Our second visit to this hotel and we cannot fault it for value for money, excellent location and facilities and made special by the kindness and effort of the staff. We travelled as a family party of 5 plus 2 good friends we made on our first visit in 2011. Only a handful of Brits in this time.
The hotel is in the process of changing from a Sunrise to Sentido but you can still use the facilities at the Sunrise Garden Beach.
Booked in quickly and got great rooms overlooking the beach. Once again the staff made it a great holiday. If you are willing to make the effort to speak and make conversation we found that the staff will make every effort in return. My only complaint on this holiday was that too many holidaymakers just barked out a request and showed too few manners to the staff for my liking. Being civil with people doesn't cost us anything and these people work hard all day every day to make our time there enjoyable.
Anyway back to the good stuff. The speciality restaurants (Asian, Mexican, Italian and Oriental) were all excellent and to take into account that the main restaurant had to cater to a wide range of nationalities I think they did a good job.
The staff at the Beach Bar/Asian restaurant come in for special praise as Mahmoud, Ahmed, Eslam, Mohammed, Mahmoud and Sayed were excellent hosts throughout our stay and really looked after us. All really kind people who deserve a big thankyou. I had a bad cold and without being asked Mahmoud went to the effort of obtaining honey and lemons to knock me up a hot toddy and asked after me every day. The whole team couldn't do enough for us and we really appreciate it.
Praise also for Tarek, Remon, Sayed and David in the Italian, Sabry, Karam, Ahmed, Gamal and Ahmed in the Mexican and Ali and the team in the Oriental. If you try the Mexican ask Karam to do his trick with balancing the cutlery on toothpicks and make sure you order a special coffee from Sabry.
The entertainment/animation team under Max put on some really good shows and are far better than the previous team. Mido does the constant spinning on the spot routine and is ably supported by Valentina, Dorina and Bedo and the team.
The kids club kept my 8 year old daughter thoroughly entertained and I would recommend them if you want a couple of hours to yourself. They do 2 x two and a half hour sessions daily and the kids can attend both if they like.
The room was kept spotless by Ahmed in block 32 and room service Ahmed looked after us throughout our stay.
A final thankyou to Olga concierge/guest services manager who always asked if we needed anything and asked for feedback re improvements to the services.
All in all a great holiday at great hotel that has great staff. Make the effort to talk it makes all the difference.
FYI I have been to other Egyptian resorts and hotels as well as extensively in Europe, the Caribbean and the far east so I have plenty to compare it with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Egyptian hospitality at the 5 star (local category) SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort with the oriental flair and a special family friendly atmosphere and hotel facilities. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hurghada