I visited makadi palace in 2012 and have just come back from there a few days ago. As you can see from my previous review i gave 5 stars and had a fantastic time. This time was not as good if im honest....
1. I emailed in advance requesting the same room, which i did not get, instead the room we had had a view of the piano bar roof. We asked to change and were told to go to reception the next day in the morning. The next morning reception told us to come back at 10pm. By this time i wanted to just unpack and get comfortable and start enjoying my holiday so we remained in that room.
2. There was a problem with the drains (we guess thats why the melange resteraunt was closed the whole holiday) so most days our room smelt like sewage...it was worse when we had been out all day then came in and got hit with it as we walked in.
3. The reason why I go to Hurghada and NOT sharm el sheik is because i prefer a quieter more relaxed holiday (sharm is more activities and doing things, parties etc).
Makadi Palace please do not try to be like sharm!!! The club music blaring out at the pool side is not relaxing, i understand you want to add these unecessary water aerobics and zumba but the music blaring all day and being forced to listen to the same CD all holiday is frustrating.
Also the beach party......strobe lights?? on holiday no thanks......it was a full moon and romantic perfect for a beach walk but ruined by tecnho house club music. Im 25 and even I didnt get it.
If i wanted all that I would have gone to sharm.
4. me and my partner booked a facial, head massage, threading and he included shaving for £80. When we got in the 'area' (basically a porta cabin) to do it it was tiny and cramped full of other people....relaxing facial and massage? forget it everyone is talking people are coming in and out it is chaos. I didnt get a masaage for some reason and chose not to have the threading/shaving, the cream on my face started burning and we were in there for about 15minutes. WASTE OF MONEY!!! if you want a treatment get the full body massage we both had that for the same price and got a 45 minute quiet relaxing massage. Just beware when booking treatments where it is done and exactly what you get.
On my birthday I wanted to book the special private balcony dinner which i had wanted the preivous holiday but there was a mistake and couldnt have it as it was our last day. The reception staff did not have a clue what i was talking about and it was by chance i decided to ask Anna at customer relations. THANK YOU ANNA!! if you want anything sorted go to anna she is so helpful and gets things done!
On a more positive note the staff are amazing yet again they make the holiday worthwhile.......the balcony dinner was unforgettable were were treated like royalty so thanks again Anna, the manager and our personal waiter Amen who works in the botanical garden.
Thank you to the staff at the thai garden and tam tam resteraunt. Also Hammed who was at the dome but normally at the melange......he got me a gift for my birthday!!! And Anthony at the shop.
Even though we had some downsides ALL the staff and service made up for it which is why we will return, just fingers crossed makadi bay does not ruin itself by trying to be like sharm el sheik.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Makadi Palace Hotel is set in lush gardens famed for their beauty, and offers the perfect space to relax unwind and enjoy a well-earned break. Tranquil surroundings, attentive staff, an extensive choice of à la carte dining – both on-site and at the Makadi Mall – as well a stunning beach and a wide choice of sports facilities at the Makadi Sports Centre ensures guests will be reluctant to stray far from their holiday home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Makadi Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makadi Palace Hotel Makadi Bay
- Makadi Palace Bay
- Makadi Palace Egypt