“Return trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ghannah Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nuweiba
Ghannah Lodge
Ranked #24 of 39 Specialty Lodging in Nuweiba
Ho Chi Minh City
“Return trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

I was last here in June 2009 for a week, this time, just a fleeting visit , I was determined to return, it felt so good to be back. A wonderful greeting from Heidi and Greta and how lucky that the lodge was not busy in the run-up to Christmas when they are fully booked.
I arrived in the evening in time for dinner, there were only 2 other guests, we sat down in the Bedouin tent with a charcoal fire (the evenings are really chilly) it was very relaxed with Greta and her family, also Heidi. The dinner was amazing, none of us could eat all that had been put on our plates. We laughed all evening. There was a childrens party, I had met some of the girls during my previous visit, they love these evenings and I don't know where they get the energy to dance all night. They are not shy at all, the boys and male staff also enjoy the music and dancing.

At the end of the evening I was so tired, but the night sky was so alluring I spent some time wrapped in my blanket outside my room watching the shooting stars. I can still see the image when I close my eyes. The morning brings different images, of mountains slowly appearing across the sea in Saudi Arabia, they change colour during the day as the sun comes up and goes down, I can sit and watch for hours.

The next day after breakfast I talked with some girls and women who had come to sell some souvenirs. There is a good system in place at the lodge that anyone is welcome to come and chat at any time with the visitors, but, they can only come to sell on the visitors final day, this avoids all the hassle you might get in other places, there is no pressure.

The snorkelling is not the best immediately in front of the lodge, but just a short drive away you can see more fish and better coral.

This is a lodge in a Bedouin village, do not expect plush surroundings, air-conditioning, 4 poster beds. The rooms are clean and adequate, there is plentiful hot water in the clean shower block, the toilets are clean.

I recommend this lodge for independent travellers who want to relax and unwind, visitors who want to get some insight into the life of the Bedouin people, use this place as a base for visits to the desert, the canyons, St Katherine's monastery, diving etc etc

I hope to return in February 2010. Inshallah!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Business
The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2009

It was 30 years ago I was in the Sinai dessert , saw meanwhile lots of beautiful places in the world but always remembered the Siani and the Red Sea as very special.My partner and I decided for a short brake to take a trip that direction.On the internet we did found Ghannah Lodge.The surroundings were as beautifull as I remembered.although lots changed in the aerea.Heidi and Greta of Ghannah Lodge did find the right spot for the lodging.An oase of quietness, stunning vieuws, and a very peacefull atmosphere.To stay there is an experience of being spoiled and being back to basic.A great mix.The food was every day a surprise, delicious.Showers and toilets clean, the rooms simple , but who needs luxery there..that's not were it is about! We made a trip to the Sinai, breathtaking, good guide.
Back home we dream of the place, we will return.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

My friends and I were so taken in by these other reviews. When we were picked up from the airport in Sharm and driven to Nuweiba the problems began. The driver did not speak english at all and was not willing to allow us to see Sharm or Dahab on the way. We called and spoke to Heidi who did not want us to stop in Dahab as she said lunch was ready. Well no lunch was ready on our arrival and we did stop in Dahab and realized we would have been much happier there. Ghannah Lodge is tired and run down. We were left just sitting for 45 minutes waiting for Greta to meet with us. As we looked around the gravel and saw what looked like small storeage sheds with tiny windows, no screens and weird padlocks we realized those were the rooms. The bathroom is across the gravel pit. There are 2 tiny thin mattress on the ground, a small hand towel......good luck! Mildew around the bottom of the plywood walls. Gee all of this for $60 each per night. The food was also terrible! The first night we arrived Greta expected us to sign up to pay over $100 each for a trip into the dessert. The guide who would have taken us stormed off twice when he didn't think he was going to get the deal. Meantime a dozen young children were expected to dance and entertain the guests until 10:30pm. We wanted to leave the next day and it was a showdown to get any of our money back. What a sham! Heartbreaking as we thought this 4 days would be the highlight of our trip.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank 2Mayto
Brussseks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

I promised Heidi that when I returned to UK I would write up a very bad review so no-one else would come and find my paradise. I chose to spend a week at the Lodge because I was in need of a peaceful and relaxing time - I could not have chosen better. The staff were very friendly, the Lodge was very clean and the food was always fresh and tasty. I slept out under the stars each night - heaven. I joined in the small English classes - fun. I snorkelled directly in front of the Lodge every day - a completely new world under the sea. I was very fortunate to attend two wedding parties, one in the village and one in the desert - a privilege.

The Lodge can arrange other trips/tours, maybe next time, this time I was so happy to sit and relax and recharge my batteries.

Thankyou Ghanna Lodge.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
leuven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2008

In the beginning of march I booked 1 week safari and 7 days in Ghannah Lodge. As-well the deserttrip as-well my stay in the lodge I would explain it as an incredable place. Everthing clean, very tasty food with the mix in one week of the egyptian style as the typical bedouin food. Back home you dream about it. I also went 1 week in the desert with a group and the belgian guides with the local bedouins. After one week we came in the lodge and I was imprest, its next to the beach, you can sleep underneed the miljon stars plus the milkway and enjoy relaxing. I am a worldwide traveller but the place gave me a warm feeling. If anybody wants some information you can go to http://nuweiba.wordpress.com and look in accomodation. Hopefully many people can enjoy their stay inside the paradise in the middle of the bedouin village.

• Liked — The hospetality of the belgium and bedouine team
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuweiba
Ciao Nuweiba Hotel
#12 of 23 in Taba
Fayrouz Beach Resort
Fayrouz Beach Resort
#11 of 39 in Nuweiba

Been to Ghannah Lodge? Share your experiences!