“Good but could be better”

Iberotel Makadi Beach
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel is large and the set up is great. I hoped it was in the chain of the Ibero-STAR hotels. But Iberotel is different. It is a good stay, but overall I would rather be closer to the real world. This is like staying in a reservation. Nice dining and all, but it misses the vibe. And Egypt for the moment seems a no go area. Was there last Christmas.

Room Tip: Makes sure to get a room on the second floor overlooking the pools. These seem to be quite larger an...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lex R
HassanElhawary, Front Office Manager at Iberotel Makadi Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2015

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Makadi Beach to spend your holiday
My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I just came back from Iberotel Makadi Beach, we were a family of 12 persons and we all agree that this place is one of the best ever..
Everything was more than awesome..
The rooms were clean and comfortable..
The food was very delicious in all restaurants.. the Chef is real clever..
Staff were so polite, so helping, and so friendly..
The animation team [Omar and Mazen] were very fun..
The Bars were clean, the bartenders and waiters [Walid, Haseeb, Mohamed El-Kady, Abdo] were very friendly, polite, and fun..

we're already planning for a second visit in a couple of months, and I highly recommend everyone to go there..

Room Tip: Rooms 2101 to 2110 are in good places, close to everything..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MohamedHammer-Head

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Me my partner and two children aged 8 and 11, auntie, uncle and his mum stayed at Makadi Saraya Hotel for 2 weeks all inclusive. I can honestly say with my hand on my heart, we have not got one bad word to say about this hotel. Our pool side room was very nice and big. The cleaners did a fantastic job every day and made some geat things out of the towels which my children thought was amazing. The hotel is kept lovely and clean. The gardens were also well looked after by the gardners. We didnt visit the quite pool while we were there as my children liked to stay by the busy pool with the anamation team which were brilliant, they spoke everyday and done a brilliant job with involving the children in the games during the day and night. All the staff in the hotel made us feel welcome and were very friendly. The two managers of the hotel walked around in the day to ask the tourist if they have any problems which I found was a very good service as I've never seen that in any other hotel I've stayed in before. We were offered a drink, Ice cream etc about every 30mins by the poolside bar staff, we didn't need to move of our sun lounger as they told us to stay where we were so they can bring it to us. It was the same service at the Beach to. The water park is fantastic. We had great fun every time we visited there. They have a section for very young children, then another section for slighty older children. Then the huge part with all the big slides and slides for all the family to go on together. The food and drinks again were great there. The 4 al-a-carte restaurants were brilliant. The service was very good and the food was very yummy. The food in the hotel was very good, there was a good choice every day. The Beach was beautiful and again the staff were brilliant! We would 100% go back. We had an amazing holiday. With all the trouble that is happening in Cario we felt very safe staying there by all the wonderful staff.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have just returned from our 2 week holiday at this hotel, August 2013. We are a family with 2 daughters 15 and 16. This was the perfect place for us. From the moment we walked in and were greeted by cold flannels to freshen up with and a cool Egyptian drink we never looked back.
The rooms we had were clean and kept that way throughout our stay. A small air conditioning problem in the girls room was promptly sorted out.

The location of the hotel is really nice and a very safe environment . A few shops a few minutes walk away, that's if you can tear yourself away from the pool. The water was lovely and warm and we always managed to get sun loungers, morning or afternoon. The hotel is right on the beach which was always clean and with plenty of loungers too. We went for the snorkeling because this hotel has its own coral reef and it was fantastic, we never felt the need to go any where else. We could take out a pedalo and tie it up in the deep and snorkel there, it was fantastic. Or you can just swim to the nearer reefs which are equally fascinating. You do get pestered on the beach when you first arrive with people trying to sell you trips, diving etc, but they soon leave you alone once you say no. They move on to the next new guests!
The restaurant for the buffet was varied and the food was nice and hot. We ate there every night and never got bored, the chef was always stood there if you had any comments. There was also always a fresh pasta bar which my daughters used a lot . The service we had from Mohamed was excellent, nothing was too much trouble.
The poolside restaurant is always good for lunch if you can't be bothered to dry off you can just sit there in your towel. Also there was ice cream there everyday and a waffle bar open every afternoon which were yummy. A little snack bar at the beach was the only thing missing as sometimes just a hot dog or some fries would have been nice. There was a beach bar for drinks though so that was good.
The swim up bar was great with Walid and Mohamed Elkady entertaining everyone all of the time. They also serve the cocktails in the evening whilst the entertainment is on along with Äbdo, Ahmed and many more, not forgetting of course Khalaf on the Shishas which was the only extras that you pay for. The waiters made our holiday so much fun and to say goodbye was really sad as they were really like friends to us.The service they give is excellent and I cannot praise them enough.
The evening shows were good and if you have younger children the animation team work hard to entertain them day and night. Also putting on their own shows which were hilarious.
We booked this holiday independently and the hotel arranged to collect us from the airport. And sure enough the driver was stood there with a card with our name on it waiting for us. This is a mainly German and Russian hotel , and we were always assumed to be German. We were the only English there but we liked that as the staff made us feel quite special and were delighted to speak to English people for a change. Also the evening entertainment was also introduced in English first so that wasn't a problem.
This holiday exceeded our expectations and we would definitely return. My daughters loved it and we are all very sad to be home.

Room Tip: We had a sea view room number 4207 which had a view across the volleyball pitch and then out to the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie J

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The hotel was very clean and quiet with friendly staff and excellent managment. The food was very good. There was beautiful and very well cared garden, nice beach with a small coral reef. We had a very nice vacation and we recomended hotel for those who like a quiet holidays. We traveled with our 4 years old child in May 2011.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sanero

Reviewed May 3, 2013

WE booked 3 rooms in this hotel for a family holiday. I am writing this review while in the hotel.
I am food poisoned an so is my neice and my sister in law. We are spending our holiday in bed sick. the food is terrible. It looks like left overs used in all the restaurants and kept for long time without proper storing.
It is a shame that such beautiful resort will have such terrible food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank HananKamal88

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very nice hotel - the food is excellent and the personnel is smiling :-)
Just outside the hotel, you can find some shops, restaurants and a pharmacy... The hotel is quiet and not too far from Hurghada airport (about 30 minutes).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Baron Palace Sahl Hasheesh
Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort
Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort
#2 of 30 in Makadi Bay

Been to Iberotel Makadi Beach? Share your experiences!