Just got back, had a wonderful holiday. The rooms where a good size and very clean, aircon worked well. The bathroom was big and well lighted, a nice big mirror, hair dryer, bath and a shower. The only draw back with the bathroom was there were no plugs so u had to have showers only. The rooms had enough plug sockets and the tv worked fine, if u have got time to watch it. The room even had cooking facilities if you wanted to use them, we didn't as the food was lovely. The hotel is spread over a lot of ground, theses are well kept and the gardeners where always working on them to keep them tidy. The beach is reputed to be the biggest beach in Hurgharda, it is very nice, clean and there a more than enough sun beds. The staff where lovely but very surprised to see us there, apparently the British don't go to this hotel. We were the only British people in the hotel for the fortnight that we where there. It didn't cause us a problem, but it might be a bit intimidating for other people. The hotel is a hot favourite of the Russians with a few Germans and Italians thrown in, on the most part they where fine but the we found that at times the Russians could be quite rude. They don't believe in queuing and occasionally we found they tried to push us out of the way, the staff don't put up with this so don't let it worry you. We did however found one of the Russians habits a bit disgusting, some of them have a habit of spitting anywhere they like. They were doing this openly on the beach, paths, lobbies, anywhere they liked. So please wear something on your feet at all times. We went in February this is there winter season so some of the facilities in the hotel where not available, some of the bars where not open. But there is enough other bars to keep you going if u like a drink. On the whole this is a lovely hotel and more British people should visit it, I was disappointed with one thing. On our last day we checked out at 12 as you have to, they cut of your wrist bands and then you have no access to the facilities. Our flight was at 19.25, we didn't get picked up until 17.00 so had five hours to kill. No access to a room, no food etc. We had to make a request at reception to ask if it was ok to have something to eat, at first I thought that they where going to make us pay extra but in the end they gave us a meal pass. There are shops in the complex and you can buy snacks, but we understood that we had paid for the whole package and our last day should be catered for, there should have been the option of staying in the room until we where picked up even if we had to pay a token amount. We felt as if all they where only interested in getting us checked out on time and fend for yourself until your coach comes to pick you up, so push for a meal ticked so you don't go hungry while you wait. We ended up sitting out side reading, went for something to eat and then when we where ready had to change and wash in a public toilet. When you have a late flight I feel that provisions should be made for people to have facilities to wash and change and they shouldn't have to ask for meal vouchers. After all we pay enough for our holidays. Apart from that little rant, give this hotel a chance. It's a great hotel, with lovely staff, lovely food and a lovely beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About the hotel: Hotel Magawish Village & Resort is ideally located in the tourist area of 1.2 km of natural sandy beache overlooking the Magawish island. Everybody likes to stay at the beach, especially if it takes place on the Red Sea coast, where 365 days a year heat. On our proposed resort for a large variety of outdoor activities and sports - from diving and snorkeling to extreme kite surfing. Location: Located on the beach, 8 km from the airport and 15 kilometers from the center of Hurghada. Number of rooms: 425 Types of rooms: 332 bungalow,24 studios, 56 apartments, 9 family rooms, 2 family villas, 2 royal suites. Room Description: The hotel provides accommodation in the hotel type buildings and bungalow-type, which are distributed throughout the hotel to ensure privacy during your stay. All rooms have individually controlled air conditioning, satellite TV, bath or shower, minibar, terrace or balcony . Guest Services: - reception desk and information desk - limousine - laundry - internet cafe - professional animation team - kids club - supermarket - shop - two freshwater swimming pools (one heated in winter) - two children's pools - tennis courts - squash courts. - an international diving center - windsurfing and kite surfing - riding (for beginners - with instructor) For children: - playground; - children's club. Restaurant and bars: Restaurant Manta: buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. beach bar and restaurant The dolphin: pizza, pasta and salad at lunchtime. Restaurant Mermaid: a wide range of seafood dishes, both international and local, deluxe sea view and a fantastic view of the sky. Stylish pub Bogart's pub & Disco: excellent place to have fun for a pleasant drink. A bar Panorama, bar Divers, a poolside bar Shamousa, a poolside bar, and Lotus Oriental Cafe. Beach: ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Magawish Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magawish Swiss Hotel Hurghada
- Magawish Swiss Resort All Inclusive