“'It Was OK'”

Ranked #15 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Just returned from a week at this hotel,I have rated it very good as the other option was average and it was above average, however it was just ok, not to the standard of previous 5 star hotels we have stayed in Sharm.On arriving late evening we were told to make our way to the restaurant for our evening meal, having just started to eat the meal we were told could we choose quickly if we wanted anything else as the restaurant was about to close, not a good start, either offer the service or not!!! Room was ok nothing special, no towel art for us!!! bathroom and shower facility cramped and dated. We ate at Mo's most evenings as tried others and not impressed,Mo's was not a brilliant experience for dining out, we didn't go hungry but that's all I can say. Staff are friendly in all areas which is to be expected, although we did on 6 separate occasions ordered our drinks and had to go and get them ourselves as these had been forgotten, apologies came, but come on it's not rocket science to remember 1 larger 1 coke. We will return to Sharm but not to this hotel which is a shame!!! Need to pass on our thanks' to Taha the pool boy who was excellent and worth a mention.

Room Tip: Take high grade mosquito spray you will need it
4  Thank 186394Wendy
SentidoManagement, Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Guests,
Thank you for choosing SENTIDO ROSR and for taking the time to give us your feedback on your holiday experience. We sincerely appreciate this. We acknowledge that the hotel does not meet your expectations. We have notified our Food & Beverage Director regarding the first impressions you had when you arrived in Mo’s restaurant, we understand that you did not have a good experience throughout your stay of the holiday and apologize for this along with the service you have had whilst ordering drinks. We offer a wide range of food and products in all our restaurants to suit a variation of different tastes, It is always good to have feedback as we strive to improve so everyone can enjoy. The housekeeping department have been notified that you did not receive towel art, and we will ensure that this does not happen again. Unfortunately you were not fascinated by the bathroom facilities in the room, however we do make sure that these facilities are always clean and of high standard. Thank you for your lovely words for the staff mentioned, we will share these comments with our team. We hope to welcome you back again so we can exceed your expectations.

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Well where do I start what a fantastic hotel absolutely gorgeous grounds received a welcome drink and flannel after my flight from Manchester we then got shown to our room fantastic pool view! Pool area was so relaxing and very clean Mohammed the pool boy made my holiday putting my towel on my sun bed and bringing me drinks to my sunbed. Cleaning my sun glasses... Can't thank the staff enough for the fantastic service I received throughout my stay. Hassan the manager was a very nice man! I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends and I will be returning! I LOVE EGYPT!!!

Room Tip: 1228 fantastic pool view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Laura U

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing SENTIDO ROSR and for taking the time to give us your feedback on your holiday experience. We sincerely appreciate this. We are delighted to read that your experience with us in the hotel was so wonderful. We thank you for the kind words and for the staff mentioned, we will share these comments with our team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

SENTIDO REEF Oasis Senses Resort

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We (a couple in our mid/late 20's) visited this resort on 19th April for a week. Although it is a very good resort it is not the perfection other reviewers are writing about.

Things got off to a great start in reception. Our bag was taken from me immediately and we were asked to take a seat where we received cold towels and a welcome drink. We were soon seen by Aziz who told us all about the resort and gave us our room keys etc.
Our bags were taken with us on a buggy to our room. Unfortunately we received a twin room instead of the requested double but this was sorted immediately with no issue as we simply moved to the room next door. The mini bar and welcome snacks were then moved into our new room swiftly.

Although the room (2017) was very clean on arrival the standard did seem to slip for the remainder of our stay. The floor was swept but never really cleaned properly. Dead moths and sun cream smears etc would remain for a couple of days. The mirror was not cleaned at all during our stay, so smears of dead mosquito's remained. Although towel art may seem like a treat, I did expect to see it each day, however we only had one little swan on one day and nothing else on any other day. Not a complaint of course but as many reviewers had posted about this I was a little disappointed not to receive this.
The room on the whole was a little under what i would expect for a 5*.

The pool that was just a couple of metres from our room was a lovely quiet area to relax. It was a long thin rectangular shaped pool with sunbeds and larger double beds surrounding it. As soon as we walked out of our door and towards the pool, towels were placed on sunbeds for us straight away when we required them. Great service! Cold towels were brought to us on the last couple of days but unfortunately not for the first 4 or 5. There is no bar at this pool but it's only a short distance to walk to get a drink or i'm sure if you asked a drink would be brought over for you.

The bar staff seem to lack knowledge of their menus as the same cocktail ordered 3 or 4 times would contain completely different mixtures. They were completely unrecognisable from each other. There is also a very limited and poor selection of all inclusive drinks.

The beach is walk-able from any room although if you really don't fancy walking there is a shuttle bus to and from the beach very regularly. The beach has an exclusive area just for Sentido guests but to be honest it is not really necessary as it's all the same. There is a jetty and a swim-able lane out to and excellent coral reef where you can see hundreds of different fish and coral including rays. Boats full of snorkelers and divers visit these reefs.

The food varies a lot. The buffet restaurants (Mo's, the citadell and the italian) are quite poor on the whole. Luke warm food is common throughout them all. Mo's is the best and is to be fair quite good for breakfast and ok for dinner but lunch is not the best. We were treated extremely well by Khaled in Mo's who seated us as soon as he saw us and brought over drinks immediately. He was always asking if we'd had a good day.
The extra payment restaurants were all excellent if not perhaps a little over priced. The Asian where the skillful teppanyaki chef 'Nice' works was the highlight. The BBQ at the cactus bar was also extremely good with delicious steak (at an extra cost).
The European wine is ridiculously over priced however costing from about £60+ a bottle. You can get Egyptian wine which is decent enough from about £15 a bottle.

The overall experience was a very good one but I still think this resort is a little short of 5* and can certainly improve.

1  Thank AdamGore
SentidoManagement, Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Guests,

We are delighted that your check-in was to your satisfaction and that you felt welcome when arrived to the hotel.

We have informed our Housekeeping Director of your experience in the room. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will ensure It does not happen again.

We are glad that you enjoyed the pools in the hotel, unfortunately we do not offer bar service at this pool as part of the all inclusive, however your closest bar would be at the Cactus BBQ and the pool attendant is there permanently to help assist you with anything throughout the day.

The Food and Beverage Director has been advised of the lack of knowledge you felt from the waiting staff and you will see an improvement on this should you decide to visit us again. He has also been advised of your conception of the food in the restaurants and this will be reviewed as we are catering for a wide range of guest tastes It is always good to have this constructive feedback as we strive to improve so everyone can enjoy.

Unfortunately the exclusive area for Sentido guests at the beach did not meet your expectations, we acknowledge this hope that you were happy with the attentive bar service and managed to relax.

For any extra charge in the A La Carte restaurants you will find from here that these are a special dining experience with a choice of imported food, along with the European wine and will be at a charge due to taxes of being imported into the country.

We thank you for kind words of the staff mentioned and will share the rest of your comments with our team.

We hope to welcome you back again so we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Having traveled to sharm over the last 7 years and visited several 5 star hotels , I chose this purely on reviews , however my honest opinion is this hotel is tired in respect of the rooms: shower room very shabby , yes it was clean but cracked tiles and shower drains smelling and broke is not 5 star standard.
If the complex was at full capacity I do not know how they would accommodate a good quality service with regards to restaurants as there is not enough.
Mo's was like a canteen with poor quality of food.
AI holidays in my Experience in sharm always offer you at least 1 visit per restaurant , not here you have to pay for Indian, moonlight , tepanyaki , sorry this is not good enough .
sadly will not return to this hotel .
Staff were lovely and pool area nice but that was all.

3  Thank jojo085
SentidoManagement, Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor.
We regret to know that you have found our rooms to be tired and the shower room is shabby, however we consider every guest comments seriously and will definitely take the necessary measure towards your comments.

We count with three buffet restaurants for breakfast, lunch & dinner which give the chance to our guests to choose their preferred dining location beside the variety of the food.
As an all inclusive resort we do offer variety of restaurants within the all inclusive concept such as La Gioconda Italian restaurant, CIBUM Garden Grill restaurant and Cactus BBQ Restaurant, all in addition to our theme buffet nights in the three buffet restaurants.
A la carte specialty restaurants are offered for an extra payment as a special dining experience.

Once again thank you very much for your recent visit and we hope to have the chance of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had just under 2 weeks at Sentido during the Easter holidays and thoroughly enjoyed it. We primarily chose this hotel as the family rooms include a totally separate bedroom for children as opposed to just an alcove area or sofa bed (I think they also have smaller rooms with just an alcove which may suit some families). We were very happy with the layout of our room and so was our daughter with her own twin room complete with television.

One of the main highlights of the hotel was the friendliness of the staff. They are just fabulous! We have stayed at many hotels including others in Sharm and have never met such happy, friendly staff who just seemed to want to do their very best for the customers but at no time did I ever feel they were looking for tips (although we obviously did tip those we thought had given us super service at the end of our holiday).

We ate at several restaurants within the complex but Mo's was definitely our favourite for welcome and good service. Wael Hakim is the perfect restaurant manager and our favourite waiters there were Khaled and Mohammed who couldn't do enough for us, always with a smile.

The patio bar for lunch was great as it's a la carte instead of buffet but the service could be a bit slow. We noticed a difference when our usual waiter Baseem went off for a few days holiday and felt a few more staff on duty betwen 12 and 2 would have made service a lot better but the food was always good, especially the enchiladas and the quesadillas.

One of the lovely things about this hotel was how different a day you could have whether you chose to spend the day at the pool or the beach. Both were fab, when we spent the day at the Sentido pools then Taha was always there to ensure we were happy. He always went the extra mile, he saw my husband trying to blow up a li-lo for our daughter and rushed across to take it away and have it blown up for us. Another day I was trying to move my bed into the shade and again he rushed over to help and say "you're here to relax, let me do that". As others have said he also polished glasses and sprayed iced water when we were too hot. Other pool staff were lovely too, bringing drinks to our sunbed etc.

A day at the beach was very different, a bit busier because it's the reef oasis beach too but also great. The staff at the beach also brought drinks to our sunbeds regularly too and a special mention for friendliness and service must go to Ahmed on towels at the beach. My daughter cut her foot on the coral one day (our own fault for not having her beach shoes on) and Ahmed very nicely cleaned it all up and put iodine on it. He then called up to the hotel to get a little golf cart to take us back to the hotel so she didn't have to walk. He was always happy to chat and make us feel special.

The little water park was excellent too, always spotlessly clean, as was the whole resort. We spent an hour or so there most afternoons and felt that the opening hours were perfect.

This hotel had the most "active" guest relations team I have ever met. Kirsty was so helpful and regularly visited the pool and beach to ensure everyone was enjoying their stay. I joked with her as it seemed that every time I had a query - the complimentary laundry service, booking a late check-out, organising a trip to Soho square - before I could go looking for her, she just seemed to appear and organise everything for us. Thank you Kirsty.

The only small niggle we had was the restaurants that were not AI. We ate at the Tepenyaki restaurant and the food was wonderful, Nice the chef was a master and the meal was a show, worth every penny. I do not understand however why we would have to pay the additional charges for beer, very expensive wine and even for soft drinks for our daughter when we were AI. The additional drinks charges (we only had a couple of beers and a couple of soft drinks) made the overall additional cost for the meal about £70 for 2 adults and 1 child which seemed a lot in addition to the cost of the holiday.

We also ate at the Cactus BBQ twice and although the overall ambience of the restaurant was really good, our experience was marred on both occasions by the only rude member of staff that we met there. We spoke to other people who also experienced this there but I have read compliments to the BBQ staff too so perhaps we were unlucky.

To anyone considering a booking I would say definitely go for it. We plan to return next year as we had such a good time, the most comfortable hotel beds and sunbeds ever and once again the friendliest hotel staff I have ever met.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad room locations at Sentido, it's very well laid out. We were...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank KeiSanHolDav
SentidoManagement, Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort management and employees, We would like to extend our sincere appreciation for taking time to review our hotel and giving us such a wonderful feedback. It is great to learn that you enjoyed your holiday in our resort much. Guests' feedback is important to us as we always heading to improve our performance using genuine customer comments such as yours.

It is with deep pleasure to read your comments about our quality of service, our warm atmosphere of friendship and our employees. We have informed the Food and Beverage Director regarding your experience in the Cactus BBQ, we apologize for this and we ensure that you will see improvements when you return in the future.

Rest assured that we will pass on your compliments to our team members. Once again, thank you and we hope to welcoming you as soon as possible.

Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Wow what can I say about this place - just arrived back to the UK after an amazing 9 day experience at this hotel. It was our first time to Egypt and my wife and I were both a little nervous after things you here about the country - this could not be further from the truth and I have to say this hotel was above an beyond everything we could have hoped for.

From start to finish the service was second to none and we were looked after like royalty throughout. We requested a ground floor pool view room in the "quieter" section of the hotel and we got exactly this - very few children (but even around the main area-it was quiet, classy and chilled).

We were greated on arrival by Aziz and Kirsty the guest relations team who could not have been more welcoming and gave us cold towels and drinks after the long journey. They were very very friendly and spoke to us every day - by walking around the pools and asking EVERY guest if there stay was ok and if there were any issues - which there never were.

The site is huge but easy to navigate around and only a 5/10 min walk to the beach or the constant shuttle bus which runs all day (if your lazy lol). We did feel that the Sentido (5*) where we stayed at the top of the site is FAR superior to the reef oasis (4*) hotel at the bottom of the site but the reef oasis was pleasant and should not put anyone off going to the Sentido at all.

The service at every bar and restaurant on the Sentido site was fantastic and have to say out of all of the places we have been around the World (Mexico, Mauritius, Turkey, spain, Greece etc) this was by far the best service.
In the main restaurant (MO's) for breakfast, lunch and dinner (which was optional as there were other restaurants - but this was the best!!) you had the 2 fantastic waiters Khaled Hassan and Mohammed Youssry who looked after us every single day, escorting us to tables, carried our food, making sure we had drinks topped up and all done with a smile, laugh and joke throughout. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel welcome and they deserve all the credit as they made our stay very special.

Some people have criticised the food on here but i have to say Mo's food was excellent and varied each night with different themes as well as two guitarists playing soothing music as you eat - fantastic.

We did eat at the italian restaurant which was extremely poor but please be aware that this is on the reef oasis site and part of their hotel - NOT the SENTIDO!!!!!! The beach restaurant (La Citadel) food is ok and easily attainable if you have a day on the beach - but again this is attached to the reef oasis hotel not the Sentido.

I also definitely recommend eating at the Sentido cactus bar BBQ in the evening - which does need to be booked in advance (we did it for the same day!) which is a fantastic meal of cooked kebabs, meats, potatoes, rice and salads all cooked by your own chef (who also serve the drinks) on a bbq as you sit and chill and relax with cocktails.

We also paid for an al la carte meal at the Moonlight fine dining restaurant on the beach which was amazing and very relaxed and chilled - with only 9 tables and a real experience. Definitely worth paying for this for one night, or 2! ;)

I Cannot say enough about the service and this is the case throughout the sentido - as we had a room in the quieter block - which was right next to the cactus bar which was handy lol! (only drinks in the day but BBQ at night as mentioned) we had our very own bar man, Mohammed Saad who was absolutely excellent, constantly walking around bring water and drinks without having to ask - he was so friendly and a really lovely young man who was always happy, smiling and wanted to make the stay as enjoyable as he could. As well as this we also had Soliman who was amazing, he made sure you had constantly got clean beach towels every day and he even saved beds for us every morning write outside our room which was fantastic. As well as this 5* service he also came round to clean everyones sun glasses (which was weird at first lol - but nice) and bring fresh iced flannels to cool people down during the hot periods of the day - which was content.

As we wanted a chilled holiday we spend most of our days around the pool but the beach had fantastic snorkelling facilities with a beautiful reef and jetty leading out to i for unbelievable views of the marine life. It also had a bus stop on site to take the short trip to Naame bay that ran twice daily - but we were lazy lol

All in all this is one of the best 5* hotels we have been to which is very much down to the staff and service provided.

The sentido is fantastic and we are already looking at flights for october! :)

Room Tip: We asked for a ground floor pool view room in the quieter area of the hotel - block 2000 is the quie...
2  Thank James G
bestofintensions01, Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for choosing the ROSS and for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We sincerely appreciate it. We are delighted that your visit was as enjoyable as described.It's been our pleasure having you with us, and we all look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Went 9th to 16th April 2014 and had an exceptional time apart from the odd problems with buffet food which could easily be fixed with a bit of investment and effort.

Hotel itself .. stunning at night , quite a walk to the beach but has little shuttle every 10 minutes with a very friendly service. 9/10 as not directly on beach

Room.. good , bathroom a bit small, pool view was nice , Abdul who cleaned our room was fantastic with different animals and shapes made for my daughter (aged 10) every day. 9/10 due to bathroom.

Staff..great very friendly, Aziz at main reception very helpful, Kirsty in guest relations exceptional, Mohamed at the beach bar provided the best service we have ever had on holiday, worked tirelessly and Bassem at the beach restaurant lovely Ahmed at the beach towel point very very friendly too. 10/10.

food at Mos and other buffets. The best food at Mo's went very quickly and if you left it late (past 7.30 for dinner and 9 for breakfast was cold and of poor quality) view and beach restaurant at breakfast great but foodbetter at Mos but by this time we were getting up at 8am for breakfast so got the best before the rest . Evening if you got there first it was much better according to guest we talked to. Cactus grill was good (no cost) Indian was fantastic (at small cost) Asian was a problem , we booked for Tepanyaki but could not have it once we got there due to the restaurant taking extra bookings on the night. Complained next day at reception and got a lovely response from Kirsty and a sushi pack for both of us for the flight home. Buffet restaurants (3/10) indian (10/10) cactus (9/10) Asian (no score as unfair to rate as did not have tempenyaki but looked very good the food we had was great but a bit expensive)

Beach... clean , with separate area for Sentido but if you left it past 9.00 on the sunny days all the beds were gone. French boules lots of fun, kebabs and chips at restaurant great. 9/10 (bit crowded, stops it being 10)

Snorkelling ... if you went to the far left past the jetty on the public beach it was up with the best I have ever seen ( I have snorkelled on over 10 trips in the red sea, and 4 to caribean and 3 to maldives). Went at night with torches from the dive shop for £45 for two ,,, lots of lion fish which you can also see from the jetty at night. 10/10

Pools.. quite cold when you first get in , only one heated gently which was busy, beds around this one went quickly.. 7/10.

Water park, 1/2 shut , cold pools but rest was great. Open afternoon only 5/10 due to not all open and water in rest of pool cold

Trip to Tiran island .. well worth it great day out. 10/10

I almost want to give this review a poor slot to wake the senior management up as it's such a shame that I even have a complaint about the food as it could easily be solved with a bit of thought and investment ... ie better heaters , and option to cook more food at the buffets throughout the evening to have some fresh (as per the omelette as per breakfast),

The exceptional staff make this a lovely friendly and warm experience which my daughter and I would like to say a huge thank you,, they are without doubt the most friendly hotel of this size I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: pool view helps a lot as rest look average
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank daveguk

Dear guest, Thank you for choosing the ROSS and for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We sincerely appreciate it. We are delighted that your visit was as enjoyable as described. We will discuss your comment on the food with our Executive chef to make the necessary improvements. It's been our pleasure having you with us, and we all look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us.