a/c etc. The hotel has not changed much since my last stay and to be fair is at the budget end of the market.

The style of the room is not in bright colours but mine was clean and comfortable.
The hotel is not perfect but every day my room was cleaned, sheets and towels changed - toiletries such as soap/shampoo topped up. The bathrooms are small and worn but again cleaned daily, my shower was variable but did the job and always had hot water.

I found all the hotel staff friendly, approachable and eager to help. I had a problem with my towels one day and on reporting it I found it sorted immediately with no trouble at all.
If you have a problem I would recommend asking what can be done rather than living with it, my experience at the Bay View was they wanted to know about any issues so they could try to help.

Breakfast looks a bit limited but is adequate, I only have toast or omelette (made in front of you as is the usual) so it's hard for me to judge. I had some of the brown bean mixed up stuff every day with my toast and had no ill affects. I took my own plastic mug in for my tea and it was not a problem. I would recommend this as the cups are quite small. Again I found the people working in the breakfast room good fun when I talked with them and they appeared to enjoy their work.

I used the Wi-Fi and it is free. Emails and general browsing. Appeared to work in the seating area off reception only. Worked fine and cost nothing.

The safety deposit boxes are free and alongside reception in full view so unlikely anyone could try to break in. They look fine to me and I had no trouble last time or this time. You are given your own key and it requires the other key from reception at the same time to open your allocated box.

When I was here the hotel was far from full. It was quiet and there was always room at the pool area. I had no problem with my fellow holiday makers but would have had no hesitation in seeking help at reception if there was a problem.

This fits the bill for me on a budget Egyptian hotel break in Sharm and I will return to the Bay View for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Raymond-0100
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Dirty all aspects. I ve been many times to egypt but never saw anyrhing like this. Everythings is old (although they got new pool-towels).
Cleaning is hopeless. Glass around swinmingpool. Towelguy does really nothimg all day. Diningroom is horrible.

Too bad. Location is okay, pretty quit and still close to the noisy centre of naama bay.

I prefer not to critisize, but this horel needs many improvements.

• Stayed: December 2012