SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$73
Hyatt.com
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$58
$49
$90
$70
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$62
$300
  • Pool
$210
2,628 results
All reviewsmo's restaurantcactus baraqua parkspecial thanksmr aymanfishcold towelsrelaxing holidayanimation teamreception barguest relationsfood and beverage managershuttle buscouldn't do enoughour favouriteheated poolpatio doors
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My title says it all,it was our first visit to Egypt. The whole experience was brilliant :). Everything was amazing from the hotel to the food, I would give it 5 stars all around. And will defo be back

Room Tip: We had two rooms 1106 and 1110 right next to the pool &reception, this was a great location
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank travelcat40
SentidoManagement, General Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Sometimes less is more as they say and so much can be said with just a handful of words.

I am so pleased you had such a wonderful holiday and we'd like to thank you for this “amazing” review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at Sentido in June for 2 weeks and were highly delighted with all aspects of the Sentido. The staff just can't do enough for you. It's not like other hotels, the staff here really do seem to care, conversing with you, taking notes and then putting into action any comments to make your stay more enjoyable. It really is the little things that make all the difference.

Food at Mo's restaurant is good although we used it only for breakfast. I got fed up having to wear long trousers for dinner, it's too hot for long trousers although I do appreciate and respect the reasons why the hotel insist on long trousers. As a result we tended to visit the restaurants where long trousers were not required.

The Cactus BBQ restaurant was one such example. The food there was great but go there on the beef nights if you prefer beef/chicken to pork chops/chicken. These along with Kalamari and other fish dishes are part of the all inclusive but you can pay extra for steaks, fish or lobster. I think we paid about £10 for a piece of steak and about the same for the fish. The service was great, so good in fact that our meal lasted nearly 2 hours whilst we soaked up the atmosphere with chilled Rose wine, watched the meat being cooked on the BBQ and then did it all over again. The staff don't mind at all when you ask them for 2nd's & 3rd's. All dishes were served with lovely jacket potatoes....mmmmmm, delicious.

The Coral Pool is great...ask Said (hope I spelt it correctly) to make you an Iced Coffee at his swim up bar. Like the Columbo Pool/Bar it is underutilised although the Columbo offers beautiful views over the reef which you can enjoy with the drink of your choice. In the day the pool is virtually empty and it's like having your own piece of Sharm El Sheikh, that is of course until the Russians come and spoil it. You'll see what I mean when you get there. I have never met such an arrogant race of people and never really believed what I had read in the reviews until I went to this hotel. How the hotel staff tolerate this bunch of assh*#@s is beyond me. How many of you reading this saw the Russian half-wits who thought it was a good idea to lay a towel down on the pontoon/jetty seating area and sunbath....priceless. Believe me the arrogance is breath taking and like me you may wish they'd bring back the Iron Curtain!

Although the Sentido is just about perfect, especially with its little Bistro/ Bar with food and service that is better than any we've paid for on a self catering holiday, we did feel that the Reef Oasis Beach Resort is taking away all of the hard work done by the Sentido. For example the view from the terrace of the Citadel Restaurant (part of Beach Resort) across the reef is stunning to see whilst you eat your evening meal but it would be better if the bird droppings had been cleaned off the walls beforehand. Compare this to the spotless Mo's restaurant which is exclusive to Sentido guests.

Also the AquaPark is good fun but the pigeons that are perched on the slides (and there was a lot during our visit) need to be dealt with. An air rifle or a falcon might do the trick. One or two might be okay but there must have been 20 or more pigeons drinking from the pool and a further 30 perched on the slides.

We would definitely return to the Sentido which is virtually brand new, but the same can't be said of the Reef Oasis Beach Resort. Some areas of the resort have clearly been refurbished but others are in need of refurbishment to bring the whole resort up to the same standards as the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank RedSeaDivers

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this detailed and comprehensive review with a lot of information for the would-be guest. It’s lovely to read your account of the two hour meal at the Cactus restaurant although I must correct a small thing (just in case it makes a difference to anybody) and that is that the pork chop was not a pork chop - it would have been lamb or veal. Nevertheless, the point is you had a great time there and that’s what’s important.

At the Sentido and at the sister hotel we host and cater for several different nationalities and we treat them all as our valued guests regardless of race, creed or colour, gender, age or nationality. Everybody seems to get on well as they are on holiday and here to relax and they all relax in different ways. Long may it be so.

Hoteliers put quite a lot of effort into discouraging pigeons from “leaving their calling cards” around the resorts in Sharm and we have to combine that with a clean-up campaign, but it’s certainly not a huge problem – no more than anywhere else in the world I would imagine. However, we take your point and we shall put our heads together.

It’s wonderful to hear that you will return to the Sentido and we look forward to offering you the warm Sentido Reef Oasis welcome as before.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here on the 16th june for ten nights and we had the best time ever! The hotel is perfect,and the staff are all really nice. The surroundings are beautiful, thanks to the gardeners there always working doing a good job. If you go there you will see what I mean. Quite a few swimming pools too chose from so helps with how you feel on the day. We spent most days at the water park on the resort which is loads of fun shout out too hosney looked after us and everyone else that was around the area. You wont want for nothing at this hotel it really is perfect. We also went to the swim up bar pool which was really nice all the pools are good. Id recommend the cactus restrant its a lovely evening there, food being cooked on the bbq in front of you. Baher is really pleasant and looked after us. All the staff where friendly and helpfull. Ahmed from the patio bar was really nice and made us laugh we miss u ahmed :) go too this hotel you wont regreat it. From jemma and tom xx

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank jemmaos

Dear Jemma & Tom.

Thank you so much for the wonderful recommendation – it means a lot to us to see lovely reviews like these showing how much our valued guests enjoyed the time they spend with us. The staff will also be pleased to know that they were praised yet again and I am glad they get the recognition because they works so hard and a lot of our repeat guests say that it’s the staff they keep coming back for.

It’s been a delight looking after you for these ten days and I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company once again in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Went to Sentido for a week with my boyfriend. He had been to Sharm before but I'd never. I've been home 1 day and I'm just so eager to get back. The hotel was perfect! I would say food got a bit bland and lack of choice and the chicken isn't great but we like to eat out so this didn't stop us having an amazing holiday. We planned to tip the staff, cleaners, bar tender, pool guy at the end of our holiday after we had received their service however we did find that after a few days of being superb they'd stop if no tip was given which was a shame really. Kirsty at Guest Relations was amazing a really lovely woman made sure everything was fine everyday Thank you. Be sure to visit Soho Square (free transfer from hotel) we learn't that after paying £40 return in a taxi the first time! The Indian there is FANTASTIC. Also the VIP boat trip provided by our TC rep is a must, beautiful!! Overall the staff were friendly, hotel was clean and just a simply beautiful holiday. Highly recommend this hotel.. Thank you Sentido

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main pools, more relaxing
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank randj G
SentidoManagement, General Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Randj,

It’s great to know that you had such a wonderful time at the Sentido and thank you for the 5* review, it’s very much appreciated.

There are a lot of places to eat at the Sentido and after trying all of them, many guests find a particular restaurant they love and visit that one more often than others. It all depends on personal taste.

We are very well situated for excursions and there are many to do and I’m so pleased that you ventured out and experienced what Sharm has to offer. Be sure to discuss your plans with Guest Relations who can give you a lot of information on where to go and how to go so that you get the most out of your excursion.

Thank you for choosing the Sentido and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We couldn't have picked a better hotel. The whole resort is so clean and well kept. The staff were friendly and always happy to help. We stayed in room 2122. Our room opened up onto a very quiet area with fairly exclusive swimming pools, sun beds and a pool bar which becomes the Cactus grill after 6pm.
Ali, our pool guy had our towels laid out and our parasol up before we'd even stepped outside. Always on hand to make us comfortable. Very kind and friendly guy helped make our honeymoon so special.
Ahmed was our barman for the week. He regularly topped up our drinks or replaced our empties without us asking. Very accommodating and professional.
Our rooms were made up each day by Ali in House-keeping, and towel art was arranged on our bed almost every day. Made us feel very welcome and didn't disturb us once.
We had a cold shower on our first morning there. I called Kirsty in reception.... by lunchtime it was sorted and we'd had a personalised note pushed under our door from Kirsty checking everything was alright. This was the only 'problem' we had and it was very quickly resolved.
Thomas Cook didn't advise us that I'd need to wear trousers for evening meals so I only had the jeans I flew out in... Only a few of the restaurants have such dress codes though.
There is a towel stand on the beach, if available they have snorkels and masks for you to borrow to save buying them.
We'd highly recommend the patio restaurant (out the back of reception and through the 'keyhole') for a lunchtime menu. Freshly cooked food with friendly waiters.
We had a fantastic time, met lots of great people and made new friends. very chilled out. Just what we both needed. Only wish we'd booked for more than one week!!

Room Tip: Ask for an actual double bed, not 2 singles joined together. Our bed was huge and unbelievably comfortable. We had the best sleep EVER!! If we visit Egypt again in the future then we'll be asking for Room 2122 at this resort.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jon W

Dear Jon,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing the Sentido for the momentous occasion of your honeymoon and to congratulate you and wish you a long and happy life together.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were well served by the staff everywhere you went. (We do like to make an extra special fuss of guests with very special celebrations).

Kirsty does an admirable job in Guest Relations and will sort out any issue you may have quickly and efficiently and I’m pleased she managed to sort your shower out for you.

Thank you for the lovely review and we do hope that we will see you again soon – perhaps for your first anniversary? We hope so.