See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 18, 2015

This also one of the hotels I stayed during my pilgrimage with my mom.
We were on our way to Sinai when we stayed here on the way, the view from the back of the hotel is great, you can walk it down to the red sea.
I was super excited as it is the first time I saw the red sea.
The breakfast provided by the hotel was great, staff was very courteous and polite.
I am beginning to like Egyptian people more and more!
I have taken tons of photos, but posting only a few..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Binoj_Antony
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've read the reviews on here and must say that I had a wonderful experience. If you don't have a lot of money and like being isolated in a very tranquil part of Nuweiba, this is a good place. The sandy beach is mixed with beautiful rippling sandstone & the view across the Gulf of Aquaba to Arabia is just breathtaking and mesmerizing!!!
What really sold me on this hotel was the warm Egyptian hospitality and lack of many other guests . . . I just like it peaceful . . . my hotel room was more than adequate and the pool and swim-up bar are far better (and larger) than the photos showcase.
Staying here I felt like I was in the authentic Egypt in a way that just wasn't captured at some of the nicer (and far, far more expensive) resorts. Yes, the paint out front is a little cheesy but I loved how you could walk out front and there might be a local in his beat-up pickup truck & checkered rag (sorry, I don't know what they are called) waiting to pick up a friend who is going off shift. There is lots of sand out front & it's basically a bit of a ghost town if you walk down the road, but I considered that a plus.
I liked the breakfasts and dinners . . . and yes, birds do fly in and sample the bread, but I found this to happen at the five star hotels in Nuweiba, as well as up in Taba. There's lots of fresh bread that was left untouched. It was nice to just take breakfast at a leisurely pace, writing in my journal and then later walking down to the little beduin shack and having some tea, and even going in the water with one of the local Egyptians for a swim.
If it sounds relaxing, it's because it was . . . this is a "has been" part of town but it has an access to the culture that the more expensive places miss out on. The Egyptians who work there are way more laid back and interacted with me a lot more.
I even made a good friend named Hesham and visited him in his hometown a couple of years later & stayed at his house for a number of days.
Yes, the Regina is no five star or even four star hotel but it had such a warmth about it that I made sure to revisit when I passed through town two years later.
So if you like everything top of the line, look elsewhere. If you are craving tranquility, peace, and a break from the party scene, I would heartily recommend the Regina.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We arrived late in to the hotel the reception staff were friendly and showed us to our rooms we went for some food and the restaurant was clean and tidy but that was it the food was discussing always the same food every day for 2 weeks. The rooms where clean and tidy and everything worked ok. The staff were fault less and the pool was clean for the first week but then after this is was disgusting didn't clean it for the last 7 days we were there and everyone in the family had a stomach bug from the food because of the amount of flues that were in the restaurant there is a reason this hotel is at the bottom because it should be because I would never go back there even if they paid me

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Davebettinson
Reviewed May 18, 2012

i was in Regina Resort Nuweiba , our stay was great -staff was so friendly and was helping us all the time - swimming pool was so nice and clean- food also is nice - beach is sandy - the music in disco was wonderful - i recommend this hotel and i think will back again to this hotel

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 298536Marina1974
Reviewed December 27, 2011

it was so terrible. the room was terrible although it was the best they showed us, the other rooms was a horror movie, the room was dirty, many cockroaches and mosquitoes, bathroom was smelly and the bathtub was blocked. bad room service, and the kitchen closes early, so if u don't eat before that u will starve. not many options on TV. the beach is dirty and not safe. the restaurant was dirty and full of flies, and the food was bad. So don't even think about this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE resort

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple