3,114 results
All reviewsbeach barlong jettymain restaurantfishanimation teamindian restaurantquiet poolwave poola la carte restaurantspastagreat holidaycoral reefice creamsoft drinksfussy eatercleaned every dayvisited this hotel
Reviewed January 9, 2013

xmas at stella gardens great food brill staff brill clean great rooms swimming pools lovely will go back just told my brother about it he getting a price for easter top hotel made our xmas we went 24/12/12 returned 1/1/13 shopping centre in hotel good quality goods we purchased leather goods food was on some where all the time

Room Tip: we had 3 rooms all great by alovely pool 651 652 653 great
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ann c
Viviane R, P.A. to General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Resort & Spa Makadi Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Stella Makadi Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post your precious feedback on TripAdvisor.

We greatly appreciate all guest comments that constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay as well as the Christmas Celebration.
We place great value on your continued relationship with Stella Makadi and looking forward to welcome you for joining Easter celebration.

Sincerely
Viviane Riad

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Food was good and enjoyed facilities at sister hotel. Did not visit the spa. Facilities, entertainment and trips were varied, do as little or as much as you want.

Room Tip: Room 1528 at the sea end of the complex with shaded balcony and direct sea view. Two queen beds.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvia H
Viviane R, P. A. to General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Resort & Spa Makadi Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Stella Makadi Resort and Spa on TripAdvisor.

It’ was truly a pleasure serving you; we appreciate recommending the resort to other travellers and glad that you enjoyed the services provided.

Acknowledging some of the staff members was so motivating.

We place great value for your continued relationship with Stella Makadi and looking forward to welcome you back.

Viviane Riad

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We booked this holiday based on reviews on tripadvisor. It was based on the great facilities it provided for children. It did not disappoint.
Check in was smooth and quick. I had emailed the hotel to request a cot and when we got to the room they had put an extra bed, this was quickly rectified.
The main buffet restaurant has a lot of food choice, even for veggies like us. It is a bit chaotic as the hotel is big and a lot of guests but tables are always. They have different themed nights so the food is slickly varied every night. For my son Sanjay at the Indian restaurant was a great help as he made some daal and rice for him on most evenings we were there. The food the Indian restaurant was really good. The Lebanese was ok, there are no veggie options but they did make something for us.
Every night there is a kiddies disco at 7.30pm which my son loved. It's mainly in German but my almost 2 year old didn't care. The animation team for the children are really good at entertaining the kids and ensuring they have a great time.
The evening entertainment is otherwise ok.
The grounds are really well kept and floors are spotless, my sons clothes hardly got dirty.
There are 2heated pools, the water was just ok.
We spent more time on the beach. The sand is stony and a bit coarse. The tour guide people came and went quickly.
We walked along the peer to the snorkelling area. We saw some fish but not that many. My husband went snorkelling and saw more but we have been to much better snorkelling places in the world.
We went for a massage as well at the spa after negotiating a better price. The massages were good.
I took my soon to the kids club almost daily as he loved it. He liked doing drawing, playing on the slides, playing with the soft toys. The teachers are really good. Most of the kids are German or Russian which didn't matter to me.
We went for ice cream everyday and Ahmed and khalid the 2 ice cream guys are great and played with my son whenever they saw him.
We took the bus to stella gardens. We did not like it there so didn't go back. Atmosphere better where we were staying.
The New Years party was really good. Music and entertainment was good. The food was good but not much for veggies but a huge range of desserts.
With this hotel we to what we paid for and slightly more.
We would stay here a gain.

Room Tip: Pick rooms in block 5 or 6 as in quieter area
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and i had a great holiday from the 7.12.12 - 21.12.12. The hotel is very clean and comfortable The towels and sheets were changed daily and our room was kept spotless. The food was very good with a wonderful choice of restaurants. Our favourite was the Indian where Amr always made us feel very welcome and the indian chef took great pride in his food.The Italian was also a favourite of ours and Ibriham made sure we enjoyed our evening.There are many pools, but we spent our days on the beach, no need to bring beach towels,as they are provided.We ate lunch at the beach bar and there was always a good choice of salad, fruit,burgers,chicken pasta,pizza and chips.and Mahmoud gave us great service and was a;ways friendly and helpful..All the staff are friendly and can't do enough to help you, and want you to enjoy your stay there. Do expect to tip, they never ask for it but is is expected there, and they deserve it as everyone works so hard.10 egyptian pounds is worth about £1, We, being English, were in the minority as most of the guests were Russian and German,. The Egyptians seemed to really like the English and most of the staff spoke the language.To the right of the beach are the quads. We went quading three times as we loved it. You can also go camel and horse riding.Boat trips are also available, and you will be informed about these on the beach, along with the treatments available in the spa.After our two weeks there we really didn't want to leave and will be returning this year for sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Vivienne E
Reviewed January 3, 2013

perfect holiday relaxing different nationalitys but no problems plenty of space in dining rooms and round pools and very good la carte restaurants a few shops an no mcdonalds

3  Thank Derek L