We wanted to explore new york and chose this hotel because it was in our budget whereas new york hotels were overpriced. At the time of check-in we were told that due to some reason they did not receive any confirmation from Marriott website about our stay whereas I booked the hotel 2-3 days in advance and got confirmation mail also. Not only this I called the hotel atleast twice before coming to let them know about our arrival. Somehow they had one last king bedroom left which they gave to us. Room was terribly hot. When we called at the front desk, they said it will take sometime for the room to cool down. We waited around 20-25 mins but still had hard luck with the AC. When we started going down from 6th floor we heard fire alarm and left the elevator at 4th floor and came down by staircase. We were told building needs to be evacuated. Since it was terribly hot outside, we sat in our car for what seemed an eternity before everything went back to normal. After going back in we again complained about AC and this time a guy came to fix it, he couldn't fix it so they changed our room however in this new room one light bulb was not working. We called again at the front desk and asked them to fix it next morning as we were not in a hurry. Internet was also not working which they said was because of heat wave however it started working automatically in couple of hours.
We specifically booked this hotel because of their shuttle facility otherwise we already had holiday inn booked that we cancelled later because it didn't have shuttle service. However it turned out to be not useful at all. In the morning we told them 30 mins in advance about needing the shuttle however we received it after 1 hr 15 mins. Also the same night when we were coming back from new york, we called 45 minutes in advance. Still we were made to wait at rahway station for 35 minutes. It was getting pretty scary over there and lots of suspicious looking people were hovering around on streets. My husband & I were the only 2 people there waiting for shuttle. After we gave up our hopes we called for a taxi and only at that time shuttle arrived. Driver was very rude & adamant. When the driver told us he got late because he was doing some other work and hotel staff knew this already still he asked for this driver and couldn't arrange another driver, we were furious. Front desk guy when talked to, apologized but we couldn't take the risk of spoiling our trip so next day we went to new york by our own car. We didn't want to be on mercy of their shuttle service. Breakfast was inadequate. The lady who was taking care of breakfast bar seemed she did not like her job. She was giving bread to people from the canteen inside only when asked to. There was no bread kept in the breakfast bar itself. Cinnamon rolls were stone hard & fruits were too limited in quantity. Overall, we wouldn't like to stay in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel have standard rooms, executive rooms and suites. Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast, Wifi, Airport Shuttle, shuttle to Rahway Train Station (to New York City), and shuttle to certain local restaurants and local businesses. Free parking. Hotel is located 8 miles from Newark International Airport, less than 1 mile from Woodbridge Mall and local shopping, 1/2 mile from Rahway train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Woodbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Woodbridge
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Woodbridge Hotel Avenel
- Fairfield Inn Woodbridge
- Fairfield Inn Avenel
- Fairfield Avenel
- Avenel Fairfield Inn