“I want a BEYOND Excellent Rating :)”

Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Cairo, Egypt
“I want a BEYOND Excellent Rating :)”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Well - If I am to summarize my 4 days stay @ Saraya Resort, I would say one thing : "FANTABULOUS" .. It was one of the most amazing, relaxing, enjoyable, fun, calm, cool, funny, chilling & "warm" vacations I have ever had in my life .. Let me please break it down into phrases as follows:

STAFF: The most professional ones I have ever met before and the key word for that is :"Smile always" .. You will never see a frown on any face there .. Always always always "helpful" and extremely friendly with Kids .. I would like to thank you people for everything you did to us during our stay. Very special Thanks to Mr. George the main restaurant manager/ Sayed and Issaac from the restaurant / Mr. Mostafa & Mr. Boules @ the Reception Area :))

CLEANLINESS: Neat rooms, pool, pool area, kids club, restaurants, ...etc

POOLS: heated perfectly, clean to an extreme, spacious so that you will never feel it is crowded.

ROOMS: just perfect - Clean - You have everything inside :)

FOOD: lot of variety and very tasty.

DRINKS: If you are on the All Inclusive package, just name the drink you want and you shall get it in no time (ALL are amazing).

For those who have kids, I can tell you that my son who is 7 years old was crying on our way back to Cairo because he will miss his "Friends" over there and that they are very close now to his heart same as his school friends :)

Saraya Resort - A place you MUST visit very soon ..

4 Thank Hebaammar
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort for your vacation.
My team and I would also like to thank you for your valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2013.

Once again, thank you for your visit to our hotel and for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel and surroundings was very nice, the hotel personnel was very friendly and helpful. We also had a lot of fun with Joe and his animation team. The food was also good at the various restaurants located right by the hotel. We are looking forward to come back there for our next holidays.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julien B

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my girlfriend and thoroughly enjoyed a nice relaxing stay. The weather was spot on, hotel was clean and the staff worked hard to make sure our stay was an enjoyable one. I would recommend eating in the a la carte restaurants as the food was far superior to the buffet restaurants, they were free on our all inclusive booking and you would be mad not to try them. The free water park was a good laugh with plenty of slides to keep you entertained for the best part of the day. I'd definitely consider going back here and that's from somebody who didn't want to go to Egypt in the first place!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Dazzle1980

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were in this hotel on January 2013. It was our second time. Everything was like were have had last year. Hotel is very clean and the employees are friendly (I really mean it). We had all inclusive packet and I recommend it. You can have food, snacks and drinks everywhere and all the time. Food is good and we ate everything: salads, mayonnaise sauces and we didn't have any problems. There is an amazing coral area just left outside from Sarayas beach. It is worth to see. I think that it is very good idea to have two pool areas. The other one is "quiet area". There you can relax without noise and the other pool is good for children where they can play and have fun. I hope that me and my family will have possibility to have vacation there next year again.

1 Thank Vein R
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013

Leeds
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Just returned from the Saraya and would just like to pass my thoughts on in the hope of helping others.
STAFF : Well how long do you want ? In all my travels i can compare them to no body they were that good. Everyone was welcoming and they showed that a smile costs nothing but can make your day. Everyone of the Saraya team made it their business to make sure we as guests made our stay as relaxing and care free as anybody could need. The service was quick at each and every bar, the rooms cleaned quickly and thoroughly, reception was always available with a friendly smile and a quick response to every situation we asked of them, Animation worked tirelessly to provide you entertainment and fun things to do all in all a very big thank you from us.
ROOMS : The rooms are large and equipped with everything that we needed for our holiday, clean and somewhere that we could sit and reflect on our day. The beds were good for a good nights sleep and extra pillows etc were just a quick word with your assigned cleaner and pop they appeared.
POOLS : Large and always clean, heated due to time of year and though i did not partake in the water the people I spoke to said it was warm. Sunbeds always available towels provided that were big enough to cover the sunbed what more do you need ?
FOOD : The main restaurant (Sunflower) provided a good range of international food for everyone be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. Chefs happy to cook specific things to your requirements, all you need to do is ask and they will happily do it for you. Luckily we had 4 A la carte restaurants to choose from and of course indulged in the whole experience, be prepared to have your taste senses tested, we did and can happily say we loved it. Pool side lunch restaurant was a great way to have your lunch and a small but ample menu just hit the right spot for lunch.
DRINK : Plenty of local spirits to go at, the local beers were refreshing and could not be faulted, cocktails in abundance and we lost count of how many different ones they did, plus again if you fancy something not on their list just ask politely and you received (if it was possible).
BEACH : The beach though a short walk away was what you expect of a beach, sunbeds, wind jammers, bar, snack bar and activities what more could you ask for ?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PhilandJinny

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

After reading some of the reviews we were a bit apprehensive. But we needn't of worried, the resort was amazing. The staff couldn't do enough to help, the food was lovely, the water park was out of this world. We stayed from 29th Oct for 1 week, the weather was gorgeous.
Everyone we spoke to prior to our holiday warned us about stomach upsets, but we were all fine, even our children aged 8, 5 and our baby who was on solids too.
The only thing we would suggest is to request a ground floor room if you are taking a buggy as although the complex is only 3 floors there are no lifts.
Make sure you visit the water park, which is a mini bus ride away (free of course) There are 3 separate areas for children, one for incy wincy ones, another for toddlers, and one for older children. And as for the grown up area.....amazing. Make sure you take your towels with you.
A short walk to the beach was well worth it, take some goggles, or mask and snorkel to really enjoy the marine life.
Will defo be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Mags B
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guests,

Happy new year 2013 & Thank you for choosing the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort to spend your holiday.

Once again, thank you for your visit to our hotel and for your feedback
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our stay at Saraya was amazing!
We just came home from Egypt and celebrated New Years Eve there. It was the best New Years' of my life and everything was so nice.
The animation team were so good and made each day interesting and fun. We had all inclusive and the food was so good, I always found something I liked to eat.
I couldn't been more pleased with our vacation and I'll be back very soon!
Thank you for a fantastic vacation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Makadi Bay
Jaz Aquamarine
Jaz Aquamarine
#35 of 222 in Hurghada
Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort and Club

Been to Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort? Share your experiences!