“Glad to be home !”

Nuweiba Coral Resort
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Nuweiba
“Glad to be home !”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've just returned from this establishment and I wouldn't advise anybody to go there. I've been to Egypt before and previous trips have been wonderful and enjoyable. The Hilton Nuweiba didn't hit the mark. It certainly didn't live up to the way it's described on Hilton's website. There was only one restaurant open, which only offered 5 hot dishes including Rice, Chicken and Beef and only a small selection of Vegetables and if you're a vegetarian it's Game Over with only 4 salad bowls. Evening meals were simply left overs from Lunch time and themed nights provided the same food with the theme in front of it. As the al carte was shut there was no alternative. Entertainment was poor and the night club advertised was shut. The Kidz Club was shut most days and the animation, which was advertised didn't happen. The Hotel is kept really to a high standard but its staff and its all inclusive deal isn't the greatest. I would rate it as a 2 Star B&B in the middle of know where instead of a Hilton. STAY AWAY

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TravellingAlone5
Ashrafyounis, Assistant front office manager at Nuweiba Coral Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear guest,
I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spared to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Nuweiba Coral Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

For your kind information, your comments are of great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

I am sorry the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore I have discussed all your respective comments into details with our management team. Who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified.

please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Nuweiba Coral Resort in the soonest future.

Yours sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Have just returned from this hotel and holiday that for was just for a week (June 17th). Unfortunately had a delay from Gatwick so did not get to hotel until after 10 o'clock their time. So long day. Taba International Airport is misleading as it is just one building and only one passport controller working so can be lengthy wait. Trip to Hotel took about nearly two hours the roads are a challenge. On reaching hotel porters available to take luggage to rooms with brief tour of resort booking in also easy just one form to complete. Was only able to go into Blue Restaurant and they had still a good selection of food even so late. Next day breakfast in the same restaurant they are all very helpful. Samy is the main guy that deals with anything you require. But we also got lots of assistance from Ramzy (Head Chef) and George (Breakfast time) lovely pancakes. Only one restaurant open although you can have A'la Carte if you speak with Samy. My daughter and I had a lovely meal and very substantial. Ahmed (Towel Man on Beach) very very helpful. Would recommend having the massage on the beach but would suggest asking for the soft one as they are very strong. Went on 2 trips the first was snorkelling off sail boat at Waterworld would recommend this trip as very good and the crew and water guys lovely. Other trip was Quads the one from the guys on the beach and it was really good. And the safety element was top so don't have to go into Taba Heights (over 1 and half hours as apposed to 15 minutes). Also do the early morning as gets too hot after 10. This resort is for quiet time and not for the Disco queens - entertainment is low key. Wine is only available in the restaurant which is a shame and if you want cocktails you have to pay for these but only works out about £3-5. Also any named label also at a cost. But there beer and spirits were ok. The Grounds are kept beautiful and they are always working on them. This holiday was just what my daughter and I needed which was quiet and relaxing, but would have liked a bit more noise. Also the shops on resort don't have prices on anything as well as the airport.

Room Tip: Had a Superior Room but this takes away the option to have a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank caza321
Ashrafyounis, Assistant front desk manager at Nuweiba Coral Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

How always nice to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the service you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.

For your kind information, your comments are of great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Having paid very little for a week away I wasn't expecting much, but this hotel certainly didn't meet my expectations. The rooms need some love - they're clean but old. The bath and toilet were stained which made it feel dirty even when it wasn't. I can cope with a tired room though, you don't go on holiday to stay in your room all day. The main issue with this hotel is the restaurant. The service staff are very grumpy and unhelpful and the food is not of a Hilton standard. If you are a veggie or have any food intolerance you would certainly struggle with the buffet. For one dinner the only veggie option was the leftover pizza from lunch. Also, I never understand why hotels try to offer theme nights that they cannot deliver on. 'Italian night' consisted of poor pizza and stodgy pasta that really had no taste. I am not a fussy eater at all but many days I skipped lunch all together and had a lot of bread at dinner to fill me up. The chefs should stick to simple but tasty food they know how to deliver. The chefs and restaurant manager were pleasant but that doesn't make up for the poor food.

If you're planning to stay at this hotel you should be aware of the following:

- You're in the middle of nowhere. There is no chance of just walking to the local restaurants for a bit of variety. I personally would recommend you stay in Taba Heights, even if you have to spend a bit more money to do so.

- The all inclusive isn't up to standard. The beach bar only serves beer, water and softs. The softs are poured into small plastic glasses from large bottles and more often than not are flat. The ice cream served from the beach bar really isn't nice. Wine is only served with dinner.

- The beach is very nice but needs cleaning more regularly. Despite ashtrays being available many of the guests choose to leave their cigarette butts in the sand, so under the umbrellas it's pretty dirty. You will also get hassled on a daily basis by the water sports team and the massage team. They're nice but it did annoy me when I was enjoying my book or having a nap and was regularly interrupted.

- I would not recommend the 'Cleopatra' massage offered by Sam. This is not done on the beach and the massage room is horrible. Really run down, strip light above the bed that is left on and you can hear the security guards outside laughing and talking. You get rubbed with an exfoliant that has the consistency of rice pudding and then get told to shower in a dirty shower - when I went in to shower the toilet had been left unflushed and the room stank of urine. Not really a relaxing setting. Also, I had every bone in my body clicked and was manoeuvred into some very painful positions. When I told her it hurt and I would like her to stop she just laughed and pushed on with it. I actually left feeling worse then when I arrived.

- Don't expect Hilton standard of rooms and be prepared to live with noisy air conditioning.

- A trip to Petra is highly recommended. When in the port stop in to Cafe Spritz - the owner is lovely and her sandwiches are brilliant (the best dinner we had there)

- There is no dive school in the hotel anymore. Many of the local dive schools weren't taking the boats out when we were there because there wasn't enough interest. I gather from another couple that were staying in the hotel that many of the shore dives offered by these schools are good. We chose to go into Taba Heights for the day though and took a boat out with Water World.

I'm not sure this hotel deserves the many 5 star reviews it has received. We had a good week but that was everything to do with it being a week away from work in the sun and very little to do with the hotel we were staying in!

1 Thank Gonza88
Ashrafyounis, Assistatant front desk manager at Nuweiba Coral Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have booked this hotel as part of an all inclusive package managed by Longwood.
I have paid a ridiculous price for it and i had no expectation and i was actually suspicious how this price can be realistic, but the Hilton name made me choose it.
Now , if you are used to Hilton standard and book this hotel, please don't bring your expectation as we are far away.
Let's start from the positive:
the price was a bargain
The room were clean
The beach and sea are amazing
Gardens well kept
Reception staff helpful

Negatives.

Food, i hate to be repetitive but for that price i had no expectation, but the food was tasteless and not necessarily well cooked. I would have been happy to pay more for something better.
Also the hotel only offer one choice of food therefore if you are not happy with it can get really tough as there are not other restaurants around the area.

The all inclusive consist in drinks served in plastic glasses, you were not allowed a can of soda but everything by the bottle therefore if you get a new bottle no drama, otherwise you'll get a glass of flat drink.
No room service (Hilton?) no minibar (Hilton).

The room decor was pretty tired, clean but tired, especially the bathroom.
I was kindly upgraded to a bungalow which was of great size thank you!.
The other cons is the aircon in the room as the actual unit is inside the room you will need to get used to the noise as you can't sleep without it.

The beds on the beach and the parasol were quite old and rusty, it looks like they never changed it since the opening, but the worse were the beach towel very old and ruined.

The dining room staff quite poor, the manager apparently was the only one speaking, in the morning for breakfast (every single day) the same water approaching the table not a smile not a "good Morning" not a "hello" just "tea or coffee?" poor the drink and fly away... same situation for dinner and lunch, maybe we did something wrong to him... not sure...

At the bar same story, bar tenders not greeting just pooring the drink in plastic cups and that's it.

I believe there is a lack of attention from the high management as the resort itself have some great potential and probably it is suffering from the low level of occupancy which do not allow the to invest into the property.

Conclusion:
if i had paid even £50 pound more i would have left a bad review on this hotel, but i can really complaint since i have paid £500 for a week as a Travelzoo deal.

I hope the management will make treasure of this comment and will make some small changes to address basic issues from which you do not need lots of money.

Train your staff properly (attitude wins always)
Less option at buffet but well cooked
Transform the unused disco into a a la carte menu or pizzeria ( out of the all inclusive) give some option.

Also travellers remember you re in Nuweiba not in Taba therefore not much around you and to reach taba heights you will need 45 mins taxi ride.

For a very cheap holiday i guess is fine

1 Thank Daniele B

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a lovely week's stay at the Taba resort. The beach and pool were lovely. However, there were very few guest and so was a nice quiet stay. As a result the other 2 restaurants were closed which was a real shame, as the buffet menu got very samey! Only issue was that wine was not served in the bar only the restaurant at lunch and dinner.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ashrafyounis, Assistant front office manager at Nuweiba Coral Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear guest
It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.
It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned. For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Nuweiba, Egypt
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful week here and will return. Hotel and staff were all very friendly with a lovely pool and private beach. Never encounted a single problem on our travel to and from the hotel or with the hotel itself. If you want a relaxing stay without hassle then this is where to stay. We met several couples who have returned to this hotel many times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ashrafyounis, Asistant front office manager at Nuweiba Coral Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2013

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had an excellent all round holiday, the hotel staff, grounds , food and rooms are very good, Waseem & Samy were very friendly, this was our 2nd trip to this hotel... just a real pity that the on site dive centre is no longer in operation... one of the reasons for our return, what a shame as fantastic house reef and pity the Abou Lou Lou restaurant closed. Entertainment was very good, from wirling dervishes to belly dancers ... just enough.... good time had by all .

Room Tip: Beach Bungalows are Excellent
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ashrafyounis, Assistant front office manager at Nuweiba Coral Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest