2,248 results
All reviews main building dune room dockers bar aladdin restaurant animation team fish the general manager small tip cleaned every day horse riding italian restaurant belly dancing great holiday beach is lovely kids club lobby bar water park
Reviewed July 17, 2011

In April 2010 we had the pleasure of a weeks stay at the Jaz Makadi Golf. While there we visited this hotel and spoke to a number of guests. We were that impressed with what we saw and heard that we have arranged a visit with friends ( a group of twenty +) and family. The whole area of Makadi Bay is an exceptional place to stay and the people are so hard working and approachable .
As for the Russians and other nationalities, play them at sport and break down the cultural barriers.
Also I am very impressed that the hotel manager cares enough to listen to feedback about his hotel and act positively on it.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank David W
michael1953, General Manager at Tia Heights Makadi Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2011

Dear Wooder58- Thank you for kindly taking the time to comment on your vacatiuon at Tia Heights. We are delighted to have received your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do hope you will visit us again soon, so we can welcome you back to Tia Heights.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed in this hotel last summer with my wife and two daughters. First impresion about hotel was great, hotel is spotlessly clean, with beautifull garden, lakes, flowers, pools...Beach is beautifull too, with very clean sea, a lot of sunbeds and umbrelas.
But there are a lot of things that simply ruin this first impresion:
- Restaurant is too small for all guests in peak season so be prepare to waite in line in front of it. To be honest there is another restaurant at the first floor, but almost nobody use it because there is very strong smell from kitchen inside.
- Air conditions seems that are turned on their minimum and it is realy hot in lobby area and especialy in restaurants. In rooms you can adjust temperature as you like and it is ok.
- The worst thinng in this hotel are staff. You simply have to tip them 24/7 if you want to be served. I'm not against tipping, I'm aware that it's a kind of custom in Egypt and I've already been in Egypt, but I think that decision about giving a tip have to be only my decision. If I'm sadisfy I'll give a tip, if not - I won't. But in Tia Heights you simply have to give tip to everyone no matter of quality of service. Examples are countless - in lobby bar waiter didn't allow us to seat on free table because "he saves it for his guests"! Waiter at pool asked tip because he brought drink to our sunbed (we didn't asked that!). Maid approached us 2-3 days every time he saw us asking for a tip because "he is going for a holiday next week". Waiter in restaurant asked for a tip because he gave me a cold bear!...I have to emphasise that I reported a lot of these situations to hotle managers and they were extremely kind and helpfull, trying to fix any problem if possiblle. But I simply couldn't go to the manager every time I wanted any service that I paid for! At least I don't expect to do that in, so called, 5-star hotel.
- Elevator in our part of the building was out of order 10 of our 15 days stay in hotel. I reported that but nobody came to fix it. One could say that it's not a big deal if you use stairs for just one or two floors but it is problem when you are with baby and when you carry a baby wehicle up and down all day. Again you don't expect elevator to be out of order in, so called, 5-star hotel!
- We didn't like food in the hotel. Since stay in Tia Heights we never have complains about food, but food definitely wasn't appropriate for 5-star hotel.
- If you are unlucky and get room near restaurant on the first floor in main building be prepare for very bad smell from kitchen in your room!
All in all, I think that hotel itself is realy very nice and has all necesary facilities for great holiday, but it need completely new staff or maybe much strickt managers!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
michael1953, General Manager at Tia Heights Makadi Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

THIS REVIEW HAS BEEN WRITTEN NEARLY ONE YEAR AFTER THE REVIEWER STAYED AT TIA HEIGHTS!

This reviewer has sadly waited a year to post this review and their experiences thankfully do not bear any resemblance to what other reviewers have experiencedat Tia heights in the time since I took over as General Manager earlier this year!

I have contacted this reviewer to ask for further details in respect of their stay at Tia Heights but have had no response to date and have therefore contacted Trip Advisor to check the authenticity of this review!

If you are considering staying at Tia heights please read the recent positive reviews-these should reassure you that Tia Heights is a great place to stay and somewhere where you will be made welcome.

We have many different nationalities staying at Tia Heights and I hope to welcome you too in the future. I will be delighted to answer any questions you may have on m.booker@tiaheights.com

Reviewed July 14, 2011

This was the trip of our lives!!!
Very beautiful complex,looks like dream honestly!
Just to make your staying more beautiful we suggest you to take lagoon rooms not dune rooms,because those rooms are far away from beach,actually it is far away for walking,so you will have to wait for the bus,lagoon rooms are more expensive but not such a big difference in price.Our room was very big and comfortable,we were suprised,and also with balcony and own garden,absolutely beautiful!
Just to let you know,this is Egypt so do not expect a real five star room as furniture is old and has loooooooong tradition,but we didnt mind as it was real clean and nice.Beach absolutely beautiful,if you have kids wonderful pools are there,in one word really nice place to stay.
Every night you have some kind of animation,you will not be bored,great place,cant wait to come back again!!!!

3  Thank Croatia77
Reviewed July 13, 2011

we booked at last the moment and what a good choice of hotel we made. we had a great time. great pool so big, lots of sunloungers round the pool, very nice food with lots of choices, very hot weather. i would to thank all the staff and general manager Mr Michael Booker for a all round great holiday. if you ever have a problem it would always be easiley be rectified as michael is always around and approachable
mark & jacqui tunbridge.
U.K.

Room tip: we asked for a room with a big double bed and got it, room very nice and spacious.
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmtunbridge

Dear JM Tunbrid- I was really pleased to see your positive review for Tia Heights. We were delighted you stayed with us for your recent vacation and sincerely look forward to meeting you once again at Tia Heights.

Best regards from all the team and thank you once again.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

This hotel has been recommended by the Tourist agency we use. Unfortunately it was my honeymoon (from 10 to 21 Jan, 2011) that I don't want to remember.
We arrived to the hotel, in the front office after showing our papers, we told him that we are honeymooners (married the day before) and he didn't even congratulate us. As per the agency, we have paid an amount a little bit high but our accommodation was at the Dune and it was a real nightmare. The room was very dirty, a lamp in the room entrance was hanging down from the ceiling, a cartoon box was thrown at the floor, which is the empty of changing of the lamp hanging down in the room entrance, stains of spilled coffee or tea every where clearly obvious to eyes, the broken window knob; I don't want to mention the bathroom (It was a mess). I phoned someone at the reservation and told him about the situation and that we won't stay in such a room as we paid more than the Russian guests that are staying in the main building (as we knew later on), he answered rudely that this is the tourist's agency booking CATOGORY, as per his pronunciation, (category) which we'll stay in. I told him that I took photos (attached) and will send them to the authorities, he answered in a very bad way threatening me not to put myself in trouble!!!
As we didn't have another solution for the time being, I called the agency and asked them to change the hotel immediately and we went to dinner. At the restaurant, we met Mr. Ahmed, one of the best employees in this hotel who insisted to arrange a meeting with the manager. The manager fixed the situation by changing the room after he discussed the matter with the tourist agency.
Many small incidences happened in our ten days stay such as the broken bed which took place twice.
Before leaving I insisted to fill an application with our complains but no one replied as it is normal to have such problems. One of the barmen told us that the employees are used to treat the guests this way as they are Russian and they have no problem even to insult the guest. The food was excellent; however I would rather die of hunger instead of staying one hour in this hotel. One positive thing, the time of check out was the happiest moment in my honeymoon.
Mr. Michael, for my surprise, I started to see replies from your good self on complains; which is really new to me & never happened before. I saw you in the hotel and I knew that you were recently started putting the said hotel on the track. Wishing you the best of luck and wish the miracle to become true and that hotel worth the name but any of this will not make me or my husband forget our NIGHTMARE HONEYMOON AT TIA HEIGHTS.

Date of stay: January 2011
2  Thank AnisAwadIskander
michael1953, General Manager at Tia Heights Makadi Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

I was shocked to read this review and thought there is no way this could possibly have happened in a hotel I manage! I then realised that these guests stayed at the hotel in January 2011 and as I did not take over as the General Manager until the end of March this year I therefore cannot comment further until I have made a thorough enquiry.

I will personally email these guests and discuss their issues in detail and respond to them honestly and fully,however I cannot understand why they have left this nearly six months before posting a public comment on Trip Advisor for as many will appreciate a lot can change in a hotel in six months especially when new managers are in place!

I would finally like to reassure anyone thinking of visiting Tia Heights, that we provide the highest standards of service to all our guests irrespective of their nationalities,age or gender! As you will see, anyone staying in recent months has posted positive comments about Tia Heights during their stay and if they have any doubts or queries please do not hesitate to contact me at m.booker@tiaheights.com

Michael Booker - General Manager