Siva Sharm Resort & Spa
Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence(Sharm El Sheikh)
$78
$123
$99
$50
2,602 results
All reviewssoho squarepiano baranimation teamsea viewmain restaurantgreat holidaynaama bayfussy eaterbig thanksamazing hotellarge poolmost nightsguest relationstipsunbedsentertainmentsharm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Reading some of the previous reviews on here I wonder if some ever stayed here at all. Yes, the reception is on the 7th floor but what the reviewer fails to say is that this is actually street level & the floors head down in number to bring you to sea level just like every other hotel/resort on the south facing side of Sharm El Sheikh. You don't have to constantly wait for lifts to get around the hotel, there are 4 lifts & we never had a single problem pressing a button and waiting for no more than 30 seconds. You're on holiday, have a little patience and enjoy it.

Some reviewers mention Russian holiday-makers; Now I am sorry but while we were there we were the only English family at the resort and we never had a single problem with anyone whatsoever, no one was rude, no one pushed us around, no one jumped a queue and no one started any arguments with us. Russian people are entitled to a holiday just like the rest of us and they really aren't a problem.

Overall the Savita is a lovely place; The Staff are absolute perfection and make you feel so welcome the moment you walk through the door - Although the bloke on Reception should learn how to smile now and then. The food is standard all-inclusive fayre and never appeals to me no matter where I go so I can't complain about it but if you want something different there is an Italian and a Chinese restaurant that you can book easily enough, which is also all inclusive. Usually with all inclusive holidays you get very cheap versions of beer/soft drinks etc so I was quite surprised to find that the Savita uses quite a good quality bottled lager and branded soft drinks. The 'beach' area isn't up to much and is basically just rocky outcrops so don't go there thinking that you will be laying on a long sandy beach all day - None of the hotels on this stretch have that and if that's what you want you should book further north towards the Baron resort.

All in all, I can't fault the Savita Resort; The staff are exceptional, the pool areas are brilliant, the coastline is beautiful and everything about the place is worth the money you will spend staying there. Do yourself a favour - don't read all the reviews that moan about other nationalities, if you want to hear English people swearing loudly, whilst bouncing empty cans of special brew off each others' foreheads go to Benidorm. If you don't like waiting 30 seconds for an elevator to bring you down to sea-level book a caravan in Dorset and if you are the sort who moans about 'foreign food' stay at home and have a BBQ because holidays in Egypt are not for you.

If you have booked the Savita and you are reading some of the previous reviews with a heavy heart then let me put your mind at rest; You'll love it, don't worry, go and enjoy it, it's a brilliant place.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room on floors 6 or 5 - The view is amazing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank deekyKent
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 weeks with my parents in March. Ive visited sharm many times but this hotel isnt one I would come back to.

The reception area is on the 7th floor so you are constantly waiting for the lifts to get around the hotel which when so many are doing the same things gets quite frustrating.

The food that was cooked outside on the grills was great but what we found in the restaurant itself was very disappointing and extremely limited.

It was about 10 mins walk to soho but through an unlit road and be warned that soho is an expensive area. To get anywhere else you would need to get a taxi as it is otherwise quite remotely located and is around 15 mins walk to the main road.

The room was very nice and the reception did their best to accomodate our requests of the view we wanted.

The pool and beach staff were fantastic and if you tip them they will secure beds for you everyday for your entire stay. Be warned there isnt much of a beach as it is mainly coral and to go to the water you have to walk out on the bridge.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank lulubee1988
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I travelled with my elderly Parents for a 2 week break & was a little concerned about some reviews I read before travelling. I needn't have been worried as it was one of the best hotels for service I have ever stayed in in Egypt. I have visited Egypt more than 40 times & the staff at this hotel were, by far, the most attentive & respectful. The rooms were spotless, large, light & with good air conditioning, we had a sea view with interconnecting rooms which was very handy. The hotel was well cared for & the gardens beautiful. The only down side was the quality, not choice of the food. When we mentioned this we were told it was because of the unrest in the country making it more difficult to get good quality produce. The chefs were willing to cook us anything we wanted if we didn't fancy anything on offer. None of us were I'll while we were there although another English traveller did suffer & needed to see a Dr. Mohamed in the Piano bar was the star of the hotel, so attentive, helpful & caring he really should be in charge as he seemed to be the one person who sorted out everyone's problems, he works such long hours & never once lost his smile! We have already booked to return in December.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank chenod
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Savita is one of them hotels that when you pull up in front of it you immediately get that excited feeling by its beauty. I'm just gonna cut to the chase, we had a lovely room with a balcony. The spa is nice,warm and peaceful. The outdoor pool is fairly cold so I didn't use it? FOOD was the highlight, lots of different foods offered in the buffet. If you walk outside fresh kebabs are being cooked and served which Is lovely. If you like Egyptian dancers, shisha & fun GO TO SAVITA!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aliyyah K
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a very nice stay in this hotel. At first we were a bit dissapointed because our first impression was that the hotel was a bit dated. The bathroom was very old and in poor shape. However the hotel was very clean and the employees very friendly and helpfull. The buffet was good and offert enough variety every day. The treathment in the beauty salon was perfect however the massage in the Spa was a bit unprofessional and poor. Anyway the nassage was given by women that made it for us (2 women) relaxed anyway. The excursions offert at the beach were a blast. We enjoyed the speedboat trip to Tiran Island very much . The snorkel spot was very nice and we saw a lot of delphines. Achmed is a carefull captain and dong good with young kids. Chris was very helpfull and offert us a free snorkel swimm in the sea for the kids and a short banana boat ride before we booked. The pool is very nice and qiuet, the view over the sea beautiful. The new garden terrace is a very nive spot to take lunch and offert very good kofte daily. The hotel is just 10 minutes walking of SOHO square. Even in the night security during the walk is good and we felt save all the time. Overall a perfect vacation , allthough in genaral the hotel is a bit dated.

Room Tip: Room with seaview is great
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends