“Thanks be to God!!”

$26.40*
St Catherine Monastery and Mt Sinai Sunrise Tour from Dahab
$480.00*
and up
Private Sunrise Tour: Sinai Mountain Climb and St Catherine Monastery from Cairo
$60.00*
Mount Sinai Climb and St Catherine Tour from Sharm el Sheikh
Melbourne, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Thanks be to God!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our adventure started at 2am with a night walk starting from Mt Catherine Monastery using torches. To be quite honest I booked this tour thinking it was the usual tourist site with steps leading up to the top of Mt Sinai. Little did I know that as we walked along the pebbled path, the track became narrower and very rocky!!! We stopped at different resting points where the Bedouins served tea and then to continue hiking along on this never-ending rocky path. I was concentrating so hard as I walked making sure that I wouldn't twist my ankle. Occasionally I would look up into the night sky and slowly the skyline was evident as sunrise was approaching. Upon sunrise we reached the summit and I saluted the sun with my Yoga pose to stretch my aching legs. The view was spectacular and I thanked God for making me reach this far with no ankle injuries. Visualising Moses and his people on this mountain really made me think of how harsh it was to live during the Biblical times. Yet civilisation continued on travelling through this harsh landscape. As day dawned, I was in awe of the views surrounding me and couldn't believe that I actually made it to the top walking previously in the dark using just torches. The adventure then continued hiking down the mountain sharing the rocky pathways with camels and my ankle at this point felt very weak and ready to twist. I wore proper hiking shoes with good grip, but I did find the path very harsh and it was the first time in my life that I ever undertook this type of a hike. I made it safely back to Mt Catherine's Monastery. This experience gave me the inspiration to walk around Petra in Jordan which I found very easy to climb and walk around compared to Mount Sinai. Thanks be to God!!

Visited April 2013

nicosia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“reaching God”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Journey up to the peak is tiring but worth it. Immediately you feel you are treading on Holy ground and you feel close to God. If you are religious this is definitely a must. But if your not I would still recommend it as the view, especially at sunrise or sunset is breathtaking.

If you cant make the trip on foot I would suggest to go by camel and then walk the last part.
Coming down is easy!

Another must is to visit Saint Catherine's church at bottom of the mount.

I would also suggest to take refreshments with you. Food could be a bit dodgy and toilet
facilities are very basic.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank lenaNicosia
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
194 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“Awesome & miraculous climb .......”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

It was an awesome and miraculous climb of Mt. Sinai for me as when I was back on the foot of Mt. Sinai my friends told me that I was so pale. It seemed that my lovely wife had noticed that on the top of Mt. Sinai, but she did not tell me for not discouraging me there to finish my mission to climb this "Moses Mountain" and back :-)

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Octovianus G
Rotherham, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Hard work but worth it!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Be warned this is a very hard climb to the summit, however it is well worth it, it's easily a 3 hour climb to the top of the mountain up over 2,000 meters but the view of the sunrise and the area is breathtaking, the route down takes a couple of hours too, although i would recommend taking the steps of penitence on the way down this is the quicker and cooler of the routes, make sure that you've got good footwear and are prepared for hard work beforehand but believe me it's worth it

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Simon D
Puylaurens
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Beautiful rocky desert”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was a trip back to biblical times, wonderful clean and clear air and jagged colourful desert scenery. A fantastic contrast to the bustling activity of Sharm.

Visited June 2013