We stayed in Tia Heights in August, probably not the best time of year to visit Egypt, but since it was not our firs time, we were mostly aware of what to expect.
Fortunately, we got even more...
Choosing this hotel my biggest fear was the fact that it has almost 1100 rooms. I was afraid of crowd, noise, seeking for sun beds all day around. But this is what we got:
Even for Red sea criteria this hotel is blessed with unbelievably beautiful see, deep enough to swim and rich enough to enjoy corals and colorful fishes, so it’s as ideal for kids, as for the adults. Since the beach is really spacious (and perfectly kept clean) you will never get the feeling that there are too many people around you.
But, if one prefers pool (hard to imagine, but my kids do!), the one in Tia Heights is really great. Specious and clean it gives all the pleasure you need, including very good bar in the center.
Gardens around the hotel buildings are literally haven like, so even if your room is not right next to all the major facilities (have in mind that the hotel complex is huge and in travel agency you can choose between Dune, Lagoon and main building rooms, with different prices!), walking around would be more for the joy than chore.
We didn’t have any complains about room either. It was big enough, very clean, and with specious terrace with sun beds and perfect view. All together vary comfortable.
But absolutely the best thing about this hotel is its stuff. All of them, with no exception, are focused on your pleasure and joy. Animation team is tireless and highly motivated. Actually, I can say the same thing about all the others, from the receptionist, over waiters and pool boys. Special thanks this time to Mahmud, great guy who took my 6 year old daughter in his arms and ran to the doctor, deathly scared for her safety, though it was just nose bleeding.
However, with no intention to underrate other stuff members and their contribution, I have to say that there is final touch given to this hotel by its General Manager, Mr. Michael. Seeing him walking around and checking hotel at any time of a day, having ability to discus any problems and being shore that he will help you immediately, makes you feel safe and welcome. I had the strong impression that he really cares about his guests, far beyond what you could expect.
So, when making a decision to go this hotel, have in mind that it’s not a 5 star luxurious resort on Maldives Island. And it doesn’t cost that much, of course. Therefore, it might happen that your toilet is a bit noisier or food might not be as various as you prefer. But you can enjoy beautiful see and gardens, amuse yourself with professionals in many ways, and be lazy or active, all for quite reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Egypt's spectacular Red Sea coast, TIA Height's large resort is ideally situated on a stretch of sandy beach in Makadi Bay. The hotel faces the magical waters of Egypt's Red Sea, nestled between desert dunes and breathtaking mountain ranges. The bay provides a superb location for scuba-diving and snorkeling. Built over 250,000 square metres (in a total surrounding area of one million square metres of land), this five star resort boasts an international standard Aqua Park, a 6,400 square metre swimming pool that is considered the largest pool in the Middle East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Tia Heights Makadi Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tia Heights Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Hurghada Le Meridien
- Meridien Makadi Bay
- Le Meridien Makadi Bay Hurghada