Happy Life Village(Dahab)(Great Value!)
$35
$95
  • Pool
$118
$70
$168
$110
$96
The Bedouin Moon Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
$43
$39
$38
TripAdvisor
Daniela Village Dahab(Dahab)(Great Value!)
$39
$38
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $44/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 8, 2010

The hotel is well located just a short distance from where the Mt Sinai climb starts. Just as well that you have to get up early to climb the mountain - this was not an enjoyable place to sleep! Very hard beds, and worn sheets. No heating in the room - I asked for an extra blanket, but still needed to go to sleep fully clothed to keep warm.
The bathroom was smelly, and the shower not working properly.
The restaurant offered an acceptable selection of food, but it was very cold inside. Fellow diners had their meals in duvetjackets and woolen hats.....
So if you are staying here at winter time as part of your Mt Sinai visit - make sure to have enough clothes

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank abcnord
Reviewed November 27, 2009

If you can stomach the guady pink paintwork, the hotel is okay. The rooms are basic and we had no hot water for 3 nights, despite repeated requests for this to be fixed. However, the location is excellent for exploring the St Catherine's monestary and surrounding mountains. It is situated slightly outside St. Catherine's village, so walking to any of the restaurants in town isn't an option (not that there's much choice).

Food was served as a huge buffet, nothing special, but hygeine seemed to be good and noone in our group suffered any after effects from the salads served at breakfast and dinner.

The hotel has a huge swimming pool, although it's not heated. The water temperature was 11ºC, so bring a wetsuit if you need to use the pool.

Overall, the hotel is fine, although I'd probably stay in town next time. The Wadi Al Muquduss is marginally nicer.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank ramses2nd
Reviewed November 9, 2009

There are not that many choices of places to stay in the Mt Sinai, St Catherine area and this was good location. I found the room to be clean and the bedding was adequate. I did not see any bugs at all and did not have any holes and cracks anywhere in the room. After reading some of these reviews, I was about to bring my own sheets and sleep in my clothes. The food was good and there were plenty of choices. You just have to be careful what you eat. We were told not to eat any raw veges or fruits except for things like bananas and oranges. You could not drink the water either. They do not provide wash cloths and the towels are kind of thin, but I found that in most of the other hotels we stayed at. Two couples in our group had shower stalls with one side missing and we found that rather amusing. Another couple could not unlock the door to their room and the maintenance people had to go thru our room and go from our balcony to their balcony to gain access. They took awhile to fix it. These rooms do not have card keys, but regular keys and they only have one to a room. So, while I can't say that it is a wonderful hotel, I would stay again if I wanted to visit Mt. Sinai.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank PaLily
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed here in early October 2009 as part of an organised tour. I agree with most of the statements made by other reviewers. I was bitten by mosquitos several times during the couple of hours that we actually slept there before commencing the early morning ascent of Mt Sinai at 2 am, and the beds were uncomfortable - basically a thin mattress on a concrete slab.

The bathroom kept flooding as the showercurtain is basically useless and the bathroom floor was permanently wet - when we checked in it was wet and I thought that the toilet must be leaking but it is just water that never seems to evaporate from the floor.

The accommodation style was definitely very basic, although the buffet food served at the restaurant was quite pleasant with a wide variety of foods - that was definitely an upside.

There are gift shops in the hotel lobby which I thought are very reasonable with their prices! If you stay here, do check them out - very friendly shopkeepers hat don't hassle you.

We did not use the pool as it was too cold in October when we arrived to even think about swimming.

The hotel is a 5 min drive from the path leading up to Mt Sinai, and is surrounded by picturesque mountains.

If you stay here, take plenty of insect repellent and be aware that the rooms are very basic. There was one computer in the hotel lobby with internet access that you could pay for, which we did not use.

• Stayed: October 2009
2  Thank Expl0rergirl
Reviewed May 21, 2009

The location was great-perfect for access to Mt. Sinai. The views were fantastic...But stay away if you can! Upon arrival we found the overpowering scent of bug spray in our room. The ceiling had gaping holes in it and the bugs could fly in and out under our door! The bathroom floor needed a sump pump when you took a shower.
Over half of our group of 43 got sick after staying here. There were cats near and around the dining hall where we contracted some sort of parasite. If I ever go back I will take my own food, sleep on top of the bed and wait to take a shower at our next stop!

• Stayed: April 2009