I chose this hotel because of Tripadvisor reviews. Terrible! My expectations were shocked.
1st. A specificly asked for ground floor in my booking. Of course they booked 1st floor and I needed 30 min to rebook.
2nd. I arrive to a hotel after allnight trip. 13 hours travel time. Of course no food available. So I went to the beach and eat later. At 6pm on the beach, my daughter got hungry again. And again no food available nowhere! Even no shop to buy anything. What kind of allinclusive is that? I came no relax from my job, not to check clock all the thime and think what to do, so that I don't stay hungry.
3rd. Rooms were mayby 5* like 15 years ago. Aircondition is so loud, I couldn't sleep. Bathroom is way too small for 5*. Rooms are very clean, but outdated.
4. Internet. 10€ per day... For wifi available only in lobby? Terrible.
5. Food quality is bad. Food standard was frozen like 30 years ago. Please offer some healthy food for those who knows what is healthy. No bottled water available anywhere except 1 per day per person.
I still loved my vacation, I had great time. But please people, be objective! And please take away at least 1 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stella Di Mare Makadi Beach Resort & Spa is located in the prominent Makadi Bay area, on Egypt's beautiful Red Sea Riviera. Makadi is a peaceful bay with many opportunities for snorkeling and scuba diving. The semi-tropical climate makes this both a summer and winter resort. With its warm, healthy climate and the beauties of the coral reefs, this is a place to delight sun seekers and water sports enthusiasts alike. Makadi Bay is a convenient 25km south of Hurghada International Airport. The location makes it easy to access the town of Hurghada, and there are many other notable places of interest nearby, such as the island of Giftun, which is a Marine National Park, where desert and marine life are protected by law. In fact, much of the Red Sea area has a protected status. The Stella Makadi Resort & Spa is situated on a white sandy beach, and has a spectacular house reef very close by, which guests may use for snorkeling. In addition to the natural beauty of its setting, the resort has the advantage of many facilities and services to ensure a holiday that offers a wide choice of activities. There is a Spa and Health club, a shopping mall and a discotheque, to name just a few Stella Makadi Resort & Spa guests are assured of dedicated service, with all their needs taken care of in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Stella Di Mare Beach Resort & Spa Makadi Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay