Hotel in general is in poor state , desperately in need of renovation.
However it's cleaned daily , every part of it. You can see dozens of workers each day running around, cleaning, watering plants and doing their best to make this old hotel look pleasant and enjoyable.
Service is all-inclusive, but not 24h, you have timetable in which restaurants you are entitled to get soft drinks and meals/snacks.
Type of guests are mostly Russians, (like in all Hurghada), but at my time there were a lot of Italians and Egyptians. Lot of older people, age range would be around 40-60 with kids 10-20.
Since it's a resort, distance to the beach varies from location where your room is. But not more then 5min on foot.
Shopping facilities are scarce but affordable prices since it's in hotel area.
There are 2 centers in Hotel.
Colona Divers for diving and sea trips and
Colona Watersports for kite surfing
Staff is friendly and you are welcomed everywhere with a Hello and a warm smile
They all know basics of english, russian and italian.
Rooms are cleaned daily, but sheets and towels only on every 2nd day.
There is a laundry service and clinic in hotel but i had not need for it.
Complaints are taken seriously and usually resolved under an hour.
One major restaurant, Manta, where you get
Late breakfast 11-12
Dinner 19-22 and
Late Dinner 23-01h
Quality of food is kinda poor, but you won't be left hungry. Soft drinks are ok , but local alcohol drinks must be avoided at all cost because of their strong scent of methanol.Beer is ok.
Restaurant is very clean, it's obviously cleaned after and before every meal.
Type of food is local traditional type.
Overall atmosphere during meals is ok, staff is very friendly and forthcoming to help
Animation Team is great, but i must complain on lack of girls in team, only two of them and rest are boys. Daily activities include Beach Aerobic, Stretching, Aquabic and nice music played from speakers
Animation team is also in charge of evening entertainment, at 22h, they call it showtime and it's different every night.
There is a disco in resort but poorly visited, because most of the guests were older people.
Beach is the best in Hurghada! Could use more sunbeds and sunscreens too. Only two showers on the beach, but you don't wait long.
Pools are great too, clean and not too much crowded.
Two pools, one by Manta restaurant, and one by Lotus area, both with own bars.
No free Wifi , just one managed by hotel which is rather expensive
I had a Lotus family room , which is rather big for 2 people.
Big bathroom with fan,
bedroom with two bed and own AC,
living room with own AC, TV, sofa, small table and big table with 3 chairs
small kitchen with microwave, set of dishes, water heater, small fridge,
large balcony with two chairs and table
Lotus area is rather new and in great condition.
Bungalows are older but there are few new ones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About the hotel: Hotel Magawish Village & Resort is ideally located in the tourist area of 1.2 km of natural sandy beache overlooking the Magawish island. Everybody likes to stay at the beach, especially if it takes place on the Red Sea coast, where 365 days a year heat. On our proposed resort for a large variety of outdoor activities and sports - from diving and snorkeling to extreme kite surfing. Location: Located on the beach, 8 km from the airport and 15 kilometers from the center of Hurghada. Number of rooms: 425 Types of rooms: 332 bungalow,24 studios, 56 apartments, 9 family rooms, 2 family villas, 2 royal suites. Room Description: The hotel provides accommodation in the hotel type buildings and bungalow-type, which are distributed throughout the hotel to ensure privacy during your stay. All rooms have individually controlled air conditioning, satellite TV, bath or shower, minibar, terrace or balcony . Guest Services: - reception desk and information desk - limousine - laundry - internet cafe - professional animation team - kids club - supermarket - shop - two freshwater swimming pools (one heated in winter) - two children's pools - tennis courts - squash courts. - an international diving center - windsurfing and kite surfing - riding (for beginners - with instructor) For children: - playground; - children's club. Restaurant and bars: Restaurant Manta: buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. beach bar and restaurant The dolphin: pizza, pasta and salad at lunchtime. Restaurant Mermaid: a wide range of seafood dishes, both international and local, deluxe sea view and a fantastic view of the sky. Stylish pub Bogart's pub & Disco: excellent place to have fun for a pleasant drink. A bar Panorama, bar Divers, a poolside bar Shamousa, a poolside bar, and Lotus Oriental Cafe. Beach: ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Magawish Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magawish Swiss Hotel Hurghada
- Magawish Swiss Resort All Inclusive