Aqua Vista is, together with Aqua Blue and Beachalbatros Garden, situated in the second line from the seashore. It’s a quite new (4-year-old) building. Out of those three hotels, Aqua Vista is definitely the least impressive one when it comes to the view from outside but it is the best one when you get inside.
Aqua Vista has large swimming pools which are beautifully designed, with bridges and a shallow shore from one side which makes it feel like you’re on the beach. There’s loads of loungers, and some four-poster beds. You don’t have to take your own towels from home as there is a towel box by the swimming pool and each guest can get a towel and change it throughout the stay. You can take the towels to the beach as well. There are bars and restaurants along the pools and they constitute separate buildings with outdoor terraces. Big swimming pools, restaurants and straw umbrellas made the hotel areas spacy and more beautiful than in two other hotels.
In order to get to the beach you can take the bus that goes there every half an hour (though it is not that regular), the journey takes about 8 min, or go on foot for about 15 min which is very pleasant as the weather was not that exhausting. I love sun but it is hard for me to stand hot temperatures. In Egipt I had no problems with that – 40 Celsius degrees is hot but it is so windy there that you can really breath easily without sweating too much. The beach belongs to Beachalbtros Hotel and looks really nice and clean, however one day we couldn’t stand the wind that caused dust and sand flying everywhere so most times we spent time at the lovely hotel poolsJ Next to the beach, there was another beach belonging to Albatros Palace and there was a small but really nice reef. It is worth going there to observe colorful fish etc. There isn’t any town center around the hotel but you can use the area of all three hotels so you definitely won’t get bored. Hurghada is just 15 minutes away by taxi and it is the best transport though we obviously had to bargain. The price should be 4-6 dollars one way depending on the number of people going. Hurghada itself is not so nice and it is definitely best to go there in the evening, but it has a beautiful marina with boats, bars etc.
Aqua Vista consists of six three-floor buildings of about 40 rooms. We got a beautiful room in building number 4 with a wonderful view on the pool area, restaurants and even the sea in the background. The balcony was spacy and so was the room, there’s a safe in each room, the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was modern and clean, wasn’t shabby. There was a hair-dryer in the bathroom of course (if you want to use it as it takes 5 minutes to dry hair outsideJ) Once a small lizard appeared in our room and we couldn’t reach it beacause it was on the ceiling, but we treated it as an adventure;-)
In general, people from the service were very nice and most of them spoke English. The rooms were cleaned every day, accurately enough to satisfy guests. The barmen and waiters were very nice and friendly, though sometimes seemed exhausted and sluggish probably because of the Ramadan. The pools were kept clean all the time.
There are animations only in Fench but you can attend international animations is Aqua Blue just 200 meters far. There are some parties and shows and one will definitely pick someone for themselves. Anyway, the French animations were nice, too with songs and dances etc. However, other nationalities rather didn’t take part in games and events because of the language barrier. If you want to go to a bigger club, you can pay and go by bus which is organized twice a week by the international animation team. The club’s name is Havana and it’s quite nice if you like parties. If you just want to see it, I wouldn’t recommend it. Mix of people and prices makes it not worth it unless you want to go crazy in the foam.
Definitely the greatest plus of hotel Aqua Vista is food. There were four restaurants: Asian, Italian, Fish and one general. The food was excellent and choice very wide – from soups and main dishes to desserts and cakes. Everything was delicious.
Unfortunately, there were some minuses of this stay as well. Firstly, we had to call room service a few times. We got a defective safe and after the first intervention, everything seemed to work fine. But one evening it broke down again and we couldn’t open it. The problem was that all the money and telephones were in the safe. At the reception we heard that opening the safe would be possible only at ten in the morning next day. I was very nervous so I asked them firmly and they somehow managed to open it in the evening. After that, we stopped using the safe. Then another day we couldn’t close the door so we called for someone. He came and clattered a few times, closed the door and we thought it was fine. Next morning it was worse – we couldn’t open the door and get out. We called the room service and waited almost an hour until he forced the door. He had to change the lock and we were barely on time for breakfast.
I wouldn’t recommend the shops in the hotel area as it is difficult to get normal price. It is better to buy souvenirs at the airport – there’s a great choice and prices are ok. If you decide to buy something in a shop by the hotel, be extra-careful as the shopkeepers tend to swindle.
In Aqua Vista, most guests were French and Russian, there were more Poles in Aqua Blue. Russians often didn’t care about the queue at the bars or restaurants which could be annoying even for me (as I usually don’t care about various national habits). The Poles happened to be very rude to us, drunk and shouting. Pity. Another thing is that everyone from the three hotels could use the area of all the pools. Because the pool area of Aqua Vista was the best, a lot of people were coming from other swimming pools. As a result, we couldn’t find a free four-poster beds after breakfast. Nevertheless, there were loads of very nice loungers so it wasn’t a very big problem.
A bigger problem was (though I didn’t hear about it before) the fact that Aqua Vista, Aqua Blue and Beachalbatros Garden’s guests were allowed to use only one third of the beach. The rest was reserved for Beachalbatros’ guests. It wasn’t too much space for us…
Smaller disadvatages were: slippery floor at the swimming pools (my brother almost broke his toe, had to call insurance company, pay 15 dollars for the phone call before he went to the doctor, fortunately, the medical service was of high standard), material curtain instead of glass door at the shower – a little unhygienic, and cleaning service waking us up by loudly knocking early in the morning, even though we hanged the information “don’t disturb”, they were tenacious. Anyway, they probably changed the people cause after a few days it stopped, though we didn’t complainJ
The last thing I want to mention are the excursions that we took. I wouldn’t recommend them. Giftun and snorkling was nice and worth it but do not rent any mask from them, I was accused of breaking it though I did not and they wanted me to pay shouting at me. It was horrible. Luxor was worse, not very well-organized with a nice guide though he had poor knowledge (unless he didn’t want to share it;-) All the products in the places that we visited were extremely expensive and not worth their prices. Lunch was extremely poor and not tasty. The same were the breakfast boxes that we got – we laughed when we saw them. I’m not exagerrating as I saw people’s boxes from other hotels – at least they were fresh.
All in all, Hotel Aqua Vista was brilliant and I had a wonderful time even in spite of those minuses. The area and food were so nice that the minuses were quickly forgotten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The modern 4* all inclusive resort captures the best of Egyptian charm and sun-drenched warmth. Located only 7 km from Hurghada International Airport and 15 km from the city center, Aqua Vista Resort & Spa offers all the comforts of a charming Red Sea resort with a unique combination of casual elegance and affordability. Whether you are planning a romantic get-away, an active holiday or a family vacation, here there is something for everyone. Set within the resort gardens and surrounded by 3 crystalline pools and towering palm trees, the Aqua Vista Resort & Spa has every amenity to relax and rejuvenate you, with our specialists offering treatments that skillfully blend ancient and modern practices. Let us enrich your visit to Hurghada with a memorable experience at the Aqua Vista Resort & Spa! Place: 15 km away from Hurgada center, second line, 700 m away from the beach (transportation provided) Room fund: 273 rooms Room types: - Standard Rooms - Family Rooms Room descriptions: Rooms feature balconies with pool or garden views. The 273 air-conditioned guest rooms at Aqua Vista Resort and Spa include mini bars and safe boxes. The beds have "pillow top mattresses", televisions are equipped with satellite channels and free movie channels. All accommodations provide desks and telephones. Bathrooms offer shower with handheld shower heads, makeup/shaving mirrors and hair dryers. In addition, amenities available on request include wake-up calls. Housekeeping is offered daily. Hotel infrastructure: At Aqua Vista Resort we will delight you with a wide choice of culinary varieties. Sample our sumptuous buffet with daily changing themes from all over the world. During the day, enjoy lunch, light meals or snacks in our poolside restaurants and bars. 4 restaurants are available: Italian, Asian, Oriental, Sea Food. Our dear guests can use the area of all three hotels: Aqua Vista, Sea World, Albatros Garden (aqua park, kid's slides and playgrounds, bard, swimming pools) Aqua Vista offers 24-hour front desk, safety deposit box, luggage storage, room service, business centre, babysitting/child services, laundry, dry cleaning, barber/beauty shop, ironing service, currency exchange, souvenirs/gift shop, bicycle rental, packed lunches, car hire, tour desk, fax/photocopying, ticket service, ATM/cash machine on site, concierge service, private check-in/check-out, shuttle service (surcharge), special diet menus (on request), vending machine (drinks), vending machine (snacks) and WiFi is available in public areas against charge. Paid services: Wi Fi Sport activities and entertaiment: Your attraction to the great outdoors is apparent by your presence here at Aqua Vista Resort & Spa, so you can be sure that our wide range of resort activities contains something to appeal to every age group and interest. Our sandy tennis court is a delight for tennis pros and amateurs alike! With the stunning views, light blue sky, and lush green fields that surround you, you may find it difficult to keep your eye on the ball! In addition to 5 sparkling pools, a tennis court, a mini golf course and garden chess, the resort offers a wide variety of unique and exciting activities to entertain everyone in the family. Our animation team has the creativity and resources to plan activities for the whole family. Our fitness room with latest equipment will help you work off your indulgent meals. After a hard day's play, a well-deserved massage or body treatment will help soothe your aching body and prepare you for tomorrow's adventure. Guests can enjoy sauna, steam bath and Jacuzzi before or after their treatment. A truly child-friendly resort, the Aqua Vista Resort & Spa offers a wide variety of formal and informal programs, activities and facilities for the entire family. Programs at the Kids' Club offer a wide variety of activities dedicated entirely to children. Developed with both the needs of kids and parents in mind, these programs and activities aim to create an enjoyable and fun family vacation for everyone. - Daily animation program - Evening shows - Live music For children: You want to make sure your children have plenty of fun on holiday? Our Aqua Vista Resort Resort makes a family holiday truly special. There is so much for younger guests to do and plenty to occupy them while parents relax. The Kids Club pulls out all the stops to make sure that the kids have plenty to keep them happy and busy during their stay with us. - Kids Club (4-12) - Kids playground - Kids mini aqua park - Swimming pools and water playground Restaurants: Oriental Restaurant "Si Omar" Enjoy the delicious Oriental food under the umbrella of our all inclusive concept offering breakfast from 07:00 hrs till 10:00 hrs, lunch from 12:30 hrs till 14:30 hrs and dinner from 18:30 hrs till 21:30 hrs. Our unique restaurant offers late breakfast from 10:00 hrs till 11:00 hrs. Italian Restaurant "Casanova" Enjoy the dinner at the Italian regional cuisine, this stylish specialty restaurant one of the Resort's most popular breakfast from 07:00 hrs till 10:00 hrs, lunch from 12:30 hrs till 14:30 hrs and dinner from 18:30 hrs till 21:30 hrs. Asian Restaurant "L’ ASIATIQUE" L’ Asiatique brings you the diverse flavors of the Asian cuisine to the shores of the Red Sea. With unmatched variety in use of ingredients and spices, serves dinner from 18:30 hrs till 21:30 hrs. Calamari Restaurant (Sea food) Nothing surpasses the experience of dining on fresh fish and shellfish after spending a day by poolside. Calamari 's wide selection of only the freshest seafood, expertly prepared to bring out the seafood's delicate and unique flavors is not to be missed. Open daily for dinner from 18:30 hrs till 21:30 hrs. Smart casual dress code applies. Beach: Aqua Vista guests use the beach of Beach Albatros 4*, which located on the first line. Sun beds, beach towels and umbrellas are for free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Aqua Vista Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Vista Hotel Hurghada
- Aqua Vista Resort And Spa