I have spent 7 days in the hotel as part of my vacation, my overall satisfaction is good in average. I will try to add more details so that you can judge.
First of all you have to try the Aqua park, so get the aqua park package it is Awesome, you have to try the white slide, you will get 2 food ticket on the entry to replace them during lunch break, menu contain Burger, Tuna, Cheese and Hotdog sandwich and Pizza, you can get tow of any + drinks.
The Bathroom are plenty (in every building) and clean, the water is very cold this time of the year (1Q) the kids pool is partially heated and nice. so my rating for the Aqua park is very good.
For the hotel is another story:
Rooms: Good: Spacious and clean
Bad: old furniture (the door security metal fall and one of the lights was not working)
Ugly: Closing the room door was a nightmare is have to be crushed to close, lot of noise waking up anybody in the same floor
Food: Good: The overall food quality is good and the menu change in daily basis, so you will be surprised, the food is plenty and with the all inclusive package you need not to worry about eating, the Alaadin beach restaurant is far more better than the indoor restaurant.
Bad: The smell of the indoor restaurant is bad, when entering you feel like not want to eat here, also the sweats variety is very limited and boring.
Beach: The beach is very good, there are a lot of activities to do, there is a diving center nearby, I tried the "seascope" submarine and I do not recommend it at all very boring and little fish, the kids did not enjoy at all.
Health Club: Good: Indoor heated swimming pool is a very nice option in this time of the year, the GYM was average need to be renewed a lot you can do most of your workout there.
Bad: the bathrooms and shower was very bad, smelly and not clean.
The lobby: Good place to hangout for a while drinking juice or hot drink the staff is friendly and very helpful while the bathrooms need to be cleaned more regularly.
Summary: The hotel is good in overall and the aqua park is very good, the staff is friendly and my stay was pleasant except for one thing, I forgot my DSLR on the beach and did found it, also lost my kids precious ball too, so you have to keep a close eye on your things.
One last thing if you do not like the company of Russians do not go there, I did not face trouble with them but the place is full with Russians .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Egypt's spectacular Red Sea coast, TIA Height's large resort is ideally situated on a stretch of sandy beach in Makadi Bay. The hotel faces the magical waters of Egypt's Red Sea, nestled between desert dunes and breathtaking mountain ranges. The bay provides a superb location for scuba-diving and snorkeling. Built over 250,000 square metres (in a total surrounding area of one million square metres of land), this five star resort boasts an international standard Aqua Park, a 6,400 square metre swimming pool that is considered the largest pool in the Middle East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tia Heights Makadi Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tia Heights Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Hurghada Le Meridien
- Meridien Makadi Bay
- Le Meridien Makadi Bay Hurghada