Im surprised at all the negative experiences it seems people have had at the Magawish.
We went twice.First time with a package deal as part of a nile cruise, and the second time a year later with the kids for diving cause of Colona and cause it was a good deal and we knew what we were getting for the money.
We enjoyed the heck out of our stay both times, the Hotel is showing its age, there are bits where grass hasnt been planted, theres visible wear and tear in the rooms we've had..
But that doesnt really matter to us. It didnt make one Iota of difference to us that the place didnt look (isnt brand new).
We were made to feel welcome and special by the staff, that in and of itself was more than enough to make us feel the glory or splendour of this hotel as it once may have been in the past.
We had a great time. Enjoyed the food. Enjoyed the polite, smiling, good humored, and always helpful dining room staff, enjoyed the cool evenings smoking shishas outside, thought the italian entertainment team was absolutely ridiculous, enjoyed each others company , enjoyed the sun , thoroughly enjoyed Colona divers, their staff, and our dive trips, and we left there feeling well taken care of , satisfied , grateful and feeling like we were leaving friends behind.
For what we paid and the hospitality we encountered I cannot even begin to fault the Magawish.
But its absolutely true that it is showing its age, some new fittings are needed , better irrigation so that the areas bordering the paths between the rooms dont look so barren,
let me put it this way, This hotel is not going to WOW you from a visual perspective. It may have in its day 20 or so years ago but not today.
If what makes your holiday is stepping into a huge high domed lobby with impressive architecture, and glistening chandeliers all surrounded by exquisitely groomed turf , and if being seduced by rock pools with waterfalls and other visual gadgetry is for you what makes or breaks your holiday. This is the wrong place.
On the other hand if as we believe , the visual accessories and shining decorative baubles aren't required or are just secondary considerations , you might just find your self enjoying a great time with the great staff and great beach and comfortable rooms at the Magawish. (at a great price to boot).
That was our experience any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About the hotel: Hotel Magawish Village & Resort is ideally located in the tourist area of 1.2 km of natural sandy beache overlooking the Magawish island. Everybody likes to stay at the beach, especially if it takes place on the Red Sea coast, where 365 days a year heat. On our proposed resort for a large variety of outdoor activities and sports - from diving and snorkeling to extreme kite surfing. Location: Located on the beach, 8 km from the airport and 15 kilometers from the center of Hurghada. Number of rooms: 425 Types of rooms: 332 bungalow,24 studios, 56 apartments, 9 family rooms, 2 family villas, 2 royal suites. Room Description: The hotel provides accommodation in the hotel type buildings and bungalow-type, which are distributed throughout the hotel to ensure privacy during your stay. All rooms have individually controlled air conditioning, satellite TV, bath or shower, minibar, terrace or balcony . Guest Services: - reception desk and information desk - limousine - laundry - internet cafe - professional animation team - kids club - supermarket - shop - two freshwater swimming pools (one heated in winter) - two children's pools - tennis courts - squash courts. - an international diving center - windsurfing and kite surfing - riding (for beginners - with instructor) For children: - playground; - children's club. Restaurant and bars: Restaurant Manta: buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. beach bar and restaurant The dolphin: pizza, pasta and salad at lunchtime. Restaurant Mermaid: a wide range of seafood dishes, both international and local, deluxe sea view and a fantastic view of the sky. Stylish pub Bogart's pub & Disco: excellent place to have fun for a pleasant drink. A bar Panorama, bar Divers, a poolside bar Shamousa, a poolside bar, and Lotus Oriental Cafe. Beach: ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Magawish Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magawish Swiss Hotel Hurghada
- Magawish Swiss Resort All Inclusive