we stayed as a couple from 22nd to 29th march 2013 first immpressions of the hotel all good booked in at reception taken to our room luggage arrived about 5 mins later it was then that we had our first experiance with the buffet resturant we had a look around to see whats on offer then the fun begins we could not find any plates after what seemed like a very long time standing where the plates should be a waiter dropped some off we then tried to make our selections there seems to be no idea of waiting for the other person the russians just walk up to whatever they want push in front leave the serving spoon in the food they dont bother to close the lid this was the same for all off our stay breakfast cereal bowls or spoons one or the other would be missing one evening when we eventually found a seat by the time the waiter came around with the cutlery the food was almost cold so the next option was to book one of the four resturants on site i went to the touch screen next to reception you can only book 24 hours in advance from midnight failed on the first attempt all full the next day sunday i went to reception at 06.45 and made a booking then i found out later in the stay that this is probably the only way to do it as others sit in the bar until midnight then make a booking we managed to book 3 of the 4 resturants the asian was the best for us great service and food the mexican and italian were both good the next bit to complain about is the lack of sunbeds tuesday morning we walked all around both pools and could not find a empty bed i guess that more than half just had towels on i asked at one of the towel stations if there is any more beds he did not lift his head he just carried on sharpening his pencil one of the animation boys was standing behind me he suggested that i should look again we went up onto the island on the cold pool took a look around he then fetched a guy in a blue top the said recreation on the back who removed 2 towels from 2 beds and gave them to us nobody came to use these beds all day i was expecting an argument at anytime after this i just went out early and claimed 2 beds now for the good stuff the hotel is so clean the staff work so hard our room 16306 and our cleaner abdul allah was brilliant our room was perfect everyday on the thursday he did some towel art and flowers on the bed which was the best we have seen this is our fourth time in egypt all of the pool bar staff and lobby bar staff were great on monday we went on a trip snorkeling booked with blue wave really good value for money 600 egyptian pounds for both of us this was the first day since friday that we heard another english voice all things considerd a great hotel good staff shame about the rude russians they have put me off going to egypt again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Egyptian hospitality at the 5 star (local category) SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort with the oriental flair and a special family friendly atmosphere and hotel facilities. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hurghada