“Great way to see the New Year in!”

SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort
Ranked #11 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London
“Great way to see the New Year in!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sentido Reef Oasis Senses hotel from 19/12/13-2/1/14 and having holidayed over Christmas and New Year for the past 4 years have to say this was the best ever.
The reception staff were very helpful and friendly when we arrived exchanging our twin room on the first floor to a double suite on the ground floor with no extra charge and it took less than 30 minutes.
The Resort is so big I'm sure we did not see all of it even though you could catch a bus from reception to the beach it was a pleasant stroll to walk of the excess food and drink.
There are so many pool's that we lost count but Mohammed from the reception bar was kind enough to point out on our first night which pool was heated as the others were freezing.
Our pool and towel attendant Abdel Rachman made my stay very enjoyable by having our towels laid out each morning on 2 sun beds where we were always in line with the sun. The sunbeds had umbrellas for shade if it did become too hot and Abdel regularly came around with his glasses kit to clean our glasses (lovely touch that we have not encountered before). During the day we were entertained and supplied with cold drinks by Saher-Hany. His attentiveness and patience (putting up with my husbands banter) makes him a saint in my eyes.
Bassem who worked at the bar with snacks opposite reception was fantastic he produced the most delicious fish & chips and the Pico steak was mouth watering. He always had a smile and was eager for us to visit with him even though my husband had nicknamed him (Danny Devito) and got all the other waiters, managers and guests calling him this after showing a picture that showed an uncanny likeness.
The variety of restaurants available to us was overwhelming - we mainly ate at Mo's Restaurant as we were made so welcome by the front of house staff Sarah, Asmaa and Mr Hassan and our waiters Khalid and Mohammed who were so attentive and friendly and made you feel nothing was too much trouble. We felt like royalty.
We also tried the Pink Elephant Restaurant, and the Grill Bar both I wish we had more time to try again as I did not get the full appreciation of the food due to my being unwell.
Sentido is the best place to become unwell as the staff go out of there way to ensure you are given the best care possible from Denise on guest relations, who called my room, came to find me on the resort and every time she saw me checked I was feeling better and if she could do anything for me. The doctor at the hotel was friendly, understanding and reassuring so that I felt I was in good hands. The management team also checked up on me at the chef's at Mo's Restaurant made such a fuss making me special soups and chicken meals to ensure I kept my strength up. I was better treated at this hotel than in the hospitals in the UK.
For your sushi and teriyaki ask for Nice the chef his food was exquisite and I could easily have eaten all day.
I can't praise the staff enough for their friendliness and would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
I was unwell to attend the Christmas Eve dinner but we went to the New Years Eve Gala and I was so impressed with the effort that had been put into the decoration of the football pitch size marquee, the tables with the little gift bags for each guest. The food wow so much variety I wanted to try everything but I would have to have stayed there for another week to taste or try all the different variety of food, the entertainment, disco, music singing and dancing had everyone wanting to get involved but the best part for me was the staff. The way they were dressed for the occasion, for making sure that the guests they had looked after on previous days were having a good time, leaving there designated stations to wish guests a Happy New Year. THE BEST WE HAVE EVER BEEN TO.
I cannot big this hotel up enough and I hope that we can come back again soon.
Thank you to 2 room attendance for the fantastic towel decorations and clearing up after us.

Only criticism was the wifi which was poor throughout our stay.

Room Tip: We were in room 1135 and we overlooked the table tennis but was in easy access to the pools and rece...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank smilingjan
SentidoManagement, Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort and for taking the time to write your comments. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
It is with deep pleasure to learn that you are overall satisfied with our services, staff, Restaurants especially the Pink Elephant and the Grill Bar. Once again, we would like to thank you for the time you spent writing to us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort In the nearest future.
Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I took my family back to Sentido Reef Oasis for 2nd Year running and was not disappointed. The resort was a lot quieter than the previous year but I believe tourist numbers are down throughout Sharm at the moment but I would say this made our stay better.

The main reason for choosing the Sentido was for the fantastic New Years Eve Gala Party. Amazing buffet, entertainment, band and disco made a very enjoyable night.

On the resort we were made really welcome by all the staff including Kareem & Alfred on reception, Hanry in the bar, Abdel our pool attendant and all the waiters (too many to name) especially in Moe's and the Pool Snack Bar.

We were lucky enough to dine at both the Pine Elephant Indian and Moonlights. Moonlights did have a cover charge but we were served salmon, lobster and fillet steak so it was well worth the extra.

The rooms were cleaned to a high standard daily and the towel creations became more impressive day by day. I didn't think the crocodile would get topped but the elephant (with a couple of spare pillows!) was outstanding.

One excursion I would highly recommend if you have children is the dolphin experience. Both myself and my wife have done similar trips in Florida which have turned out to be overpriced production lines but our daughter and her friend had about 30 minutes one to one in the pool with the dolphins. This was then followed by a well choreographed show with 4 dolphins and 2 handlers. The dolphins appeared very happy and their environment was extremely clean and well maintained.

Great holiday and already thinking about returning again for next new year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Gordon F
Dear Gordon F,
First of all, let us seize this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort and for taking the time to write your warm feedback.
We are pleased to learn that you are overall satisfied with our staff, F&B outlets, Service and do hope that you had good relaxing holiday generally.
Moreover, rest assured that we will pass on your compliments to our team members.We hope that we can welcoming you soon in our hotel again.

Sincerely

Ufford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We've just returned from a holiday at the Sentido Reef Oasis Senses and it was fantastic. The rooms and hotel itself were fantastic but it was the people and service that was second to none. I fell (totally my own fault) and I can honestly say that the treatment my family and I had was amazing. Nothing was to much trouble and the care and attention we had was brilliant. Be it food, pool, service or room I would recommend it all. We'll definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank BronGB
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort and for taking the time to write your wonderful feedback. It is with deep pleasure to know that you are overall satisfied with our services, food quality, staff, and Hotel lay out generally. Rest assured that we will pass on your compliments to our team members who made your stay a memorable and a pleasant one. Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Shaftesbury
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

The sentido is a really well appointed hotel with great rooms. The hotel was very low occupancy but still took 30 mins to change the room to a ground floor room which was requested ... This was due to other guests from sister hotel being put into the rooms. Also the wifi was very poor - but the manager gave us a 3g dongle which was good

The food was of really very good quality - especially the chefs which cook fresh for you, the teriyaki and sushi . In the bar b q restaurant the food was too spicy even after asking but the restaurant manager absolutely made up for it by inviting us back and cooking us an amazing chateaubriand .

The staff throughout the resort were amazing and so were the animation team, they cleaned our sunglasses, brought ice water and walked from one end of the resort to the other to get a drink which was not normally served in the bar we were in !

We will return as the food was the best we have had in Egypt - just ask for no spice if you don't like, really make sure that you communicate with the team there and they will make good !

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DDandMat
Dear Guest

On behalf of Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort Team, we would like to extend our sincere appreciation for taking time to review our hotel and giving us such a valuable comment. It is with deep pleasure to know that you are totally satisfied with our services and staff, food quality and variety.

We will pass on your compliments to our team members. We always count on our guest's to guides us for achieving the highest quality standards.

Thank you very much again for choosing to stay at Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort and as always we are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back in the nearest future in our Resort.

Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Sentido Reef Oasis resort for one week, and were expecting a five-star worthy, all inclusive resort. However, we didn't get what we wanted. In some restaurants you couldn't have some drinks or you had to pay for them and you couldn't get alcohol in some without paying for them. There was cats everywhere, and flies too. However, the staff were really nice to us and the hotel was lovely and clean. They treated my daughter well for her birthday. Music was playing all the time, but it didn't feel Egyptian. Overrated, definitely. If you are prepared to pay for drinks and some items of food, then go ahead.

Room Tip: We had a pool view ground floor room and it was absolutely lovely. There was a heated pool outside o...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank Chloe L
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Last time was there in September! Amazing and huge Resort! Very friendly staff, high level service, great location, all what you need is beside, no wind on the beach, Aquapark, gym, good food and drink selection! I was reading some reviews about poor breakfast and food variety.......trust me......in Egypt can be 100 times worse!!!!
Would like to say each single person THANK YOU, GUYS!!! Housekeeping, Restaurants and Bars, Beach and Pool boys, Reception! You are awsome!
1120 room - always clean room with good location, sunny side, pool view, ground floor....everything, what we were asking for!
Special thanks to Kareem, Mahmoud, Samy, Mr. Alaa and Mr. Hassan (Front Office), Mr. Amr (HK Manager), Hamdy Bellman, Tarek, Hesham and Mr. Antonio (Restaurant) and Mr. Wael, who helped us in different cases! You guys? made our vacation unforgettable!!! Thank you once again and miss a lot!!!! Yu. Sh. :* =)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank YuSh2014
Dear Guest

Firstly, let us seize this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort and for taking the time to write your splendid review.
We are pleased to learn that you are completely satisfied with our variety of food, the rooms, friendly team and the excellent service.
Rest assured that we will pass on your compliments to our team members.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Best Regards,

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Sentido Reef Oasis Hotel for 2 weeks over the Christmas and New Year period and really enjoyed the facilities and staff at the resort.
Location :
We found the location of the hotel to be ideal.It's two minutes taxi ride to Sharm Old Town,walking distance to the Aqua park and about 15 minutes taxi into Naama Bay.
Hotel :
Where do I start? Firstly,its the biggest hotel resort I've ever known let alone stayed in.It really does have 23 decent sized pools scattered around its vast grounds.All of which were a pleasure to lounge beside and many with bars and pool attendants to assist in any way.
To Sentido customers you have your own aqua park with about ten decent slides and pool/snack bar.The complex also has 5 restaurants (including an Indian and an open air barbecue restaurant), several large bars for drinking and smoking Shisha (free of charge),several shops to purchase all you need,an open air wooden floored area with 3 jacuzzi's, a huge beach with large floating jetty to reach edge of coral for snorkelling and its own dive club (Mohammed the Dive Master was a lovely bloke who provided a professional and very friendly service) and shop which organises any diving and snorkelling trips around Sharm. There are several children's parks dotted around as well as a Game Zone with the latest XBOX and Playstation if you enjoy that kind of thing.The Wellness centre is a health spa(which we used on a couple of occasions) also on the grounds that provide all kinds of massages, facials,pedicures,manicures and general pampering. Above the reception there is a gym with modern weights and treadmills and bikes, sauna,jacuzzi and steam rooms.There are two pool tables,table tennis tables and various other activities to keep you occupied.For those among you who take relaxing to the extreme there's even a shuttle bus that travels regularly from reception down to the beach.
Room :
We found the room to be spacious,clean and with plenty of storage.The bathroom and shower were excellent.Although we didn't use it,we had a TV with more than the few local incomprehensible channels on.
Staff :
These guys really were an integral part of why we enjoyed our stay here.
Over the 2 weeks we spent at the hotel,we came into daily contact with probably 30-50 members of staff and genuinely can't speak highly enough of every single one.
The staff that we felt went above and beyond their duty's just to be friendly and accommodating were ABDEL RACHMAN who was our towel /pool man and a pleasure to have met:KHALED HASSAN who was our waiter in Mo's Restaurant and a polite, friendly and very entertaining character as were his colleagues SARAH, ASMAA, RAEED MOSTEFA, HAYTHAM, HASSAN & MOHAMMED YOUSSRY.Saher Hany who is a barman at the main reception bar who provided everybody with drinks and laughs throughout our stay: BASSEM (aka Danny De vito) was a credit to his bar and the hotel.Nothing was too much trouble and he was only to pleased to make sure we were happy and comfortable.
We found all the staff from room cleaners,receptionists,shop keepers,chefs and barmen to be friendly,welcoming and accommodating.
For those reading this review who may wish to stay here over the Christmas and even New Year period I would highly recommend it.
The Christmas programme was OK with separate buffet nights on Xmas Eve but we were especially surprised with the effort the hotel made for New Years Eve.
The night was held in a huge football pitch sized marque that was decorated in silk drapes with the largest buffet I've seen and a stage with various singers and groups as well as a dance floor.There were around 60 tables with each place receiving a little party bag which we thought was a nice touch.This was included in the price and a genuinely great New Years Eve was had by all the guests we spoke to and most of the staff too.

After much deliberation, my girlfriend and I really can't find anything negative about this hotel worth mentioning and would recommend it to couples and family's of all ages travelling at any time of the year!

Room Tip: Stay longer than a week as it takes three days to become familiar with the whole of the resort. If...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Petelewis75
SentidoManagement, Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest

First of all, we would like to extend our sincere appreciation for taking time to review our hotel and giving us such a warm feedback. Guests' feedback is important to us as we always heading to improve our performance using genuine customer comments by people such as yourself. It is with deep pleasure to read your vivid comments about the diversity you can see in our hotel,quality and variety of food, rooms, service, pools, the Spa, cleanness of Resort and hotel atmosphere generally .We also want say thank you for your great feedback abot our New Years Eve we have done our very best to make this evening unforgettable for our Guest.However, we were really concerned to read your comments. Rest assured that we will pass on your compliments to our team members which embellished your stay more.
Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort in the nearest future.