“relaxing week at very good beach hotel with excellent snorkeling”

SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Bolton, United Kingdom
“relaxing week at very good beach hotel with excellent snorkeling”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel ticks the boxes for a wide variety of people and nationalities.It is right on a very nice private sandy beach with sun loungers and towels provided free.The snorkeling is good right in front of the hotel, though the coral is at a depth perhaps 12 foot.If you go to the left of the hotel there is coral in very shallow water. The fish are amazing. If you prefer the pool you will not be disappointed as there are 5 pools of which 2 are heated.There are lots sunbeds and a towel kiosk.You do not have far to go for food and drink.Bottles of water are also provided from a help yourself fridge.The rooms whilst a bit worn are spotlessly clean.We found the beds very comfortable.There is free safe, tea making tray (ask reception if this is missing) a TV with a few english channels. In the bathroom a good hairdrier, lots of towels and the usual supply of soap shampoo etc. The food was very good, you could eat in the self serve or at 5 ala-carte restaurants.It is a matter of taste which you prefer.Whilst the food is free everywhere they will invite you to purchase a bottle of expensive wine in the alacarte.The wine and beer etc in the all inclusive is avaliable everywhere and we thought it was ok.All the staff where fantastic the animation team worked day and night and would also come and chat to check if you had any problems( which they would sort out for you).Special mention for natalie- so nice and helpful .If you want a nice relaxing sunshine break not too far away then this hotel is one to consider.It amazing value for money.

Room Tip: Blocks 11 to 19 are near to most of the facilities
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barry M
royalmakadi, Guest Relations Manager at SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Mr. Barry,

The SUNRISE Royal Makadi Team thanks you very much for these wonderful compliments.

We are very pleased that we could meet your expectations and proud of your comments!

We wish you a lovely time back at home and are looking forward to welcoming you at SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort soon again!

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,149)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I donot know from where to start!! I stayed with my friends from 29th jan to 2nd jan, I really wished to stay longer. Anyways, we were amazed by the wide variety of food which was delicious in every possible way and suites many cultures. Also,the great facilities there starting with swimming pools ,gym , spa and restaurants serving Mexican and Italian food.
Most importantly ,the kind hearted staff starting with chefs ,waiters and room service. Always at your service with a great smile, if you faced any problem always there to help and give a hand...
I really enjoyed the crystal blue water , parasailing ,snorkeling and watching the colourful fish..
Last but not least, the hardworking animation team..you never feel bored or lonely in their presence. I really enjoyed how different they are in such a beautiful way. Special thanks to natalie, marley,momo and ghazal...
Mahinour Mobasher
Egypt ,Cairo

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Mahinour Mobasher,

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

This holiday was amazing....we have been in egypt second time and first tie here in this hotel...the first feelings here really like at home. our room was every day clean, every day water in the mini bar . Food in the main restaurant was not for 100 % but in alla carte restaurant it was amazing. especially in the Asian restaurant. we stayed here 10 days and every day animation program was amazing....streching, joga, belly dance and water gym....especially big thanks to DJ Zidan who make our holiday special and thank you for CD:) your music is amazing, Silvia big thanks for streching with you and zumba, it was really amazing dance with you every day:) you are good person:), and the rest of the members which i dont remember their names i have to say just ne word. Brilliant:)) Thanks for amazing holiday , i will be back:)

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Denisa M

dorset
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Have just got back from our second stay at the Sunrise Royal Makadi and what a great holiday it was. The hotel is lovely, as are all the staff. Nothing is too much trouble.
The food is excellent and the choice is widely varied thanks to the many A la carte restaurants, with no restrictions on how many times they can be used per stay.
The animation team were excellent. Very friendly and hard working, especially Natalie and Anjelika.
The hotel is very well maintained and staff are constantly working to maintain its standards to the highest quality.
I am very sad to be back home in wet and windy Britain, and cannot wait to return to hot and sunny Egypt.
I would defiantly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a good quality hotel in Egypt

Room Tip: Blocks 16,17 or 18 are a good central spot, but I would suggest a first floor room. The are only 2 s...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank DorsetKit

Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

1st stay at this hotel and we were amazed! The general atmosphere of the hotel was brilliant and the friendliness of all staff was so welcoming! The room we stayed in was a fantastic size and gave us plenty of room plus more! The food was great particularly in the al la carte restaurants! Evenings were great with fantastic fun entertainment from the animation team :) Would like to thank all staff at the hotel that made our stay so memorable and enjoyable! We will be back as soon as we can for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Rhiannon L

Boryspil, Ukraine
Reviewed February 1, 2014

There are green neat area with flowers and a lot of palms, 2 warm swimming pools, restaurants with various cuisine, and bars. Buffet breakfast in main or mexican restaurants, lunches and dinners were so plentiful yummy, nice served. Thank to the professional cooks! All staff are very attentive. My husbend and I had honeymoon, our room number was 1617 with balcony, older than in 10 corpus, but near with swimminf pools, bar, restaurants and reception, comfortable and we had fruit basket as a perent)
Animation team made our rest so interesting and fun! Thanks them all (especially Carem, Marley, Cojo) for all games and activity! We eat a lot of taste dishes and animators helped us save figure and get many pleasant experiences! Yoga, aqua aerobica and archery were favorites. Almost every evening we saw intertaiment show.
we also saw beautiful fishes in the sea near with the hotel beach.
I want back there one more time)

Room Tip: chose older rooms, but near with swimming pools, reception, bar and restaurants. try all restaurant...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Maria,

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Actually I don’t know what to say. When I’m thinking about Sunrise Royal Makadi now, it’s breaking my heart that I can’t be there.
When you first come through the gate, you can already feel the peace and calm which is coming from this place. Everybody there welcome you like you become a part of their big Sunrise family. With their “Welcome home” you can be sure it’s starting one of your best holidays ever.
First of all, you might be a little bit shocked, how big the resort is. But when you think about it for a minute, you can realize that it’s a good thing. When you started to be bored on one place you can just move to another one. Seriously I count it and I think there is 8 pools (counted all of them even the really small once) and 6 of them are heated. So you can just choose. If you like little bit quieter area, Family pool 2 will be your favorite (my favorite also), it is also the only one heated with a pool bar. If you like to be near to main restaurant or Pergola bar with drinks and snacks you can choose Main pool with two smaller heated pools – sport pool and one with slide. If you are not satisfied with pools, there is always the beach! What a lovely place! So clean sand, and the entry to the sea wonderful. You can still stand on sand in a sea even far away from the beach. Sunbeds with parasol and wind breakers are excellent. Just if you want be in a first line, you have to wake up a little bit earlier ;)
What about food. I really can’t say anything bad! Thousands of choices! Outstanding a la carte restaurants for dinners, pergola snacks if you have just small hunger, main restaurant and Mexican for breakfast, Main restaurant for lunch with really many many choices. I think everybody can pick something and if you start to be bored you can always try something new, because the food is changing every day. So Bon apetit everyone! :)
Room was really nice and totally enough for anything what you need. But I have to say, I came to spend my holiday on a sun, not in a room :) but housekeeping is doing excellent job and the towel art is so nice!
The staff is brilliant, so friendly, polite, smilling all the time! From waiters, bartenders, housekeepers, gardeners till managers and chefs.
But now, finally the most important thing you have to know! The heart and the soul of this hotel is definitely the fabulous ANIMATION TEAM! I know for 100% that if these guys are not there, the hotel will be just common one. But these boys and girls working all the time, day and night, on the sun, with smile, with such a polite attitude. Nobody is pushy EVER! If you put yourself in their hands, I promise you, you will never want to go home. I just have to say few names because if somebody deserves to be mentioned, it’s them.
First of all:
The BOSS Osama  I really have to congratulate him, because it is not an easy thing get together this outstanding group of people. And also I have to say big thank you, because without a great leader it will never work how it should. So Osama – I think you are definitely the best chief of the best animation team and please appreciate the people how you have behind you, because they doing a great job and they will do anything for you! So be good on them, even I know sometimes it’s not easy :) and they will share the good with everybody else! You are an awesome dancer and entertainer, so never lose your magic and keep doing as well as you do now.
Ladies first:
Angi-Angelika->such a sweetheart! Really helpful, anything what you possible need, she is always here to help. Lovely chat everytime! Know a lot about life and have a sober look on it! Really cheer for you honey! Hope you will get everything what you want in life.
Lena-Elena->if I should say one word, I will say energy! It’s just coming for her, shinning for her! Hyperactive and a lot of fun all the time. Don’t forget join her for belly dance course! But for sure I have to mention her AMAZING voice like an angel (already told all my friends about it!) and also her excellent dancing! Just perfectly talented girl!
Silvia-Silvushka->another really helpful person! From beginning till the end she was there for me and helps with every small detail. Especially on first day she helped me with orientation and we became really good friends I hope! Zumba zumbaaa only with Silvuuush!
Dashka-> oh, what a cute a nice girl! But don’t get confused she is a powerful person, if you start to laugh with her, you might never stop! Her English is better and better every day! Really trying hard a she is unforgettable part of the team! Little bomb, haha :)
Natalie-Nat->the only English girl in a team. Sweet and very polite. Also very helpful, I you feeling like nobody understand you, you can always come to Natalie and she will do everything what she can. She is also one of the first people who you will see when you arrived, that’s so nice!
Guys take care of these girls! They are flowers in your team! :)
John->He is the DANCER. I really really admire him how he can remember all the dances and how he is easily dealing with dancing all of them in one show with a power and enthusiasm! Seriously on big applause for him! Amazing dancer and also entertainer!
Kareem->such a brother! If you will do anything with him, it will be fun! Sooo competitive, haha. But also very kind and caring! Kareem will really make you feel like you are part of the family.
Ghazal->that’s the rock star! :) Don’t missed him playing on guitar, cuz it’s amaziiing! It’s not possible don’t fall for his music. He is so talented and still so humble. Always ready for nice chat and answer anything with that big big smile!
Momo->he is my little brother! Always so nice and so happy! He is a little devil with a lot of energy! But inside he such an amazing person and nobody should missed to meet him. You will get unforgettable moments and friend for life!
Zidan->mr. DJ! Never get tired! He is running around resort and playing music everywhere and he still have power having fun and entertain people. Amazing job!
Mezo->comedian from heart! Haha, such an amazing entertainer! You can just look at him and u will laugh because for sure he will do one of his million funny crazy faces! He is wonderful friend also and he will try to solve anything for you.
Meda->crazy funny! Around him you will never get bored. Don’t forget to join him on stretching in a morning! Perfect start of the day.
Jamaica->oh, the cutest one! Seriously he is like a puppy; you just want to take care of him. Such a good boy in a heart, I hope nobody will ever destroy his personality, cuz if someone will I will find you! :)
Marley->the best on the end. Here I’m staying speechless for a sec. It’s because this guys is really something. You will never guess that u can meet somebody lovely like this in animation team. So smart and bright. So sweet, kind and full of positive energy. His smile will bring you in a better mood in a sec. Join him for water gym to see what dictator mean, haha. He is such an amazing person that you will hope that you will be lucky enough to have somebody like this in your life forever.
I have to say the BIGEST THANK YOU guys that you made for me such an amazing time! I can’t wait to be back. Say HI from me to Coco, shame that she was not there! Next time ;)
Take care and see you soon,
Hannah

Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa
Jaz Aquaviva Resort
Jaz Aquaviva Resort
#2 of 30 in Makadi Bay

Been to SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort? Share your experiences!