“Wonderful staff makes wonderful hotel”

Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa
Ranked #60 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
wigan
“Wonderful staff makes wonderful hotel”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Got a very cheap deal to this hotel did wonder what we were going to, shouldn't have worried. Hotel is one of three sister hotels 2 next to each other, the other across the road at the beach, because of the trouble the larger hotel was closed, which was such a shame, it is quite safe so please go, the people out there really need the English back again. Hotel rooms basic but what do you need you only sleep there, rooms are located around the aqua park. Every where was spotless staff always cleaning.
Now to the staff, what can I say, there are 3 restaurants to eat, the main one which we didn't use as very busy ( not used by the English) so can't comment, the one where you have to book which we ate a couple of times was nice, but our favourite by far was the cobanna, we ate every lunch time and most evenings. The head chef took a shine to us ( no tip given yet) in an evening he would make sure we had fresh chicken straight from the BBQ, not out of the pot, he asked my husband one day was there anything he wanted for lunch, he said a nice tuna salad, next day he produced a lovely tuna salad for him. He also made us other lovely lunches and always made sure we had a plate of fresh fruit after we had eaten, nothing was too much trouble for him and his staff. Our cleaner was so happy with his £5 tip at the end of our hols and made me cry by saying him and his friends pray to alah that the English return to Egypt.
Animation team came round talking to you everyday, lovely English girl Danielle who works there make sure you give her a cig if you see her she will be around about 4 o'clock for her afternoon smoke.
Great holiday please book and go back to Egypt the people need our money

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank lucydogWigan
SindbadClub, Guest Relations Manager at Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear guest!

Thank you for you positive comment and kind words about our staff! It's very important for us to know that you was happy in Sindbad Club.

Sunny Greetings from Hurgada,
wish to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family visited here for 10 nights in october and loved it! The hotel itself is big with use of the aqua park, aqua hotel, and beach hotel which is across the road. The aqua park is brilliant for both children and adults with some pretty scary slides! All slides are manned at the bottom and top to ensure safety which i liked.
The hotel and grounds where kept clean at all times, our room was fine - nothing special but cleaned daily and adequately sized for me my partner and my daughter.
The food was great for us, a decent selection of restaraunts to choose from. We favoured la cabana restaraunt for its fresh omlettes and pancakes in the morning, soup, pizza, veg chicken beef etc at lunchtime, and delicious freshly prepared to order stir fry in the evenings.
The main thing that made our holiday so special here though was the staff. We are not realy the kind off people who go on holiday and befriend the people who work there but here it cant be helped because they are so amazing! Especially the pool staff, restaraunt and bar staff at the aqua park, chefs, and the lads on the 'white bar' in the beach hotel. (too many names to do shoutouts) they all make so much effort to ensure you have everything you need and feel welcome. Would we return? In a heartbeat!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kathi1199
SindbadClub, Guest Relations Manager at Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear guest!

Thank you for your positive comment and for the compliment to our staff! We are very glad to hear that you was enjoying staying in our hotel. And we wish to see you one more time in Sindbad Club!
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

this hotel is very good for families with young children,i went with my older children and grandchildren and they loved it overall it is a great hotel great location and the manager of the restaurant is absolutely fantastic,he cared for our needs down to the very last minute I would highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: ask for the refurbed rooms they will know what ones fabulous
1 Thank jacquelinesusan77
Dear guest!

Thank you for your positive comment! We are very glad that you was enjoying staying in our hotel. And wish to see you one more time in Sindbad Club!
Aldershot, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I went to the Sindbad in August for 3 weeks and was concerned due to the trouble in Cairo. I went with my 12 year old son and my disabled mother. We had a good time the weather was glorious and there was no sign of trouble.We stayed manly at the quiet pool whilst my son found friends and was off to the aqua park daily. Unfortunately, the first week my son had a nasty accident and cut open his foot the staff and Doctor in the clinic were great and very helpful and got us to the hospital where he was stitched up.
Due to my mother being disabled we were a bit restricted visiting the other restaurants due to steps/stairs however we were very well looked after in the main restaurant by Mahdy the food and bar manager and his wonderful staff. Mahdy, proved himself as a great Ambassador for the hotel, a real asset to them. Nothing was too much trouble He and his staff made are our stay feel 1st class and due to his kindness and courteous manner we would definitely return.
Overall, the hotel was clean the rooms nice and airy and our cleaner Mohammed was good especially if my mother was not feeling too good.

Room Tip: Even before our holiday we e-mailed and checked the rooms available on ground level and they were ve...
2 Thank Gaynor R
SindbadClub, Guest Relations Manager at Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear guest!
We would like to thank you for you comment and for the appreciation of our work! And of course we hope to see you and your family in Sindbad again!
Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

we were very reluctant travelling to egypt because of the troubles, but everything was fine.the hotel was lovely, best hotel room i have stayed in for a long time, shower was amazing could have fitted us all in it. staff all very helpful especially recreational manager who always went out of his way to ask if there were any problems, entertainment not my cup of tea but certainlt value for money. always somewhere different to eat although not always to our taste. but barbeque area in the water park did cater for our taste. everyone that worked there could not do enough for you. we travelled as a family for my 60th birthday and my daughters wedding anniversary and with 2 grandaughters and we all had a wonderful time. thank you sindbad and all your staff

Room Tip: don't know our room was lovely looking over the pool, did have mosquitos in the evening though o...
2 Thank Mary W
Dear guest!
Thank you so much for you positive comment! We are so happy to hear from you! And of course we hope to see you in Sindbad again!
London
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was impressed before I even started my holiday, having seen that the hotel replied to both good and bad reviews. Having emailed a few times with questions, which were always responded to quickly, I even received an 'are you packed yet' email 2 days before!

My room was lovely, biggest shower/bathroom I have ever been in, weather was fabulous. Staff polite, always a greeting at mealtimes and remembered my name and what I drank. Rooms kept clean. Aquapark is in a beautiful setting, daytime entertainment/games take place in the wave pool there but I only went twice and have seen better & usually at the main pool where I prefer to spend my day. That said it mean it was far less noisy! I only went to the beach resort at the end of the day or to eat at the speciality restaurant. Unfortunately 2 were being refurbished so all speciality menus were served at the beach restaurant - another lovely setting with the sea breeze at night.

The food varied in terms of temperature (shells in the scrambled egg) but there was always a choice, for me the best was the Mongolian bbq at the aqua park and the crepes at breakfast, specially when I was presented with a giant heart-shaped one - a lovely touh. Due to the unrest in Egypt the resort was nowhere near full to capacity meaning I had the large pool to myself first thing and getting a sunbed was never a problem in any of the 3 resorts. However on my last day my hotel was being closed and all residents being moved to the aquapark due to lack of holidaymakers. Presumably normal service will resume asap as this meant no use of the pool an possibly not the evening entertainment as it was held there.

The evening entertainment was good when outside acts performed but I wasn't impressed with some of the shows put on by the animation team, those to music were fine. Also they didn't stick to the scheduled programme which meant I thought I was avoiding the karaoke and Mr & Mrs evenings, to find I missed the whirling dervish/belly dancer.

No doubt its very different when full to capacity but I would certainly recommend it, something for everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank LisaShine
SindbadClub, Guest Relations Manager at Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Lisa! Thank you so much for your comment and for the appreciation of our work! I would like to mention, that we closed Aqua Hotel just for 2 weeks to make a renovation in the rooms, but the swimming pool works. And the pool bar as well. And we didn't cancel the evening shows, we just changed the place for the Regina disco in Sindbad Beach for these 2 weeks.
Thank you, and we hope to see you soon!
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went here on 13/8/13 for ten days with my wife and seven year old daughter .we were a bit reluctent to go because of the trouble but didn't think about it while we were there. We arrived at the hotel at 10.30pm so evening meal should have been over but they kept it on for us which was good.The staff carted the bags to the room he was friendly.The room was an average size it was clean and tidy,there was also a bowl of fruit and a bottle of water for your arrivel.The view from room was good.the only problem was the power went off now and again.
The food aar the food i found something to eat all the time but my wife is a fussy eater and lived off bread .The food was good quality what i ate but a bit repetitive..Staff in there are friendly and made a fuss of my daughter
Watch out for dirty glasses by the pool.It's better to take your own glass from the room.As my wife had the runs one day
There is hope with the if you are fussy there is a mc donalds,kfc and a pizza hut just out side the hotel.
The pool was nice loads of beds the wave pool was nice ,the small pools with the slides was good for little one.The big slides were good fun my daughter kept dragging me on.
The beach is nice and loads of boat trips from there. The people in the shops outside are pushy and rude and spoiled it for going out{but this is all over egypt}, they were ok in the super markets.
All in all very good holiday would go back but when the trouble calms down.Hopefully soon.

1 Thank rich k
Dear guest! Thank you for your review! Of course we will take in the account all you comments. But we are very glad to know that you are satisfied with you holiday in our hotel. I would like to tell you that troubles calmed down in Egypt, so we are waiting for you!