“Overpriced average food. Been to many and didn't impress”

Hard Rock Cafe Hurghada
Ranked #16 of 365 Restaurants in Hurghada
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Texican Mexican cuisine, World famous cocktails, State of the art Merchandises including casual wear,accessories and the world most iconic T-shirts. The most music related restaurant and Cafe world wide. It's simply where you experience authentic experiences.
York, United Kingdom
“Overpriced average food. Been to many and didn't impress”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Visited the Hard Rock Cafe whilst staying in Hurghada and was expecting the same as in London or Barcelona or any other as it's a chain. I was very disappointed with the steak which was dry and not cooked how I had asked. The only good part about the meal was the dessert (creme brûlée). We then received the bill to find a service charge had been added of around £7. I said I did not want to pay this to be told I had to. I am extremely disappointed that you would make people pay this service charge, it should be for people to offer it when good service is given. I will be writing to the head of hard rock to complain about this as it's disgusting. We should have least been told before ordering for being sat down. So sneaky.

• Visited July 2014
Sameh M, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe Hurghada, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your precious review which helps us stay one of the world most leading brand names in the field of hospitality.
We apologize for wrong cooking level of your steak and i can assure you that we are now investigating the issue to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Regarding the service charge, please allow me to inform you that it's a sovereign law to add the service charge and the sales tax to your bill.
We apologize for the inconvenience and on behalf of the team here, we wish to see you again at one of our Hard Rocks around the globe.

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Melsomvik, Norway
“When tired of not so good international food and drinks”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have been to Hurghada many times, and had my share of disappointments. Since you all know now, that Egypt is a muslim country, there are lots of things that just isn't like you're used to back home.
Restaurants have their own twist on international food. You never know what you're getting. The same goes with the drinks. Most egyptians don't drink alkohol, and have no knowledge of how to mix a proper drink...

Here's where Hard Rock Cafe comes in. As a haven, after a good while eating and drinking stuff, which in the meny leads you to believe that you are actially going to get what you ordered. But instead get an egyptian wiew on the matter.

Hard Rock cafe is one of very few restaurants in the area, which serves food and drinks the way they are supposed to be served. It's really great to have an evening at the Hard Rock. Music is great. Food is exellent. And you could drink drinks there, all day... But just make sure you have enough money. The prices has been raised alot, since my first visit. Not so much for the drinks, they have been high all the time. But the food has doubled since 2007.
A nice steak, costs $40-50. Drinks cost $12-20. So it's a huge contrast to the prices elsewhere in Hurghada. But you DO get top of the line food and drinks.

It was three years since my last visit, but still the waiter recognized me, and could have a talk about the last visit... That's just amazing.

Inside is just like any other Hard Rock cafe, with pictures and souvenirs from world known artists. There's also a dancing floor, where the waiters do some entertainment during the evening.

Absolute worth a visit, when you get the homesick blues. :)

• Visited June 2014
Sameh M, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe Hurghada, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for your recent comment regarding your visit to the Hard Rock Cafe Hurghada.
Your feedback is very valuable to us. We are really happy that we could deliver the usual Hard Rock standards and make your visit wothwhile. thank you again on behalf of the team here and hope to see you at the Hard Rock Cafe Hurghada again soon.
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Typical of the Hard Rock Cafés elsewhere; well worth a visit”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I loved the "feel"of the restuarant, and the memorbilia . The food was good, the service was excellent, as the staff were friendly and cheerful. They even joined in sing a long with guests..

• Visited December 2013
Sameh M, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe Hurghada, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Valuable Customer,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review regarding your last visit to the Hard Rock Cafe Hurghada, We are all so glad that your last experience at the Hard Rock was what we were wishing for. Hope to see you again soon at Hard Rock.
“Over priced no atmosphere”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Recenty visited whilst in holiday with family found to be very over priced with very little atmosphere. Burgers were also under cooked despite requesting to be well done

Dear Valuable guest,
Thank you for your precious comment regarding your last visit to the Hard Rock Cafe Hurghada. Your comment is surely going to help us improve and we have already begun working on it. Thank you again and we wish to see you at the Hard Rock to give you the authentic experience that you expect from us.
pompey
“The Buffalo Hot Wings were Sublime - However Watch Out”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The ambience & the food was sublime. However watch out for the following: -

1. Every Friday night is "lady's free drinks", however they dish out the local spirits that are lamentable & turns you blind

2, My good lady wanted a Smirnoff & dash of Coke = 750 £E

3. I paid my bill with a MasterCard & entered my pin. The waiter told me that the transaction did not go through & to repeat the transaction again. I asked the waiter for my receipt to consolidate that the transaction did not go through, & he could not deliver. I asked for the manager & he addressed the transaction machine & stated that the transaction went through. The waiter tried to rip me off

4. When you purchase any item HRC they automatically charge a 11.5% Sales Tax & a 12% Service Charge to your cheque

My good lady & I loved the food, however be aware of these Egyptian Con Men. When you shake their hands, check your hand immediately, too make sure all your fingers are there

• Visited May 2014