See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

It was a convenient option after arriving from Aqaba in the ferry at 5am. I guess this place is in a state the represents very well what egypt's tourism is going through right now. It's a pity, not many people are coming but there's endless potential. The staff is clearly making an effort here. There's not many people still working at the hotel, but they made me feel very welcome, even for a super short stay. This is a place truly surviving off of it's former glory, but there's enough for a decent stay.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2016

I enjoyed my trip only cause I was there with my friends and Sinai is beautiful, however the hotel is a nightmare
Bad food, they didn't even bother to fill the whole buffet and the rooms need improvements, They barely have a staff , pool side bar isn't working and they're not friendly.
This hotel is such a mess, I don't know how it got 4 stars.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2016

Until this place gets back up to speed - avoid! Six of us (including our guide) came to this place due to having to abandon previous plans because of rain. We rocked up feeling somewhat excited as we were used to living in pretty basic hotels and here we are at what looks like a 5 star monster hotel. 210 rooms, bar fridge in each room, private terrace, hair dryer included, 220v, Air condition, satellite tv and so on. Looks good on paper hey? But wait there is more: two huge swimming pools, private beach, children's pool, playground, kids club, beach bar and of course the mandatory pool bar. In the Resort there are two restaurants as well as 24 hour room service. And more. But - none of that exists!!!!
The rooms are indeed as pictured on their website but you can't smell a room on the internet. There was the most delightful smell in the foyer and in the rooms however, it didn't cover the smell of human excrement. Mine wasn't too bad but my travelling companions room was unbearable. The rooms are scrappy and tired with fixtures and fittings worn, broken and non functioning to the point of unsafe. (see all my photos).
Didn't use the pools as it was winter. They looked great and fairly clean although water level was low.
All those fantastic facilities listed above weren't available obviously and we didn't need them except a meal. However, a few of us went to the kitchen to check it out as we were told they'd make us a meal but all the cats running around made us suspicious. Sure enough, the kitchen was grose. I mean disgusting. Cats all over the benches and poop on bench tops. We refused to eat there and instead ate in a shanty restaurant in town where we could see the food cooked in front of us and was full of locals.
There is wifi in the foyer only and it worked well until all 6 of us logged on and it slowed down. But it was enough to appease us.
Breakfast the next morning we were sceptical however, the good news is that most of it was packaged which made us happy. They'd made a real effort to put some good food together and it was much appreciated. Considering there was 6 of us in a dining room for 100, we acknowledged their hard work.
Can say the place was quiet and it's obvious why.
Disabled facilities are available. ATM in the foyer, Wifi in the foyer.
Getting into Nuweiba cost us a bit of $'s. You could walk it but it's a good 40 minute walk. Once you get into town you'll see the port. This is a town built around the port but there isn't much there. If using the local supermarket beware they bump up the prices when they see a westerner.
I see that no one has written a review about this place for two years and I'm saddened that the conflict locally has kept tourists away because clearly this is why the place is rundown. But OMG surely it's not hard to make 4 rooms decent for one night.
But don't worry, all the other resorts are in the same position. This is a ghost town and it's unfortunate that Egypt has been dealt this blow due to conflict.

Room Tip: Inspect first as they aren't all as clean as each other
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled solo
2  Thank UrbanDrifter
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Accessebility of the hotel is bit boring & dissapointing. But its location in a spacious area & the main entrance gives a good impression for a newcomer. As The construction is done on a large space with rooms scattered in different blocks in resort like planning, there is no marking for these blocks for the guest to find his/her room for checking-in. the overall picture of the resort looks good with large lobby & spacious rooms. cleanliness has to be improved in the lobby, restaurant, passages, lobby toilette etc. In my experience Breakfast & dinner food spread & quality was substandard & needs improvement.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KiranBG69
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was in Elaria in April! I lie it so much,everything here more better that i thinking before. Food is good-different.Reception working good give us very good room sea view. Animation team very funny,make show programmes everyday!Volleyball.water polo and so on!Disco was everyday.We singing karaoke,smoke shisha-never forget this time!We really want to come back again in this hotel! Thanks for all who make our time in hotel wonderful!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple