“A Good Hotel to spend your vacation”

Tia Heights Makadi Bay
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
“A Good Hotel to spend your vacation”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have spent 7 days in the hotel as part of my vacation, my overall satisfaction is good in average. I will try to add more details so that you can judge.
First of all you have to try the Aqua park, so get the aqua park package it is Awesome, you have to try the white slide, you will get 2 food ticket on the entry to replace them during lunch break, menu contain Burger, Tuna, Cheese and Hotdog sandwich and Pizza, you can get tow of any + drinks.
The Bathroom are plenty (in every building) and clean, the water is very cold this time of the year (1Q) the kids pool is partially heated and nice. so my rating for the Aqua park is very good.

For the hotel is another story:
Rooms: Good: Spacious and clean
Bad: old furniture (the door security metal fall and one of the lights was not working)
Ugly: Closing the room door was a nightmare is have to be crushed to close, lot of noise waking up anybody in the same floor

Food: Good: The overall food quality is good and the menu change in daily basis, so you will be surprised, the food is plenty and with the all inclusive package you need not to worry about eating, the Alaadin beach restaurant is far more better than the indoor restaurant.
Bad: The smell of the indoor restaurant is bad, when entering you feel like not want to eat here, also the sweats variety is very limited and boring.

Beach: The beach is very good, there are a lot of activities to do, there is a diving center nearby, I tried the "seascope" submarine and I do not recommend it at all very boring and little fish, the kids did not enjoy at all.

Health Club: Good: Indoor heated swimming pool is a very nice option in this time of the year, the GYM was average need to be renewed a lot you can do most of your workout there.
Bad: the bathrooms and shower was very bad, smelly and not clean.

The lobby: Good place to hangout for a while drinking juice or hot drink the staff is friendly and very helpful while the bathrooms need to be cleaned more regularly.

Summary: The hotel is good in overall and the aqua park is very good, the staff is friendly and my stay was pleasant except for one thing, I forgot my DSLR on the beach and did found it, also lost my kids precious ball too, so you have to keep a close eye on your things.

One last thing if you do not like the company of Russians do not go there, I did not face trouble with them but the place is full with Russians .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank agouz
Hesham D, General Manager at Tia Heights Makadi Bay, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Greetings, first of all I thank you for the feedback. very good points you have mentioned in your review however I am totally disappointed on rating the hotel in such ratings knowing that you have seen the renovation process and you have also stated that you Food and Room is very good. I really have to ask why you have rated the hotel that low?
Kindly, reconsider evaluating your rating to match the wonderful things you have written about our hotel.
I do appreciate your business and we are always looking forward to see you again with the family
I have personally talked to your family and certainly we will see you again!!
Have a super fantastic day from our sunny beach and fun Aqua park !!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here over New Year and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. After (almost) perfect 7 days at Tia Heights we really don't understand where all bad reviews come from? I know it is all about what one expects but after many holidays in Egypt, both me and my wife consider this hotel to be one of the best. The hotel and grounds are situated about 30 min away from the airport and about 45 min from Hurghada. Our room in the main building (3020) was nice and comfy with pleasant pool view, cleaned daily with fresh towels and daily supply of bottled water, also very close to restaurants and beach. On our arrival were also given few bottles of fizzy drink to go to our mini bar free of charge (thank you - they made perfect mixers for our duty free spirits :) ) Hotel's complex is HUGE !!! It took us almost an hour to tour everything. The gardens are immaculate, real pleasure to walk through and in the evening nicely illuminated. Aqua Park is perfect for families with kids. Later on we walked along the beach looking at the other hotels in the area and comparing facilities, we definitely preferred our hotel. Swimming pools were really lovely but unfortunately not heated and water was too cold to swim so we spend most of our time on the beach. We had no trouble getting a sun beds at any time. Make sure you have mask or goggles to admire wonderful reefs and fish. Although right from the first day when we made it clear we didn't require their services, sale staff would still come in to us to say hello and have a little chat. All people working in Tia Heights are biggest asset of this hotel: while in Egypt I have never come across so amazingly helpful, polite and approachable staff in all hotels we stayed. Cleaners, beach attendants, waiters, bar staff, reception, and animation team and of course hotel's management - we would like thank you all for our memorable holidays and the most spectacular New Years party. Our special thanks goes to Sara from animation team who was really looking after us and Caravan bar staff, sorry guys didn't write your names but your service was excellent, rum and coke and scotch with soda any time :) Food was very good, well prepared, with large selections to choose from and one could always find something tasty - grilled chicken served during lunch was simply delicious. Ah I almost forgot about Russians, that seem to be main complain in some reviews. While I agree that they sometimes stretch one’s patience but I don't think hotel should be in any way blamed for having guest with annoying manners and behaviour. Surprisingly those we have seen at Tia Heights were ok; also we were at the table with Russians during New Years party and really had great time. After few drinks language is not a barrier :) Shopping: few shops nearby and mini shopping centre inside hotel. As we were meeting friend’s downtown, we had to take taxi to Hurghada: there and back plus 2 hours in town for $35 wasn't too bad. We have no negative comments with one little exception and that’s really more like suggestion: hotel of that class would really do even better with one proper swimming pool with heated water specially during winter months, we are both keen swimmers and missed a bit proper morning swim

We would recommend this hotel to anyone for a good holiday, certainly was way above what we had expected

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Hans_Kloss_UK
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Just came back from my 26th visit to Tia,never get tired of it.every time I visit,there is something new,exciting,fun and unforgettable.this is my second home away from home with an outstanding services and very friendly stuff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank elhoss
Accra
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I visited Tia Heights with a lot of friends from around the world for an amazing experience. It didnot dissapoint from the moment we walked in till the momemnt we left. There are many restaurants to choose from inside the hotel, ranging from seafood to steaks to whatevever. The hospitality was good and the rooms are clean and comfortable. There are so many activities to indulge in from Scuba diving, swimming, Acquatic viewing via Submarine, Desert rides , clubbing and many more. There is so much to do with so little time. It was a wonderful experience and i will recommend this hotel to anyone over and over again.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms that face the beach or pool area.Excellent views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maya A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a fantastic time at the hotel in Hurghada. We had a large group of 11 family members thoroughly enjoyed every part of this holiday. The hospitality from the staff was amazing and they went out of there way to help us enjoy every minute our stay. I want to recommend one staff member highly and his name is Mr Sherif. He is the assistant f&b manager and without him our holiday may not have been as amazing as it was. Thank you Mr. Sherif for all your help with everything. We truly had a great holiday.

Room Tip: We had the family rooms at the back of the main building. Initially we thought it would be far for u...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharmee S
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My daughter partner and I had the most amazing week at Tia Heights Hotel over xmas and new year.We regretted not booking 2 weeks and we will definently be going back in the summer and next xmas. This is our review to help any english people thinking of going as you wont be disappointed. Firstly although the hotels very large its so spacious that you don feel crowded. Our room was very big, immaculately clean with 3 single beds that we had requested,We were near reception, the young lad that cleaned the room put in so much effort every day, we looked forward to his little surprises. The staff at this hotel go beyond the norm to make sure we enjoyed our stay. The General Manager who is quite new was so welcoming and introduced himself straight away and made sure all our needs were catered for. He has excellent english having lived in america and was charming. His attitude refelcted in the staff as I really thought the staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful and didnt expect tips. nothing was too much trouble. We loved Jasmine restaurant, the food was excellent and we had much variety, one day my daughter was over tired and she missed her evenbing meal, straight away the waiter noticed as did the Chef and the Chefl made a tray of all her favourite food and gave it to me to take back to the room, the lunch on the beach we loved,Ahmed that worke their as a waiter always saved us a table and brought our drinks to our table at the beach, we loved the fact we could relax and just get up and go and eat without having to dress to go indoors. The animation team put on amazing shows, the new years eve event well I cant describe in words, utterly amazing, was in a huge building that had been decorated to a magnificent standard, i have never seen anything like it, there were fireworks, a show with so much entertainment including a top class famous singer, dancers, it was like being on a cruise, we all clapped the chefs and staff on stage, the food was cruise standard, lobsters and so much food and drink and choice, I actually could not believe the evening and atmosphere, I'm 50 years old and have seen some parties but this was just brilliant. Another Ahmed that was organising the party did a great job and I will return for next years xmas and new year. There werent many english at this hotel and I really would encourage english people to try it, it caters for children in a big way, a huge aqua park on site, beach on doorstep, kids clubs, all the children I saw were having such fun, I checked this out in detail as I intend to take my one year old grandson there and it was important to me, I was talking to some english people on the flight home and they were staying in makadi bay at another hotel, their new year didnt compare to ours and they were amazed at our videos of the event. We booked with olympic holidays and found them excellent, we did some fantastic trips. I have never ever enjoyed a holiday as much as this one, It was the warmth of the management team and staff and facilities, I felt so at ease, My young daughter likes many things and she wasnt bored at all. Dockers bar caters for all ages and she enjoyed the later nights in there, I felt she was completely safe and well respected by the egyptian men and looked after. Theres a big variety of ages at this hotel and I was surprised I didnt mind the russians, dont be put of by this, new years eve these people were great fun. I saw many couples on holiday at this hotel, families with young children and some more mature, not onced did i see any trouble. I'm already planning my next stay wiith my family we cant wait to go back and this time we will take my young grandson, Just so pleased we went. Thank you to the General Manager Hesham and the wonderful staff , I am so grateful for your hospitality

Room Tip: We paid for a normal standard room and were 4003 by reception which I thouight was going to be basic...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank juliebird b
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

my fiance and I stayed at Tia heights for one week in July. On the whole the hotel was three and a half to four stars. Ill list the good bad and any tips :)
Good.
1: The reception is stunning. Marble, bar and helpful friendly staff.
2: lagoona rooms (far end of resort by the beach and italian restaurant) are beautiful, spacious witn a balcony leading to little river.
3: golf buggy to take you to room
4: snorkelling outside hotel was awesome for a novice.
5: can always get a sunbed with parasol
6: decent tip will get you excellent service for duration of stay.
7: sheesha was yummy and only 50p!
8:swim up bar (does great coffee)
9: non includive but still great room service.
10: fun show
11: lovely pools.

Bad.
1: food very samey. Average.
2:location, nothing to do other than organised trips.
3: downstairs buffet restaurant very busy and chaotic (go upstairs its completely the opposite!)
4: grounds in need of refurb especially near the itallian its dangerous.
5. spa and other onsite facilities not included.
6: cocktails...they are not what is expected as in they dont really cater to drink orders.

Tips.

Tip your waiter. We tipped ours £10 for the week. Everyday we had a tray of fresh drinks brought to us along with cols towels and ice water that was replenished wveey hour. We were looked after during meal times and couldnt have asked for more.
Get some bread from the restaurant for snorkelling. Within knee deep shoales of fish are there. We saw clown fish, angel fish, neons and rays.
Take high factor sun protection. I normally use factor ten and dont burn...here its forty one degress and within minutes you will cook!
Get a waterproof camara.
Go upstairs to eat.
Get there early if eating at beach bar.
Hope this helps :)

Al Nabila Grand Bay Makadi
Al Nabila Grand Bay Makadi
#22 of 30 in Makadi Bay
Hawaii Riviera Aqua Park Resort

Been to Tia Heights Makadi Bay? Share your experiences!