“Eden on the Red Sea”

Nakhil Inn and Dream - Nuweiba
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Nuweiba
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Away from the red sea crowds, this lovely, friendly, homey little resort is the perfect treat if you are looking for a peaceful holiday.
Don't expect a 5 stars hotel, nor a speed and perfect service, not even a perfect cleanliness ( bathroom wasn't really that clean) but rather a sort of family away from home. Samer, the landlord, is a friendly and helpful host and I and my partner are really grateful to him and the character he gave to this place. The coral reef is also impressive and you can use the kayak of the Nakhill inn for free along with the rock shoes and masks for snorkelling.
The staff was also very nice, with limited english but really good and motivated people. The food was simple but very tasty and always fresh. I really recommend this place for its family like environment, the relaxation it transpires and the great people who run it.

Room Tip: We slept in a bungalow, the first to the beach, not in a room, and it was fantastic! We really like...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this resort as part of my GAP Adventure tour and my whole group was impressed. This is a very quiet area to relax and an alternative to the business and party of Sharm shalek. The owner is very charming and the real reason to stay. The cedarwood two story rooms are the best. The beach is very rocky, but is directly on a reef so it is great for snorkeling. You can also just swim with a life vest and water shoes. Also has great kayaking so great for sports enthusiasts, with a great beach volleyball set up. I liked the food very much and the large beach huts with sofas and pillows. It's well worth the taxi ride from the busier area to just chill for a while.

Merci Samur!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed in November 2012 for 4nights 5days.
When I called Samer(I think that is his name?) to make a reservation, he was very kind and he gave me the room as I requested. Thanks to Samer.

I asked Airport transfer from Sharm el shaikh, it was expensive because I was alone but if you share with your friends or family its reasonable I think. the driver was very nice.
It was very quiet and it rained a bit. I think Nuweiba is like that in winter .
I like quiet hotel so I was happy about that though. Also I did choose the quiet time to visit.

The view from the room was really nice, great view. I liked the view very much. The room was comfortable.
The only thing I did not like was that there were 2 dogs kept following me even to my room.

Breakfast was fine but for dinner there was not much choice. For example, they did not have catch of the day(fish) or Shish Tawook during my stay. I was looking forward to try catch of the day after reading some good review about it so that I was a bit disapointed. Maybe because it was low season ?
What I liked was carrot soup. It was quite tasty.
One evening I tried Shish kebab, but it was actually Kofta kebab not Shish kebab.
The staff at hotels were OK.

After reading many people writting about how Samer took them for snorkeling to see the garden, I was expecting (hoping) the same, but unfourtunately he was not there for all 5days when I was there.Some staff told me he was on holiday.

About snorkeling, There were 3or 4 buoys as I remember. It was about 100m to first 2 or 3buoys then to reach to the last one I think it was about another 100m or maybe more. I used life vest as I always do when I snorkel alone but I did not feel safe when I got to the last buoys because I could hardly see the beach from there, I mean too far from the beach.From this experience, I recomend you to wear life vest if you snorkel alone there.

Also water was cold, so I recomend you to go in the warmer seasons when it does not rain.
I could not find the famous garden, I think one needs a guide(or Samer) to take you there. I went there to see the garden so I was disapointed that I could not find it.

I asked the diving centre to take me to Ras Shaitan and another place which I cannot remember what the name was but it was also near Ras Shaitan. People at diving center were very nice.
Ras Shaitan was another disapointment for me. Corals looked breached. Maybe you also need a guide to snorkel with you to see the right places. I only asked Diving center for transfer.
The another spot near Ras Shaitan I went also was not very good , water was not clear at all. Maybe it might be different if you go in different season.

Over all, I recomend this hotel for people who like quiet relaxing beach . The view from the room I stayed was really good and the beach was really peaceful and quiet.
But for snorkeling, well I prefer not to say anything about it since I did not get to see the best part( I think ) .
I would like to try to go there in summer again to see the famous garden if I have a chance .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank worldtraveller1a
Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you think about Nuweiba...No other place to go but Nakhil Inn. Whatever you want, expect and wish you will find there.
An hotel is on the beach with a place to snorkel.
All activities and facilities are free of charge.
No other words can express how it was great and friendly there.
IT IS UNFORGETTABLE experience.
Definitely will come back.
The owner is always present for your help.
The hotel organize trips to Canyons, St Catherine, Castle Zaman in a very good price.
The party dinner is available upon request and it's really Super.

Room Tip: Bungalows are great. Even during cold weather, it's warm and has a great view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MoustaphaRamadan
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Never enjoyed in a place like this thanks for the staff <3 beach was really clean and comforting the kayak was really nice specially being for free the place felt like home friendly staff added alot for us for the rooms those made by wood added a lot in this experience the hotel owner was really nice helpful and helped us alot in planning our outings here BBQ night was perfect recommend chef was perfect .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2013

For sure is one of the best place I have never been. Me and my girlfriend were so lucky to stay one week completely alone without anybody else so we could appreciate more the hospitality of everybody, from Samer up to Ahmed, Mohammed, Gamil and all the others. The place has its own private beach, there is a wonderful coral reef far no more than 200 hundred meters and you could fall in love of this place once you get your dinner on the beach admiring the sky. The hotel provides the snorkeling equipment for free as well as some kayaks. Water temperature when we arrived was fresh, sometimes even hot, but never cold. If you want a calm and quite place where you are received as a friend, not just as a guest, this is the right place. Salaam 3alaikum ya shabaab min Italia!

Giovanni

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Nakhil inn is simply amazing. Despite our large number (group of 50), there was no difficulty serving us in any way. The food was great and served on time also both the bungalows and rooms had great views. The staff are quick and very helpful. You can find all sorts of enternainement there: kayaks, racket, volley, snorkling. Simply there is no getting bored in Nakhil inn.

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuweiba
Nuweiba Coral Resort
Sol Taba Red Sea
#14 of 22 in Taba
0 mi away
Swisscare Nuweiba Resort Hotel

Been to Nakhil Inn and Dream - Nuweiba? Share your experiences!