“Don't waste your money!!!”

Travelodge Avenel Woodbridge
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Avenel
NM CT
“Don't waste your money!!!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed here on business, last minute, nothing else available in the area. Needed two rooms, there was 3 of us. So this wasn't one isolated room experience. Rooms were filthy, holes in walls, no sheets or blanket on bed. Asked for them at desk no one arrived. Bathrooms disgusting, dirty, cracks in tub, mirror cracked.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Helen B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed September 22, 2012

when i used to go to this hotel i always found a guy at the front desk he is really nice n always made sure i have a nice room the ppl r friendly but when it comes the building it really look old and also the carpets on the hallways they might need to change those

Room Tip: if you are going there with your girl ask for a room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank design a
Colonia, New Jersey
Reviewed February 8, 2012

First C/O..Front desk : bad manners..unprofessional..hallways stinks.. old bldg.. carpet dirty........
We arrived w/o reservation but I was told no needed due to plenty of rooms. Fine. but I was over charged due to for two adults. fine. dont want to argue. we were tired driving from florida. so, got to our room the "Stupid kid" gave us one bed only, So, I asked why, obviously we need two beds. He said, well, you didn't ask for two beds.. OMG. I wanted to smack this kid. So, he changed the order but the price went up again due to for two beds requested.. Thats it ... I lost it.. and cancelled my room.. I rathered sleep in my car...Never, never again..

Room Tip: more quieter room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Avenel hotels

Israel
Reviewed January 8, 2012

OK - I admit - we booked this hotel based on price without checking the reviews first. Result - we arrived, paid - and walked out without staying when we saw the room.
All we needed was a clean, decent place to stay the night en route on a joint business trip.
I guess I am just too naive as I should have realized that the "tell-tale" signs were not good.
The reception is in fact a person behind glass - warning number one.
I guess the signs saying "No visitors allowed" should also have been a warning...

We checked in and paid - and I said to my husband - let's look at the room before unloading the stuff from the car.
We walked along a dingy corridor - to open the room's door - only to find a large bed facing us with a huge mirror behind it and another mirror on the ceiling. The carpet looked yucky.
It is sufficient to say that we didn't even cross the threshold - and went straight back to our car and drove off - the first time I have ever done this anywhere in the world. This was a big mistake as we had already paid by credit card and booking.com would not refund and nor would the hotel.
To summarize - we lost our payment and we drove off at 10PM to find a better, more respectable environment.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Sam_from_Israel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avenel
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
#2 of 2 in Carteret
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
#2 of 3 in Iselin

Been to Travelodge Avenel Woodbridge? Share your experiences!