“Want to return again”

Ranked #83 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Moscow
“Want to return again”
Reviewed November 21, 2009

We returned to this hotel the third time. It becomes a good tradition. Our journey was great.
LTI Pyramisa Beach Resort Sahl Hasheesh is a wonderful, memorably and amazingly resort.
Beautiful sea and nice beach make a face of this hotel. I’m a person, who are not swimming good, but reef with a plenty of various fish was near the coast. So, I could go it by my feet.
Stuff was polite and friendly. For example, one cleaner made for us beautiful forms from towels. Quality of food was at the high stage.
If have any question, I ask senior reception Ahmed Mohamed who real help me. As for me Ahmed Mohamed is man with a great sense of hospitality and for me he became the personification of well-wisher of Egyptian.
In conclusion, I want to say that if life give me a chance to return to Egypt I’ll go only in LTI Pyramisa Beach Resort Sahl Hasheesh.
Kate

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank ALSMoscow
kragab, Executive Assistant Manager at Pyramisa Sahl Hasheesh Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Dear ALSMoscow,
Well i'm very happy to know that it became a tradition for you and your family to come to our hotel for the third time,and i'm sure i will welcome you again for the 4th time very soon to enjoy again our hospitality by the way the next time i will make sure that you will became a very good swimmer by asking our recreation team to give you free swimming lessons
I shared your thanks and regards with Ahmed Mohamed our seiner reception and he was very happy,along with our team.
Thanks and best regards.
Looking forward to see you soon.
Khalid Ragab
PS.my email is kragab@pyramisaegypt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
London
Reviewed November 20, 2009

Agree with previous reviews. Luxury reception but the rest .... Rooms large and clean. Towels old, we had no hot water for 3 days then it was tepid - mentioned it at least 3 times to customer service. No luxury in rooms very basic - i.e. no nice soap and shampoo all out of a plastic container like public motorway facilities. Restaurants busy - we found the Arabasque Restaurant which was quieter, less busy and altogether a nicer experience. Food very basic. Main pool area spoilt by continuous loud music. Staff friendly and helpful. It is isolated. Would recommend this hotel to families with young children up to age of 10. Beach great for snorkelling which is why we chose the hotel. It is isolated but appears to be in an area which is being developed. Apparently there is a new English manager who is improving the hotel which to bring it upto 5 star rating it certainly needs. Over run by Russians.
I would recommend The Sheraton Miramar in El Gouna - snorkelling from hotel beach not so good but otherwise fantastic - definitely 5 star.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JANDRELL
stoke on trent
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Superb setting but a liitle isolated if you want anything else other than the hotel and the pool area is one of the best we have seen .The dining experience was a different thing, tables were slow to be cleared and reset and if you hit it at the wrong time the were no plates, glasses and cups available and although the food was ok but we'v'e had better . On the whole o good holiday but i wouldn't call it a 5 star.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank bobsueStokeOnTrent
West Yorkshire
Reviewed October 14, 2009

After spending an incredible week cruising the Nile on the Sonesta St. George we were really looking forward to our stay at the Pyramisa, basically just to relax. It was advertised as a 5 star hotel so we had no apprehensions despite some indifferent reviews.
We were suitably impressed with the reception area when we arrived, which truly does reflect it's 5 star claim. However it was downhill from there on in.
The rooms were O.K. but basic, no tea making facilities no mini bar, just a small fridge. However the room was spacious and reasonably clean. The rooms were cleaned on a daily basis to varying standards, probably depending who did the cleaning. On several occasions we were left without drinking water, despite being promised two bottles per day. They also run out of towels on a couple of days so we were left with just one large bath towel between two. The TV also developed "mysterious " faults, which staff rectified quickly on receipt of a tip !
The grounds of the hotel are O.K. The two pools are clean with ample sun beds and fixed sun shades.
Our biggest problem with this hotel was with the catering. Imagine school dinners in the 70's and mix that with a motorway service station and you can imagine the canteen, yes it was a canteen not a restaurant as claimed. The food was poor quality, repetetive and you had to join long queues for the privelidge of have two small pieces of meat calved for you. You took your chances with your table, first come first served. Once the table had been used it took the staff ages to clear the debris, they never wiped the table surface properly so you always knew were drinks had been etc. just by looking at the rings on the table. Knives and forks were hard to come by, you just had to search for staff who disappeared and brought you some. Invaribly they ran out of butter, again you had to ask for that to be replenished, nothing proactive about this place.
One plus point was that you could dispense your own wine although one evening it had definately been watered down in our opinion.
One other thing, my wifes favourite evening tipple is a gin and tonic, during the week we were there no tonic available at all, that's never a five star hotel.
The staff varied most, I must admit were friendly but some were downrite rude.

All in all I'd give it 2.5 stars, no way near a five star. In our opinion one to avoid

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stainsbyblue
UK
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Having been to Hurghada many times before, we decided to try Sahl Hasheesh, about 25 minutes drive out of Hurghada, what a pleasant suprise. A large complex resort on the beach, spacious clean rooms, fresh water delivered every day was a nice touch. two amazing pools, one with entertainment and the second one quiet and relaxing. The main dining room had a good variety of food, but was busy at certain times, you could also eat at the grill outside on the terrace in the evening which was nice. the A l carte restaurants were ok and made a change. the beach and snorkelling was amazing. Overall we had a great holiday, but remember you get what you pay for, its not deluxe by any means but overall great value for money.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank allaboutholidaysUK
wales
Reviewed September 26, 2009

booked this hotel hotel last minute best thing i have ever done ,first time for me to right a report on any holiday web site, ,,staff are brilliant cant do enough for you, huge resort with something for everyone , food was good with a vast selection of all types of cooking both hot dishes and cold ,pools are very large with swim up bars , bridges , children slides . adult slides , etc,,,your own private beach with padded sunbeds , large sun shades , fresh beach towels daily , toilets , the sea is crystal clear with the most fantastic coral reefs and tropical fish i have ever seen fantastic , snorkel a must if haven't got one wise investment ,, ,spa facility great with experienced masseurs had two full massages brilliant,bit of advice have a massage on your first day ! gym also well equipped , smiths machine , dumbells up to 25kg , dip machine , running machines , cross trainers etc,,plus air-con a must . if i had a criticism it would be that the guests not from uk are not very polite and dont que like we do whilst getting food but that is not the hotels fault ,and it was a small minority only .. well maintained through out, premises always being cleaned !!
there are seven shops main are which sell most things

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dented
Scotland
Reviewed September 18, 2009

On first arriving at the hotel, it looks quite impressive, however this is where it ends.

Starting on the positive. the beach is kept nice and clean and is good for relaxing and snorkling however the sun beds are needing replaced as a lot of them are broken or rusty.
If you like going for walks you can walk right around the bay, which is a pleasant relaxing walk, however once away from the hotel there is building work everywhere.

The staff in the hotel where not interested in their clientelle and were rude. They seem intent on giving you the minimum of information ie I had to phone everyday for water and it was not until my second last day that they informed me that I could go to the VIP bar and receive two bottles each day, which was a bit late. I also asked four different people if I could get a extra pillow and robe for my room and I am still waiting. When this happened I then went to guest relations who in my opinion are supposed to be there for their guests however they were to interested in how they looked and playing with their mobiles to help.

The food is sub standard and everwhere you look people are having to stand and wait on food being topped up and this, believe me can take a while. There is not a large selection of food and if you don't like rice and potatoes in a sauce then you have had it.
The best selection was the bread and cakes. The food is never warm and it is a rare treat when you get something hot to eat.
Beverages are served in kid size cups and are warm and flat, especially at the beach bar. Water at these places are not in bottles but in drink dispensers.
In the main resturant at lunch and dinner time it can be difficult to get a seat and god forbid you sit at a table for four when there are only two of you, even when this is the only table available. Staff are slow to clean up and make up tables and when food is on the floor that is also not cleaned up but left. They continue to run out of glasses, plates and cuttlery and then you are again waiting or you will get a plastic cup, which you do not expect in five star hotels. They also don't do room service, make up pack lunches or mini bar and if they do they are not forthcoming with that information either, even though you pay for the minibar. I felt overall as if I was on rations
The poolside resturant never has any food ready and the staff are also very slow and show no interest at helping the guests.
our one saving grace was a little italian resturant, which is about 15 minuits walk along the beach. past the bridge which we ate in three times so we could have a decent meal
I have been to egypt three years in a row and this is the worst I have ever seen in a hotel
This is the first review I have written on trip advisor as everyone is different and see different faults in places, however I felt so strongly about this hotel I had to make a comment to let people know

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple