“Fantasic”

Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort and Club
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hi everybody. I went there in November 2012. I was in Egypt 4 times before and this one was the best. Very good service, excellent food (very differential), clean large room, beautiful beach near from hotel. There is free shuttle bus to huge water park. There was family holiday and we got really good time with smile and fun. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciate comfort and good fun.

Room Tip: We were living in room 5010 close to swimming pool. Very good location near to reception, restaurant...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MARIUSZ W

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Trust me,if you are a family guy you will spend your best hoilday there.I visited this place 3 times till now,it became my holiday destination.value for money,more than friendly stuff and good food.my kids like its heated pool and play ground.weather is perfect always.enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank sherifmoharam
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have had to wait 3 months to continue this report as trip advisor wont allow a second review of the same holiday within this time period.
Our findings at the end of the holiday are tht the Makadi Oasis resort is good value for money everything you need for a good AI holiday the down side to me personally was the quality of the food it would appear that the cheapest cuts were used ie BBQ chicken kebabs made with Chicken Wings !!! so when bitten into you found bone not meat ,The meat chef only gave minial portions ie a whole turkey on display but you were given bits from the outside of the bird and the bird was still whole.Brekfasr good if you could tolerate the ignorance of the guests who pushed in all the time ( this also happened wherever you were ) the staff realised this but said whet could they do but to et on with it which is why they were so friendly towards us .

I was in the bar the last night and was speaking to a member of staff who asked me what our holiday was like I said it had been good but the quality of the food was very bad and explained why,After this he introduced himself as th Chef who had been on vacation for the past 2 WEEKS my time at the resort and that things would get better now.

I wont know if that is true but should the whole HOTEL FOOD BE OF A LESSER QUALITY WHEN THE cHEF GOES ABSCENT ?

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank guliver
Reviewed August 22, 2012

all was ok very nice place the food was not so good the personal of the reception was not high exprince but they was very nice with us also all the personal of the hotel was very nice
they use onley germany and russian lungage the rooms was far from the sea.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MIDO_ILNILO
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We (family with 17 month old son) stayed for 11 nights in May 2012 and liked it overall, but there were a few downsides. Here are our overall impressions:
- Super-friendly employees, particularly the waiters in the main restaurant, a bit less so at the bars
- Food in main restaurant was ok overall, sometimes average, sometimes really good. The choice was always sufficient to find something
- there is a dine-around option for an extra-charge of 5 EUR (given menu) or 10 EUR (you can take anything from the menu). This is definitely recommendable, particularly the Oriental restaurant was excellent! From the Beach restaurant, which belongs to IberoBeach hotel, i.e. a five-star hotel, we had expected more, so I wouldn't go there again.
- distance to beach: a good five-ten minute walk, about half of it via a nice path, which is totally in the shadow with plants ranking over it
- nationalities in the hotel (can of course only speak for the time when we were there): app. 60% Russians, 30% Germans, 5% Swiss & French, 5% other
- kids: two very nice playgrounds, free child animation as of three years, mini-disco almost every evening, child-friendly pool, partly with a roof, the beach is suitable for children as well (except for quite a lot of jelly-fish), you get unlimited free entry to the aquaparc, where you find great attractions for children (and adults!) of all ages, there is a special kid's corner at the buffet, all employees were extremely child-friendly and our son really enjoyed the stay a lot! You can also borrow a buggy against a small fee and in a nearby pharmacy you can buy imported Pampers at a reasonable price
- animation: average, mixed program, sometimes more, sometimes less entertaining, but overall fine
- rooms: we had booked a 'superior' room, which was -if I remember correctly- about 150 EUR more expensive for the whole stay than the normal room. Save this money, as far as I have seen, all rooms are basically the same!
- rooms service: very good. We always had nicely done towels, the rooms were very clean and the people friendly. We had some aunts in the room, but this was apparently just an issue on the groundfloor and we didn't really bother with it and just removed them whenever we saw them...
Now I have to mention two downsides, which triggered that we will not visit the hotel again despite overall enjoying the holidays:
1. and this probably relates to above mentioned 'cheap' price: Many of the guests were from our view quite disturbing, poking at the evening buffet, taking quite a lot of overfilled plates, of which most was then wasted, drinking & smoking at the playground, partly being drunk quite early in the day... This of course cannot be generalized and we also got to know quite some nice people from different nationalities, but for us personally it is reason enough not to go there again
2. The quality of drinks: I almost only drank bottled water, as all juices were much too sweet, the sparkling water from the machine didn't taste good either and the alcohol was really bad (except for the beer, but I don't like beer that much in general), from the wine we got quite some headache and anyway only the red wine was drinkable at all and for the cocktails I also gave up on afte ra few days. The 'cocktail of the night' was Sangria for the time of our total stay, i.e. 11 nights, I hope not the same all the time...
So, in total, if you don't mind point 1 and 2 so much and look for a good-value holiday with kids, definitely go!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank KatrinGeneva
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Why did I enjoy staying at Makadi Oasis? The first advantage of this hotel is a good location. There are no local people messing around except staff so I was satisfied about it. Another thing I liked about this hotel was a disco called La Loca. Every night I went there with my friends and had so much fun. Furthermore, you should not forget that guests of Makadi Oasis are allowed to Aqua park in Madinat Makadi for free (food & drinks are also included). Indeed, Madinat Makadi resort is pretty closed and seperated from Egyptian exotic. So It means that holidays right here are proper for those who have been to Egypt so many times and only want to relax.

Anyway, It would be great to notice that staff is not very friendly in Makadi Oasis, especially receptionists.

I think that variety of food at this hotel outweight all my mentioned disadvantages. Even though I am fastidious I always found something delicious starting from different salads and finishing with seafood.

I hope you will have a great time in Iberotel Makadi Oasis!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Well-maintained green throughout, spacious rooms rather sparsely furnished, clean rooms by European standards this yourself, may on Egyptian goods. Guests mainly Russians.

The beach some 5-10 minutes for an adult, the child is rather 15-20 minutes. Outside of hotels grouped around the bay - there is nothing in the desert; Tours from April - rather not count - heat of 50-70 degrees in the sun discourage to visit Luxor or Cairo, the pyramids around (the distance! min. 5 hours drive)

Although the waiters in the dining room and family cleaning staff tried to be nice - but rudeness from the Reception people influenced our impression and maade forget about the positives, AND RECALLS worse side of this hotel:

1) a resident directed us contact with her through the front desk (because prices in the cells are in Egypt, a lot - in the range € 2/min) - tried once - got the phone, but after 30 seconds and a strange reception guy almost tried to snatch the phone (have several phones at the reception)

2) check-out ends at 12.00, the plane at 18:00 on request or can be a little longer, because a small child usually sleeps during the day to 14:00 - No, it's best you have already left the hotel, but if you pay me 30 € you can moments longer be

3) At the outset they give you some pile of cards - no one counts how many and what is (not numbered plastic, apparently to enter the pools), in the end they want it back - if not checked how much you got, you have to pay € 10 for each " lost "- although you have no idea how many there were, I said to not pay a penny for a worthless plastic card - And these Reception's morons did not allowed us to enter return bus and said we have to take a taxi to ride to the airport-row for half an hour, a coach with 20 people. from other hotels had been waiting. Because of €10 for the card worth maybe 30 cents.

4) You take that kind of cultural baggage taken to the room - so much that the guy sprawled WHEELS of the bag (it was not a bad bag) and gave the bag of sawn from the bottom on their floor - I wanted to neglect - my loss, the bag was heavy, but after a row a card - I want to make a complaint - moron at the reception with a stupid look and SMILE denied me because he knows it was not them, do not give me a standard report to the injury, he advisesme to report to TUI, but they are still in advance for anything not admit that.
Many hotels, even as I lost a magnetic card / key - no one told me to pay - HERE AT RECEPTION LEVEL People far below CULTURE camels!

FOOD - Very varied in appearance - the fact - but most boiled things feel very well scented Egyptian water - sooner or later most visitors experience ... stomach problems. Cuts of meat from the grill - the slice rationed by the cook, who makes sure you do not take such whole mini chicken drumsticks.
Family dining is nice. High - as a place to eat great as hopeless-hypermarket. More walking and standing in the queue than you eat. Smrodek as the hospital cafeteria. Of course, vicious things - at the very end - what would be a lot of people do not dobrało.
Spirits in the all inclusive very poor, wine hopeless.

The pools are large in fact as clean. Billiards. These tables, ping-pong. Is a charge for a gym. It is quite expensive Internet access.
Spacious, rather clean, but not new and not well equipped.

Place more for the Russians and Germans who are not picky. Few Poles, Czechs, and French are the guests here, rather the third category, and will not be too pleased treatment.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Baron Palace Sahl Hasheesh
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh
#2 of 222 in Hurghada

Been to Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort and Club? Share your experiences!