Sunwing Waterworld Makadi Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$155
$92
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort(Makadi Bay)
$99
$97
  • Pool
Prima Life Makadi(Makadi Bay)
$94
$73
$230
$80
  • Breakfast included
Iberotel Makadi Beach(Makadi Bay)
$352
$276
Agoda.com
Steigenberger Makadi(Makadi Bay)
$91
$81
1,143 results
All reviewslime barwave poolafrican barflow riderrain fortresssea restaurantsun and sandtropical barmohamed magdycrepe barwater worldred sea holidaysrelax pool barjunior suitefishwave machineother hotels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is well worth a visit, from the minute we arrived at the hotel we were made to feel welcome straight away :). We were then taken to our room which was to a very high standard with everything you could possibly need. Our room could have fit a whole family in.
There was a weather warning given out for bad storms and believe me when it happened the whole place got flooded and all the lights went off!! But the staff were amazing and everything was back to normal very quickly. Then thankfully the weather picked up.
There is so much to do on site, I for the first time went scuba diving which id never thought id have the nerve to do but with proper support from the instructor I ended up going back for a second time.
Hmmm what can I say about the staff.. BRILLIANT!! Everyone of them, to many names to remember tho haha. Our rep was carvos ( I think thats right) he needs a promotion !! He helped us every way possible to enjoy the activities offered to us.
I have told a few people about the sunwing and one couple said they will defo be booking soon.
One things for sure myself n gary and our family will definitely come back next year. The kids will be amazed at all them water slides :-).
Thanks again and see you soon

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Debbie O
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have never been All Inclusive and the reason we booked this hotel was the location and my fiance wanted to go diving. I have been a few times before to Egypt, mainly El Gouna. I was VERY impressed with the hotel , the staff , the facilities. Great value and the diving was also excellent value. There is nothing else really around the hotels so the 4 hotels , the mall and sports centre really are enough to occupy most people. There is a free bus to Hurghada ( not my favourite town) but we got to get spices from the Old Town.

The food was good in some restaurants, especially the French restaurant at the Mall. I was impressed with the buffet too , good cheeses, olives, salads. You can get any type of food within the hotel and the other restaurants you can dine at. The most important thing is the choice , in the day Tropical restaurant was my favourite and the bar b q at the Kebab restaurant was great.

Egypt is not know for it's gourmet food but for what you pay it is very good. The hotel is very popular with families and the majority of guests are Russian and German. The hotel has enough space to find a quiet spot whether by the top few pools or on the beach. Plenty of sun loungers and amazing service by all of the staff.

The rooms are huge and being on the top floor, we found it very quiet , even over looking the Waterpark area. perfect for families but even as a couple with no kids we really enjoyed our stay. The Makadi Spa next door is Adults Only , I did get a quick look round and thought it was stunning too. Bit crowded around their pools BUT the guests at the Spa hotel can use facilities of any of the 4 hotels in the group. Don't hesitate , give it a go.

Oh an don't forget the African Bar with the best bar men , especially Abdullah and Seam.

Room Tip: High floor so you get lovely views - room 7434 was great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gapyearat41
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed hear at the start of march! Got a great deal and for we paid you couldn't fault it! The hotel and facilities were very good! Didn't have much problem getting a sun bed although I can imagine the hotel will get busier! The entertainment on a night was awesome the entertainment team were very talented! We were very disappointed on our last night that there was no entertainment on! I'd advise everyone to take lots of pound coins as they prefer been tipped in English money or euros! The hotel had a lovely beach! Overall the hotel was fab! The wifi in the hotel is very poor often did not work! Not sure if this is a problem they are attempting to fix!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Newell-brown
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We booked this trip after the horrible rainy start to 2014 when we realised we needed some sun! We had never done an 'all-inclusive' holiday before and I had my reservations especially as some of the reviews had been a bit questionable. All I can say is book it. I can honestly say this was the best holiday I have ever had. OK the Russian guests are a bit loud and there is a touch too much pink velour and some of them look like they have stepped out of the 1980's but you cant have everything - we just went to another part of the resort.
The room was large and well equipped, the staff were excellent, incredibly polite and courteous and if you tried to speak some Egyptian and dropped in the odd 'shukran' (Egyptian for thank you) they loved it - more the fact that you tried really. The facilities were incredible, shallow warm pools for the children, larger cooler pools for adults and literally 200 yards from the sea which was warm and had perfect coral reef and amazing fish to see and snorkel with. There are other things you can do with extra payment such as kite boarding and wind surfing. I noticed that to one side there was a building site but very much out of view and we never heard anything (time of visit feb 2014) I am told that in the summer months it is packed and the Russians descend in their hordes but when we went it was probably only 25% full which was perfect.
The whole 'booking' process for the restaurants was a farce which was annoying as the restaurants are invariably empty yet still 'fully booked'. The best one by far was Tam Tam the Egyptian restaurant - if the booking man says its full just walk over there and book it on the day ( a tip will assist). The Mediterranean restaurant was excellent for lunch - freshly grilled squid and chicken served on a terrace overlooking the bay - again with excellent staff.
If you want to get a lounger on the front get down there early and put your towel down -very german I know but the Russians seemed to do it so if you cant beat them join them. Also the shows in the evening were great fun for the children and the entertainment team while we were there worked tirelessly - albeit in Swedish - but the kids got the jist of it!
The guys at the crepe bar were also excellent - one of them hunted high and low for a lemon for our pancakes which was much appreciated.
Its worth tipping them early in your holiday as they will then look after you (not that they wouldn't anyway) but bear in mind these guys (there are no Egyptian women working there for some reason) earn something like £10 a week if that. Its worth taking lots of £1 or E1 coins to tip with as they can change them up.
In summation - an excellent holiday which I would not hesitate in recommending to others especially those with children. We will be back next year in greater numbers.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Richard H
Vanessa_Meeuwenoord1, Manager at Sunwing Waterworld Makadi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our resort. We all appreciate you complimenting our product and service and are very pleased that you enjoyed your holiday.
The entire team is looking forward to your next stay.
Please be assured that the team will provide you with our utmost efforts of service and hospitality to guarantee you a fabulous vacation.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Great holiday for the wifes 40th with our two children (6 & 3)
Overall our experience here was excellent and we would definately return.
Food very good, rooms big, staff very good!
Two issues- had to pay for a kettle in the room -5*? And the second week we were inundated with Russians who left there manners back in Moscow!
Would definately return tho and have been recommending it to friends!

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Bobby-mooney
Vanessa_Meeuwenoord1, Manager at Sunwing Waterworld Makadi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

The team at Sunwing Waterworld would like to thank you for your comments, and the chance to serve you on your holiday.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve in future holidays and look forward to your requests.
Best regards,