stayed at the tia on the 8th of july for two weeks. read reviews about lots of rude russians but iam glad it didnt put me off. hotel was spacious lots of restaurants to choose from, although the jasmine restaurant up stairs we liked the best.food was great always a variety. and the desserts were lovely. plenty of fresh fruit. we tipped little and often and got great service. the guys all work really hard. hotel room was very spacious. we were in 4004 which is near the main building so didnt have far to walk to the main hotel. room was cleaned every day with nice little touches a bear swan flower and crocodile made from the bath towels! beach was great always sunbeds although the beds at the front go quick. lovely breeze every day which was a blessing with the heat... snorkling was good you need beach shoes as there were a lot of sea urchins. beach bar was good drinks cups were very small so you needed to get a few to take back to your sunbed. again tip little and often and they will bring your drinks to you. gardens around the hotel are lovely and are always kept clean. must mention mr hasham the duty manager very warm and friendly man who always said hello to us. entertainment was ok but got a bit repetative. julia from the animation team was lovely. always had a big smile and very chatty. went on a trip in the dessert great day out. rode horses and camels although you dont get long. quad bikes were great fun and the go karts. we teamed up with to polish men and had great fun. brownie the guy in charge likes to soak you with water so beware!!! all in all had a great holiday and would go back there even with lots of russians..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Egypt's spectacular Red Sea coast, TIA Height's large resort is ideally situated on a stretch of sandy beach in Makadi Bay. The hotel faces the magical waters of Egypt's Red Sea, nestled between desert dunes and breathtaking mountain ranges. The bay provides a superb location for scuba-diving and snorkeling. Built over 250,000 square metres (in a total surrounding area of one million square metres of land), this five star resort boasts an international standard Aqua Park, a 6,400 square metre swimming pool that is considered the largest pool in the Middle East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tia Heights Makadi Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tia Heights Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Hurghada Le Meridien
- Meridien Makadi Bay
- Le Meridien Makadi Bay Hurghada