“Not as good as it once was”
Review of Bud's Hut - CLOSED

Bud's Hut
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Our chefs take pride in preparing the finest quality steak, seafood, & shellfish to your liking. From our extensive fish market menu, to our famous Delmonico steaks, a truly delectable taste experience is in store for you. In addition to the regular menu, we offer a large lunch menu and a children’s menu for younger dining guests. We strive to deliver value and quality in every meal that we serve.
Avenel, New Jersey
“Not as good as it once was”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I still like their steaks and its one of the few places that know how to cook scallops properly. But the prices are a bit high considering the amount of food you get. when i go out to eat i look for good food at a reasonable price, and good service. A clean restroom is also a big plus. The food is good, the price is high, the service is very good, but the restroom not as clean as a restaurant restroom should be.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank marty854

Colonia, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bud's Hut dinner”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Overpriced, mediocre appetizer & entry. Atmosphere is old with a loud karaoke bar next to the dinning room. Service was a little slow & manager took a few bucks off a dinner for a too fatty steak. Now I remember why we stopped going there years ago.

“Long wait for Dinner”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband, our friends, and I went here last night for dinner. There was no waiting to be seated because there were only two other tables being used. We sat down and about 10 minutes later another party came in. Now mind you there was only four tables occupied and one waitress. We got our salads, drinks and bread within 10 minutes. However, when it came time for our dinner, the waitress served the two tables and the party that came after us their dinners. We waited from 6pm till 7:15pm for our food. The waitress keep coming over saying the kitchen was backed up. They had to call in another cook. The place wasn't even busy!! My husband's steak was medium rare instead of medium well and I had to wait for my baked potato and that wasn't done till I finished my meal. We were NOT happy at all. It was over priced and a bad service by the kitchen. We DO NOT recommend this place at all.

• Visited June 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“A nice change from the chain restaurants”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The people at the hotel nearby recommended this place since we like to try mom and pop restaurants rather than chains when on the road. I ate here two nights while in the area. The place is nothing fancy and the salad and seafood a bit bland. We sat in the dining room but the bar area seemed a bit more lively. It was within walking distance of my hotel.

• Visited May 2013
“Run Down - Good NY Strip”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This place has seen better days. A definite smell when you first enter the building. Get used to it pretty quickly though.

I was here on a Wednesday and the dining room was closed. Plenty of seating in the bar area. Only a few customers.

Ordered a 14 ounce New York strip steak. Was a little nervous. Price wasn't in line with the ambience of the restaurant. Turned out to be a pretty good steak. Salad wasn't bad either. Baked potato had seen better days.

Waiter was young and poorly groomed. Was nice enough though. Not too attentive but I'm okay with that.

Wouldn't take a date here or bring business clients to this restaurant. But if you're by yourself and in the area at least the New York strip steak was good. I wouldn't dare vouch for any of the other items on the menu.