“Home Of Relaxing”

Pyramisa Sahl Hasheesh Resort
Ranked #92 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is the best place that I have ever visit .. nice place very friendly people .. amazing management .. u feel really relaxing happy .. smiling all the time

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 6, 2010

Me and the wife with our three kids (9, 6 and 2) in tow we stayed at this hotel, Firstly....weather is perefct.....we didnt see a single cloud for the week...temperature was about 38-42 Deg C everyday, the pools were lovely and warm, the sea as warm as well.

The family room if you have two kids or more are huge......our suite was about 100m2...its basically two rooms with a reception kind of hall linking them....although another family that stayed only had one child and there room was a normal room with a put you up bed in.

The hotel is looking a little tired however it was noted just how much tidying up was going on.

so far so good I hear you say......Well the bad points....the food is shocking.....there were only three english families in the whole hotel....and we were the only ones who didnt get food poisoning. uncooked chicken, a feather fan which was used to fan the BBQ was also used to wipe the sweat from the cooks brow, cross contamination of raw chicken to cooked chicken....real basic stuff. The restaurant was a real bunfight...still the beer glasses are plastic and with the greasy film on them.

I'd be interested to see just how much detergent is actually used.....all of the drinks outside are served in plastic tumblers, or paper cups or even the little plastic ones you get from the cold water dispenser in the office. As much as you tip the service is lackluster adn a little slow...but then again how fast would you work for £100 a month and have to work 6 days a week!

There are very few english families which I didnt actually mind but the russians seem to be more eager about putting towels out than the germans so realistically you need to be out be 8.30am to stand any chance of getting near the area you want to lay/stay for the day.

Massive pain that there is no way of drawing cash in the hotel...yes it is all inclusive but you need to tip everyone....especially the cleaner on a daily basis, the bar staff for serving you quicker than everyone else and the waiter for not making you wait half hour like everyone else....so if you run out of cash to pay for your excursions...tips...meal out ...gifts.....its a taxi ride to the next hotel to use their cash point....£50 EGP seemed to be the going rate for the taxi.

Would I go back....perhaps if the reviews on here say the food has improved.....would I recommend to a friend......only if they knew what they were walking into.

For those of you with champagne taste and lemonade money....a single night for two adults in a top notch 5 star hotel with as much food and wine as you want will easily set you back two grand a night in England....so....if you expect to dine like a king then this hotel isnt for you...I worked it out that if the flights cost a grand then hotel gave me a huge suite with all the food and drink I could stomach for £65 a day per person....pretty good VFM.....except the food!!!

On the plus side the reception area is grand, the two pools are magnificant and the pools with the slides was shallow enough for our six year old to easily be in his depth. The animation team were good......especially husband and wife Alix and Eddy who really really really made our kids holidays ...I cannot thank them enough.....their energy and enthusiasm was a real gift for us....personally I cant get the kids songs out of my head which isnt much fun a 6.00am!!! Eddy in his trademark orange glasses was just simply brilliant.

so all in all if you expect luxury....sorry to disapoint.....if you want a good holiday and are willing to take the risk on the food.....this is for you.

My top tips......

Use travel probiotics for a week before you go....the two weeks your there and especially the three days after you get back.

If you do get bored with the food....walk down to the beach....turn right and walk about 20 minutes...lovely italian restaurant where an EXCELLENT fillet stake will cost £70 EGP.

Wannabe divers.....the dive club really looked after me....the guy round the pool who gets you to book is a real nice guy.

Snorkelling....walk down to the beach....turn right...about 5-10mins down there there is a sunken peir....Conga's and all sorts down there.

3  Thank itsthesterns
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I would like to recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to spend his holiday perfect, excellent organized and to be satisfied from services
Firstly this hotel is located in Sahl Hasheehs, a place where your eyes can have a rest from beautiful view all around green gardens watered every day,very big palm trees with a lot of dates and of course the clean streets each two metres with lights.
Secondly ,for the hotel I really don't have any comment, pools (one of the pools have water slides) are so large so you are free to swim wherever you want,If you feel tired of swimming in the pool you have bar where you just sit and order a drink (soft, alchoolic,different coctails coconut groove is one of the best coctails and also you can have an ice cream).Cleaness and service are in very high level and the sea is so pure that you can see where are you walking.Interesting about the sea is that if you have googles you can find a lot of small dead corals, but without misunderstandings you don't have reason to worry It's not nothing dangerous even I can say is very very nice.
there are also a lot types of restaurants:
1.Six continent restaurant (main restaurant)
2.Chinese restaurant
3.Italian restaurant and a lot of others near the pool an sea.
On the other hand there is the best best best animation team (fox, eddie, tayson,mika, mida, sasha, safira, olga, latifa,alix).I really don't want to exaggerate but with no doubt they are excellent for their job, you won't be bored or sad because with you is a perfect animation team who will animate you during the whole day at morning, afternoon, evening, and on the top of everything I have to admit that nightlife is also excellent you can go to the beach parties and disco.
However is your decision to chose where you will go, but wherever you go you won't spend your holidays like you can in this hotel.
In the end I would like to advise you something: If you decicde to go in this hotel please don't stay just 10 days, book for more days like 15 because in the hotel like Pyramisa in Sahl Hasheesh and ANIMATION TEAM like this 10 days will pass just like 10 minutes. I am talking from my experience with hotels because I have always been to a five star hotels but this one deserves to heve 7 big stars TRUST ME.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I have just returned from a 3days holiday in one of the best hotels i have seen in egypt. in my 23 years of airline career,i have traveled and stayed in many hotels in different countries and always thought you can't beat the far east hotels but what i've seen at Pyramisa made me change my mind. the minute i stepped into the hotel with my wife and daughter we were treated like we own the place and that was just the beginning. through-out our stay we had every thing to enjoy, starting with a beautiful double room with sea and pool view. the room is spacious,elegantly decorated and extremely well maintained(a/c,tv,bath,beds and furniture).The location of the hotel is brilliant and very carefully chosen. we split our time between the beach and the pool and tremendously enjoyed both. at the restaurant we were amazed by the quality,variety and amount of food in addition to the cleanliness of the place.the all-inclusive rate was beyond my imagination and i still can't beleive the money value i got.
i honestly and very highly recommend this hotel for all types of travellers. In my opinion the management team headed by Mr. a.sherif and his assistants Mr. K.Ragab and A.shabasy are some of the most professional hoteliers i have encountered and makes it impossible for other hotels to compete with them.
my thanks to all the staff for their most friendly attitude. next time i go to Hurghada, i don't have to look for a hotel.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

First of all , i want to say that this is not my 1st time as a guest in Pyramisa chain in Egypt and specially in Sahel Hashish but i want to add a remark that this time was really different, the management is much better and it was remarkable to notice that the general manger Mr.Ahmed Sherif and his team work were always around us everywhere on the beach , restaurants , rooms all through the day to make sure that everything is going fine and that everybody is having a good time and consequently we enjoyed our vacation so much and on behalf of all my group which was around 40 persons i want to thank all Pyramisa staff to add a lot to our vacation ( N.B : By the end of the vacation , my cousin decided to buy a time share unit in Pyramisa Sahel Hashish )

Reviewed July 28, 2010

Hotel is very luxurious.Beautiful roomy bedrooms and public rooms immaculately maintained by very friendly helpful and courteous staff.

Very large pools with plenty of sunbeds - no need to reserve!

The only negative was that as the hotel became busier the dining facilities became very crowded as all guests appeared to want to eat at the same time! However the staff did all possible to relieve the situation and by the time we left the situation was much easier.

We had a great holiday and will be returning this September.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

It was my first time in egipt. I was a bit afraid of hotels standards that is why i was looking for good hotel for a long time. Pyramisa Beach Resort was a good dacision. This is a veary beautiful pleace with nice beach, big swimming pools and friendly stuff. The animacion team is really friendly and cheeful, the night shows are really funny. The rooms are clean and food is ok too.
The only bad things are a trip sellers they are really urgent.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends