Al Nabila Grand Bay Makadi
$155
$92
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort(Makadi Bay)
$99
  • Pool
Prima Life Makadi(Makadi Bay)
$94
$73
$230
$80
  • Breakfast included
Iberotel Makadi Beach(Makadi Bay)
$352
$276
Agoda.com
Steigenberger Makadi(Makadi Bay)
$91
$81
Travelocity
All reviewsfishanimation teamplay volleyballbig areafire showbeautiful territoryhotel stuffunderwater worldbig thanksbeautiful holidaymain buildingsea viewsharm elsandy beachdolphin housebeach barthe bell boy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were here at the period 14.9-21.9.2012. Everything was great; great staff, great beach, very clean hotel, food was ok.
When I came home i discovered that something worth is missing in my luggage.
It was new swimmwear, worth 60 euro, which i was sure i put them into my bag.
The problem is that we had to put our luggage in front of our door of the room when we left the hotel the last day. The room-cleaner was very friendly to us during our stay, the last day he asked us at what time are we leaving. When we go to the reception to check out from the hotel I saw him walking towards our room, where our luggage were prepared for porter to bring it to the reception. He smiled and greeted us and i couldn't mind that time that he could steal something.
When i came home i was quite sure that he stole my swimwear out of my bag.
Be ware of your luggage!
I will definetly not go to this hotel anymore, except everything other was great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mike a
Reviewed September 28, 2012

When I see negative comments about Al Nabila, I must write my experience even if I never wrote any comments before.
Since my doughter had 1 year, we use to travel to Egypt every year. We started with another 2 hotels (one in Hurghada, the other in Taba), but after discovering Al Nabila, we did not need to go to another hotel. Therefore we were in Al NAbila already the fourth year. In Al Nabila we feel like at home. It is true that I use to be polite with everyone, and maybe therefore also other people are nice to me. We never had any problem in Al Nabila that would not be solved.

Reception: People in reception are very heplfull, in case you miss something in the room, or you have some problem, they are always there to help you. People in reception speak a lot of languages: english, german, italian, russian, czech, and I do not know which others....As we are from Slovakia, our contact person was Fathy, who speaks also Czech. Even if I told him that I speak english, he always tried to speak with czech language which is easier to understand for us....Also the other people at reception are very polite and helpfull: Amgad, Ahmed,....
But special thank for Fathy, who for example helped us also in case of mistake of travel agency, when our travel guide was not willing to help us, but Fathy helped us even if it was not his job.

Rooms: We were already both in bungalows and in main building as well. Bungalows are bigger, the bathroom is incredibly big. But also rooms are big in comparison with our small flats at home (but this was in all hotels I was in Egypt). Very nice view from rooms. It is nice to sit on the balcony or terrace in the evening.

Restaurant: We prefer to eat in main restaurant. A lot of food, you can always choose something. Always some fruits, a lot of cakes, .... Just potatos were sometimes not well cooked if I want to find some negatives as well. :-) Restaurant personal is promptly taking away used dishes, we had no problems here as well...

Beach: Very nice beach which does not need any other comments, good for babies, good for snorchling, ... Just music sometimes too loud. But you can choose the beach with reef and there is no music.

I try too remember some negatives, for sure there were some small, but I do not spend my holidays to count problems. I travel to spend nice time and I always did. With smile on the face every problem will be solved. I saw some angry russians screaming at reception at the poor reception guy that they really need every paper to be writen in cyrillic (azbuka). I can imagine that such people can write really angry bad comments about Al Nabila, cause they will write bad comments about every hotel. :-)

Summary:
The most important for me is the beach, nice and helpful people in hotel and clean place to sleep.
For my holidays I really try to choose the best place to have the best holidays. And I will choose Al Nabila also next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Jarmila J
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I spent 1 week in the Al Nabila Hotel from 05 – 12 September 2012, with my 2 friends, and loved every minute of it.

I was offered this hotel by my Egyptian friends, who said it is a “very fantastic” one. I checked on the internet for all of the information that I could find, and after reading many very bad reviews including here on Tripadvisor we decided to avoid this hotel. After several months of searching for the most suitable hotel in Hurghada area we decided not to care about the bad reviews and give the hotel a go. I was most interested in the coral reefs and the remote location; the food and the room was not our priority.

I couldn’t be happier that I chose this hotel. I was satisfied with everything, and the bad reviews make me think that some people are just so miserable and cannot enjoy themselves even in an excellent place such as this. They are probably just too picky and should stay at home.
The majority of the guests were Russians, Czech, Italians and Egyptians.

We are Hungarians but have been living in London for almost 4 years now and working in tourism I know the differences between 5-star hotels in different countries. Having been to Egypt a few times before I am prepared to rate the Al Nabila as 3 stars maximum. I was very wrong! For us the hotel really deserves 4.5 stars.

Everyone from the hotel staff with whom we have been in contact or chatting with was incredibly kind and helpful, and I believe that if you have a friendly and smiley attitude you will get back the same response, Egyptians are really welcoming and try to comfort you to have a memorable holiday.

Reception: during the one week there we always received the help we needed. Sometimes the guys were really busy at the desk and apologised, asking us to wait a couple of minutes. We hadn’t got a problem with it. Just one day before the departure I reported in the evening that the water heater was leaking a little in my bathroom, and although it was not disturbing me it could be a problem later on. When I returned to my room after a few hours it was repaired, and even the light-bulb had been changed even though I hadn’t reported it as not working. Therefore, reception and maintenance gets the best marks from me. We were also amazed that the receptionists are speaking 4 – 5 languages fluently. Thanks for Shedy, Fathy, Amgad & Hossam; we felt valued as guests at the hotel and their big smile was always comforting.

Limousine service: we used private cars a few times to get into Hurghada and the Senzomall, and tried our best to negotiate the prices with Hassan. Our drivers were always really kind and we felt safe – Ibrahim, Mohamed and Ahmed cared about us.

Restaurants: we always used the main restaurant and after the reviews here we were prepared for the “pushy/rude Russians” who take everything. Here, we had just good experiences. There were no fights whatsoever to get food or a table. We could go at any time for the meals and always had a table straightaway. Even 15 minutes before the end of service there was a lot of food available. We only ever had to queue a couple of minutes for the most popular and freshly made dishes like omelette, pancakes, kofte etc. or to get the drinks. It wasn’t a problem at all. We always found a lot of variety in every course, and picky eaters could fill their tummies easily too. The F & B Restaurant Manager, Mohamed Faisal, asked us several times whether everything was okay, and if we needed anything. We always saw him chatting with the guests whilst keeping a general eye on everything. Our waiters (Milad, Emad, Mahmoud) at the table were really nice and we always sat in the same area.

Cincinatti Bar: we only popped in few times as we are not big drinkers really, but the warm hosting style from Badawy & Mohamed kept us there for longer than planned.

Aurora Bar: the surroundings are amazing; an excellent place to chill and chat.

Beach: amazing, gorgeous, excellent location! We always found sunbeds, Mohamed the “towel guy” came to chat few times with us and it was good to find out more from the hotel and Hurghada. The guys who were working on the beach did care about the cleanliness, I was happy to see it. Some of the guests couldn’t make the few steps to the bins, which is sad, but staff picked up all the leftover rubbish. The sea and the coral reefs are wonderful! We went snorkelling every day and made a lot of photos and videos. The best time to go is in the early morning before 7 o’clock. We saw many more fishes at this time including some very big ones. Try to take an underwater camera with yourselves. I bought one in London beforehand, but saw it in the Senzomall, and of course, it was cheaper in Egypt. (Kodak digital)

Room: we stayed in bungalows, which was really good. I wouldn’t mind to live there forever. :o) It was big, clean and comfortable, and the cleaners made a good job every day. Everything that we needed was there and worked properly.

Horus Spa: at the beach Hassan sold us a 1-hour Egyptian massage, offering a few minutes trial from himself in the process. We were satisfied with the service, and few days later went back again to get massage.

Overall: I will go back very soon for sure with more friends. For me, this was the best beach holiday I have ever had! Everything is there that I need; kind, welcoming staff, good food, heat and sunshine and the best beach in Hurghada. I liked all the surroundings, and the gardens and they really try to maintain the hotel and keep it at a high standard.
We were very happy with the choice of hotel. I have already recommended it to my friends and colleagues.

If you are going there don’t leave your smile at home, because then you will get the best response. Believe me!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank ErikaFr
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel is like a chaos. The room was frayed, dusty and dirty. We have booked a three bed room, but in the room was only two bed. There was no electricity in the room, and the safe did not work. The staff is very rude. The people at the reception are not helpful. The front of the hotel looks like a garbage heap, the only positive thing is the beach, which was very good. The food was terrible. There was no free table at the dinner. In the restaurant there was no plates and cutleries . We had to wait a lot to get this things. The food was scarce in the restaurant because the russians ate like locusts. It is so sad, but i have to say this is the worst hotel i've ever been.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank JohnnyX1975
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I've just returned from a short trip to Hurghada where I stayed at Alnabila Grand Makadi hotel and resort. The place is terrible!!!!! very poor adminstration that made my holiday a hell!!! The perfect location and good food were lost due to absence of cleanliness and maintenance. The rooms are terrible: dirty sheets and bed covers, poor air condition, dirty bathrooms, stinky towels, unknown disguisting smell coming from bathrooms, most probably because of poor drainage system. The Front Office is offering NO help at all as the gentlemen working there are not professionally trained. I regret paying such amount of money for no service in return. I don't recommend this place at all. It is a shame to Egyptian tourism industry.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family