“A place that is not managed well plus Anti American Hotel”

Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Fontana, California
“A place that is not managed well plus Anti American Hotel”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I reserved 4 nights through my travel agent in US, the hotel was almost empty 20-30% occupancy.
Staff once they know that you are American they turn to be unhelpful, especially in the resturaunt and front office.
While I have been promised from my travel agent that water park will be free of charge, I had to pay 50$ daily in order to have access to it. Which is ridicoulos , " I was able to get my money back from my travel agent".
Food selection was limited in hotel restaurant and not fresh. Luckily I had a car in hand, I was able to drive out of the hotel and eat outside.
Also, the hotel dive center are charging triple price, you may walk on the beach and try the other hotels dive centers to get a better price.
Room was spacious and clean, they provide you with microwave and small fridge. Hotel is very good for families.
Animation team had poor performance comparing to other hotels in the area.
Finally, this is the funny part while all surrounding hotels offer 30-35$ per person , this hotel wanted to charge me 65 $ per person for extra night which of course I did not take.

Room Tip: Get rooms close to the pool
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank maabdou2000
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Abdou,
Thank you for your review recently posted evaluating our resort. We are very sorry that we were not up to your expectation. Saraya resort is well known for its best services and great team members who deal with more than 15 different nationalities at the same time hence i would say treating the Americans in a "different way" is not really our practice.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused for the aqua park access as you were turned away from a sister resort which contracted differently with your travel agent.
Since your accommodation was on BB basis may be you could have tried any of our 4 a la cart restaurants instead of going out side for dining. Also we need to explain the issue with the extension as our front office offer you the on line rate which was Euro 78 per double room per night based on all inclusive while your initial booking was at US 61 for just bed and breakfast.. i would say our rate was more than fair.
Anyway i promise to invest more in staff training specially the animation team in order they could leave more positive impression to our clients.
once again thank you for choosing Saraya resort and looking forward to welcoming you once more in the future.
Best regards,
Klaus Reinwand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
uk
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from our seventh visit to this hotel, and would like to say thanks to all. Most of the staff were very good with some going the extra mile. Kamel at the cabaret bar and Ahmed at the Ganzabil pool kept everyone hydrated with drinks on a regular basis without being asked they just appeared. Great to catch up with Farahat our Egyptian son. All areas are well kept with staff regularly cleaning and tidying communal areas.

Mr Shenoda shop no 30 near the Shisha bar is excellent for T/Shirts, tops etc and very reasonably priced with good quality.

Should you want a private pick up from the airport or taxi service mr Mohamed Saleh is reliable and trustworthy, and can be contacted by e-mail: Mohamed.saleh1000@yahoo.com

Thanks to all

• Stayed October 2013
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guests,

My team and I would like to thank you for your critical and motivating comments received in TripAdvisor which had a great positive influence for us to work harder and to continuously improve the service we are offering to you.

We are very pleased that you had spent a nice and relaxing holiday in the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort.

It is our pleasure to forward your kind words to the entire team of our hotel.

Our efforts have resulted in being awarded by TUI Umwelt Champion 2010, 2011, TUI Eco Resort 2009-2010-2011, Hygiene Silver Award, ISO-14001-Awards for 2009 till 2012, Holiday Check Award 2006-2010, Green Star Hotel Award and Tripadvisor Best Family Resort. We understand this recognition as a commitment to further improve our services in 2013.

Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon in your Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed October 22, 2013

alot of thanks4 all the staff they were so helpfull,although the hotel was almost complet beccause mouslim"s feast vaccation}the staff try to do they beast efforts . this is our first time in madinet makadi it is really perfect compound they have many hotels plus fantastic aqua park 4 all age group. we do easy and early check in we were in block 5 in sweat facing main pool lwas with my wife and our girl all of us found what he need we prefar el nakhail reasturant our stay in base of all inc. which really was perfect on the beach in aqua and in every cornear you found drinks snacks and ice crem. pools were 4all ages in aqua and in hotel .at nigh we went to elskeska to engoy mini disco and anjmation time which was not bad you can go to hurghada at night by shutel bus and spend about 2 hours there the beach were sandy and nice location totally the hotel is perfect 4 familys

Room Tip: i recomend main pool ground floor 4 familys with infant and childrens . quit pool 4 couples
1 Thank dr_mohammad_hamed

Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Going on a trip in Eid in Egypt can be a challenge.... but Saraya Resort has proved to compete in such a challenge and win gracefully. Despite the 100% occupancy in Eid, all the staff in Saraya would make you feel as if there is no one else but you to serve and help. The place is always clean; rooms, pools, beach and restaurants. The food is great with pleasing variety. The water world supplied cards saved us a lot of money. The mineral water is always available. Drinks in bars all over the place is good. All this with the wonderful weather in Makadi made our holiday a marvelous one to remember. I cannot wait for my next holiday in Saraya Resort. Thank you.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed October 19, 2013

it is our 5th time same place and we still enjoy it and feel like home , it is the place for time out from city
food quality and variety are very well . friendly team
Night entertainment is enjoyable , the beach is wonderful to swim and enjoy snorkeling watching corals
it is safe for kids as well

Room Tip: rooms are well equipped with a kitchenette include the daily necessary equipments for tea and coffe...
2 Thank KhaledKhozamy

Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Mr. Mahmoud el hossiny is one of the most helpful person in the staff I appreciate his treatment for me and my family specially for me as he facilitate to me to reach my bus in the time.
Also when I advise him that my room is bad he take the necessary procedure to change the room and give me Onther room with upgrade class Accordingly thanks for him

1 Thank Tamer_saleh

Reviewed October 16, 2013

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in, from the very first moment we got into the hotel, felt like a bad one, lobby is so small, receptionists are not friendly, they gave us very bad rooms till we made a big deal then they decided to give us better rooms, which also sucked, I would rate this hotel as a 4 stars hotel max.

Restaurants were awful, a lot of counters ran out of food with a lot of time for replinshment, food tasted very bad and all days had the same food, tables looked old and restaurant looked outdated.
Defintely not going to it again.

Rooms and food are the wrost of all.

Animation team is full of lame people who think they are funny.

5 Thank Mhd_kady
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Mohamed El-Kady,

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort to spend your holiday.

My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. We are extremely committed to deliver the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest.

I do apologize that we didn't accomplish this for you and we welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service.

Please contact me by e-mail klaus.reinwand@iberotelmakadisarayaresort.com in order to discuss your impressions in more detail.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the nearest future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Makadi Bay
Jaz Aquamarine
#35 of 221 in Hurghada
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,572 reviews
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Makadi Bay

Been to Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort? Share your experiences!