“Great place to stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Woodbridge
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Avenel
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The whole experience with this particular hotel was awesome. Very accommodating, clean and the staff was extremely friendly. Parking and continental breakfasy included, which the food was adaquate. I would definatley reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 21, 2013

came for one night to visit family with my husband, sister in law, and infant son.
The room itself was very big and clean (we got a double executive) the hotel is smaller so no matter what room you are in youre close to the elevators.
I didnt go into the pool/whirlpool, but the smell of it hit me in the lobby the moment I walked in, I took a peek and it looked nice, there was a family enjoying it when I looked.
they have a direct t.v for the cable, I accidentally turned it off while watching something and it took at least five minutes to boot up again which was annoying but not terrible.
It's close to the airport but we didnt hear too many planes, which was nice.
The only thing that really annoyed me honestly was the fact that to get into the hotel if you are coming from the opposite side of the road you need to find some place to turn around. It's not the hotels fault, but the divider in the middle of the road makes it so you can only come into the hotel with it being on your right, which if you are not from the area is a little confusing.
All and all a good stay, the night staff was nice. The biggest plus was even though there was a very large group of people from a tour bus the noise level was almost non existent, and the free breakfast in the morning was good. Fresh coffee, very nice fruit, delicious muffins, and yogurt ect. I would come again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel. The front desk staff was very personable, friendly and efficient. The lobby was attractive and well appointed. Our king room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was quite spacious and very cle. The toiletry items were basic. Our room faced a junk yard behind the building, which was fine by us since we did not get any highway noise. Very peaceful night's sleep. Their complimentary breakfast had a decent selection of items hot and cold.

We were in the area to go to a club that was about a 20 minute drive away. We selected this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews, cost and proximity to the club. While there were other hotels closer, weighing all of these factors, this was the best choice. We were not disappointed and would come back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ArcheryFamily-NJ
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were on our way back to Ireland after a long drive from Florida, wanted to have a 3 days break near NewYork so chose this hotel because of location. The hotel is simple but comfortable with all the basic ammenities i.e. Swimming Pool, Gym, Kitchen Area, office Area etc. Staff is friendly and co-operative.
Overall It was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SangraC
Reviewed January 1, 2013

First off I'll say staying at this hotel, I didn't have any issues with the noise level. It was a comfortable night. I always opt for higher floors to avoid the noise from foot and vehicle traffic. In addition to that I noted I couldn't hear any noise from adjoining rooms, except for when people walked past my door.

With that said I noted a lot of the people who reviewed this hotel spoke about the friendliness of the staff. I had checked out this hotel prior to my trip and I figured since I was only going to be staying at the hotel for 2 nights and was expected to be out and about in NYC for the most part, that I can ignore this. Unfortunately it doesn’t matter how long one is gonna be at a hotel, courtesy counts and staff friendliness was a huge reason to why I only stayed one night.

I do appreciate that they offer the shuttle, but even with a pre–arranged pick up the shuttle was really late. I was the only one being picked up, and I remember thinking maybe they were waiting for other people or maybe the hotel is very far from the airport. I asked the shuttle driver how far it was and was surprised at how short of a drive it is compared to the time I had to sit there and wait for the shuttle to get to the Newark Airport.

At the hotel, the rooms were not ready and even when they showed me to a room, there were hairs on the sink and the towels and I was so not gonna stay there. The lady at the desk wasn’t very willing to move me, but I wasn’t having it and they finally moved me to another one which was definitely cleaner.

The first morning, I stopped at the dining room for breakfast. I was a tad late so when I got my breakfast it was shortly before 10 a.m. I went back to get some salt and the lady told me it’s after 10. I only wanted a packet of salt, how hard can it be to get me one……she did finally get it for me, but after much grumbling. That for me was just ridiculous!

By then it was time to move elsewhere; I logged into Marriott’s website and looked up another hotel in NYC and checked out.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Marc M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Ladysons:

I am glad that you experienced no issues with noise during your stay. We are fortunate in that our location is both central (adjacent to Route 1/9, a major highway) and relatively quiet. I am also happy to hear that you were able to go into New York City easily.

The issues that you had do concern me. Our hotel is only 10 miles from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR); usually the trip from the hotel to the airport is 20-30 minutes, but (a) traffic can greatly affect that travel time, and (b) the shuttle driver may have been on another run.

I do apologize for any perceived lack of caring on the part of our staff. As you point out, others generally comment on TripAdvisor about the friendliness (and helpfulness) of our staff. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in this regard.

Please contact me before any future stays at our hotel and I will personally see to it that your trip is as pleasant as those experienced by other people here!

Marc Miller

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here for Thanksgiving night in a clean, spacious room with 2 double beds, with husband and 2 sons, ages 18 and 20. Requested a rollaway bed on internet website and also called hotel directly a week before our stay to ask the likelihood we would get a rollaway bed, as they are not guarenteed. Was told that it was highly likely we could get one. When we arrived (around 9 pm), front desk said they didn't have any. So one son slept on the floor as he didn't want to share a double bed with his brother, understandable, given they are both 6" medium/large builds and would barely fit in a double together. In future trips to NJ, if we need three sleeping surfaces, I would book elsewhere and not take the chance the rollaway will be available. Room was very large, clean; breakfast was crowded but amount & quality of food was more than adequate, and price was good as well. If they could guarentee the rollaways (or at least tell you in advance that one will definitely not be available), I would book here again, otherwise I will probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Marc M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear JosephineBreadBaker:

First, great screen name!

Thank you very much for pointing out the positive attributes of your stay, including the room size, complimentary breakfast, and other items.

I am sorry about the lack of a roll-away when you arrived, despite our not guaranteeing that it would be available. We are hosting many families who lost their entire homes during Hurricane Sandy, and as a result don't have as many roll aways as we would like.

One option for those needing three beds would be our Executive Double Suites, which have two double-size beds and a fold out sofa bed.

If you are traveling through the New York/New Jersey area in the future please get in touch with me at MMiller@WoodbridgeSuites.com so that we can truly guarantee a comfortable stay for you and your family.

Marc Miller

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had arranged a hotel stay when we had a connection flight to Newark Airport with points. They were suppose to pick up us at the airport and after 5 calls and major attitude from the receptionist (well it is a complimentary shuttle-what do you expect). We ended up canceling - after an hour of waiting-and going to another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank candid1008
Marc M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Candid:

I am sorry to hear about your poor experience with our Front Desk Associate. We do pride ourselves in providing outstanding customer service (as you can read on most of the other reviews of our hotel). The complimentary shuttle to and from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is an important service that we offer to our guests.

Please contact me directly at MMiller@WoodbridgeSuites.com if you would like to discuss this further. We would like to show you our better side!

Marc MIller
Sales Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Avenel
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
#1 of 1 in Kenilworth
1 mi away
Best Western Riverview Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Woodbridge Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Woodbridge? Share your experiences!