This hotel is huge and has a nice location.
In all inclusive you have food and drinks, beach towels, indoor pool and fitness gym and 1 entry in the aquapark in front of hotel.
But when you will reserve the room an pay +50 euros/person for a room with direct seaview you will not have it. You can see the sea behind the palmas if you are lucky and thats all.We had all inclusive but the food in the main restaurant is not so good. Almost every vegetable and meat is just mixed in some sort of goulash with sauce.Not only grilled vegetable or meat.Not even the good choice of bread or baguettes.If you want to have something not sweet for breakfast the best choice is the fresh pita made by an old woman.For a lunch I strongly recommand you the La Caravane restaurant on the beach where you have french fries and ketchup and good kari rice and fish and another meat sometimes...Anyway the arabic people in this hotel are prefered and will always have something that you even cant ask the cook(even if you point finger on it, he will offer you only the things of buffet not the things behind his back:)There are also a lot of russian people who will just drink all day and don t speak another language.
On the beach you will exchange two cards from reception by the two towels but be careful and don t leave towels during the lunch on the beach.The hotel guys will take the seats and also the towels:)
The beach is really nice, with sand and if you want to see some little coral you can just go more far to the boats on the right.Please be careful in the water, we saw also the raya not so far from the beach but the water is really clean so you will see it.
On the beach you can borrow electric bicycles but you can not go with them by the beach promenade(the guy will tell you everything you want but it s not true:) so it is giid when you want to go see the two main streets of makadi and have a look on restaurants and shops.
On the beach they will offer you henna tattoo, beauty salon and masages with spa, quad safari (attention there are 3: 2 hours, safari for families with camel and horse ride and egyptian dance and belly dance and terarium and than super safari when you go longer by quand to see beduins and sunset), boat trips with snorkle or dive(if you want to see the dolhpins I recommand you to go to Dolphin world or Dolphin House).For safari I recommend you the Alex Safari based in El Gouna(if you contact him by internet you can agree that they will take you from Makadi).
The cleaning service was really perfect.In the rooms you just have to accept that your arabic neighbours will turn on their music really loud and their children will play futball inside the hotel corridors.
For the shops in Makadi Bay I can recommand one little shop, when you are face to face to hotel Saraya you go to the right up the street and than to the left direction to all little shops (another direction than Soukh Makadi) and the first little shop with a nice guy in the optic glasses named Mohamoud Nor is the best for you. You will not have to negotiate a lot the price and he will give you the best prices of all Makadi.He will also advice you about Alex Safari.
The shops in Hotel are not the good ones, for the wooden statues just avoid the guy with no hair, he is really angry if you don t buy his expensive things. For scarfs (arafat and another) you will buy the best in the airport in the shops but only on the way back to home:)
If you are travelling with FTI Reisen their delegate will ignore your meeting and you all the time,he will not come to hotel and when you will try to call to the agency they are not speaking any other language than arabic so the receptionist will have to translate and is not so nice with this.
The personel of hotel in restaurants and on the beach is really nice, not the personel on the reception. They will not give you the information about all inclusive, hotel or anything: you have to ask and even than its goings really hard.
The whole Makadi bay is good for the people who like to stay in Resort, for us it was enough for 7 days but it should be nice in another hotel.
In january the weather is nice, you can sunbath and swim until 16:00, than you have cold a little bit. In the evenings it s good to have not only T shirt and shorts..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Egypt's spectacular Red Sea coast, TIA Height's large resort is ideally situated on a stretch of sandy beach in Makadi Bay. The hotel faces the magical waters of Egypt's Red Sea, nestled between desert dunes and breathtaking mountain ranges. The bay provides a superb location for scuba-diving and snorkeling. Built over 250,000 square metres (in a total surrounding area of one million square metres of land), this five star resort boasts an international standard Aqua Park, a 6,400 square metre swimming pool that is considered the largest pool in the Middle East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Tia Heights Makadi Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tia Heights Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Hurghada Le Meridien
- Meridien Makadi Bay
- Le Meridien Makadi Bay Hurghada