“What a view and some amazing food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of On Deck - Floating Restaurant

On Deck - Floating Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Egyptian, Gluten Free
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The "On Deck - Floating Restaurant" is an ala cart restaurant located at the end of Naama Bay walkway, directly on the beach end of "Iberotel Lido" Hotel. It is situated on top of the waters of Red Sea, where you would enjoy dinning while different colored fishes are swimming under your table... The Restaurant is open daily as of 7:30pm till 10:30pm. Transfer from your hotel can be arranged upon request and advance bookings.
“What a view and some amazing food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We went here for some nice seafood and although understood it was on the water we had no idea how beautiful it was at night. So quiet and peaceful and all the water beside you is lit up so you can see the lion and trumpet fish swimming around. Had some amazing calamari and the best in sharm. Very romantic! Thank-you.

1 Thank Snarce

• Arabic first
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Not just a restaurant but an experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

In a unique position at Naama Bay, this superb restaurant is literally on the deck overlooking the beautiful blue sea. When darkness falls the sea is illuminated with many sightings of the lion fish that frequent the area, also lots of other varieties swimming around.

I made a booking and the bus of the Iberotel Lido - where the restaurant is situated - came to pick me up. From the moment I stepped on the deck I was treated as royalty, the service was superb, second to none. I did have a seat right at the edge of the deck with a wonderful view of the sea life, it was an evening in December and as the evening went on the heaters were lit, which made it very pleasant, although it wasn't a cold evening.

The menu is extensive with lots of seafood, I had a mixed seafood starter which was beautifully presented and really tasted as good as it looked. I also ordered a basket of breads which were obviously freshly prepared - oh how I love Egyptian bread! The main course was a seafood pasta dish, I chose penne, I make such a mess with spaghetti LOL Needless to say it was delicious. I didn't order a dessert, I was too full, but there was a plenty of choice. There was also an extensive wine menu. Prices are very good for the quality of food and service. I took my time and enjoyed the ambience.

I believe there are buffet evenings and evenings with entertainment as well. I think a breakfast sunrise morning would be great here, the views would be fantastic. It really is a romantic restaurant.

When I was there I asked if I could look around the hotel. The design is based on a cruise ship and is very unusual. It's a smaller hotel, which I like, it has a good beach area and I imagine the snorkeling here will be superb. The main restaurants have sea views and everywhere was spotlessly clean, there was a wall full of awards from the hotel industry and a few from Trip Advisor! The room I saw was well appointed and then we come to the roof!!! The swimming pool is here and the uninterrupted views of Naama Bay were amazing. I was really impressed by what I saw and can understand the great reviews it gets

• Visited December 2012
sunderland, UK
“Beautiful outdoor setting matched by beautiful food (and free taxi service)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is the outdoor restaurant of the Iberotel Lido hotel. Its just off the centre of Naama bay, about a 3/4 minute walk from the Hard rock bar. If you get your hotel concierge to call them to reserve a table, the iberotel will send their hotel minibus to collect you and after your meal they will take you home...all for free..now thats amazing service not matched anywhere else in Sharm. Ask for a table with a patio heater on the outdoor deck (in case its a chilly night, but take a jacket or coat anyway). If you have kids they will love it, not just for the food which is fantastic but the lights all light up the sea underneath you and you can see the fish swimming underneath and around you. Service is good, its a very romantic setting, looking out over the bay of Naama bay. Would really recommend it for a special occasion, but also with friends and family.

• Visited January 2012
“loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The deck is the main attraction, situated down the side of the lido hotel, when you walk down you reach the deck area and we had to ask the waiter if it was open, (it’s very quiet and intimate). the tables seating’s are around the outer edge of the deck with views over they bay. the real attraction are the lion fish in the water, make sure you bring a camera with you. the food is posh for naama bay, and if you’re not expecting novel cuisine you may be disappointed at the portion size, this is a high end restaurant for naama bay, but the food is lovely and of a high quality.

overall it’s an intimate dining experience rather than a catering eating establishment you find along the strip as you walk into naama bay.

• Visited November 2012
London
“Do not eat here !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Ok I took my wife here on our first night thinking it would be a great way to start the holiday ! WRONG, the food was pretty awful and we had to endure an Egyptian man attmepting to sing Kareoke to bob marley for the entire time. He is lucky that we are just polite and got on with it or i could have killed him with one of my scallops as they were like rock when they arrived in front of me and they were cold !

All in all it was the most expensive meal we had and the worst by a long way !

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Frank3h
GMLidoSSH, General Manager at On Deck - Floating Restaurant, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Good afternoon;
Thank you for your sparing your time sharing your personal dinner experience with T/A community. As much as we were happy to have you as our guest that evening, we are disappointed to know that we were not able to meet your expectations the same way we are well known for, and we always serve our valued guests, and for that, please accept our apology. I am positive that if you would have informed our Restaurant Manager about your personal observations, he would have acted immediately to recover the situation with all possible ways to ensure your dinner experience is not disturbed, and you would enjoyed the evening the same way as other guests in the Restaurant that night. Being located at the end of Naama Bay, we do arrange transfer services to our guests, who book us in advance, based on their requests only. Should you have asked for the transfer back from any team of our members, they would have easily arranged the same, though the majority of our guests, usually like to enjoy the evening walk in Naama Bay area after their dinner meal. Assuring you of our best services and full attention to all our guests, we all remain. On behalf of the management team, please accept our best regards…
Tamer A Gawad - General Manager Iberotel Lido Sharm