I am a 15-year-old girl and I traveled with my parents and 17-year-old cousin - just to set things in perspective. We stayed in the hotel between 31.12.12 and 06.01.13.
It kind of pains me to write this because everything is so fresh and new - this just makes me want to come back and visit the hotel all over again.
We have been to Egypt for 4 times already so we have quite a lot of experience and are able to compare different hotels. As always we visited during New Year´s. The party was very nice. It didn´t give use the "wow effect" but it was still great.
The staff was really friendly. They made communicating easy. We really felt safe on the territory, nobody was pressuring us to buy anything. Obviously there were people inviting us to the spa and paragliding and things like that but they accepted "no" as an answer.
The rooms were spacious and very clean. I find that in a hotel room what often shows the cleanliness of it is the balcony. In this hotel it was spotless and the furniture was also comfy. Room service was okay, our towels were changed on a daily basis. The bathroom was not as small as in some of the hotels that we have stayed in before. The room did not have a bath but that was not an issue for us. I read some of the reviews and saw that people complained about not having an air conditioner - we did have one and it worked. There was some trouble with it but the room service guy had it fixed as soon as it appeared.
The location was very good. You are in the quieter part of Hurghada yet you can feel the atmosphere of this very unique city (all the camel-men trying to rip you off - not that it is a good thing but still a part of Egyptian life and, in a way, worth experiencing).
As Aqua Park is a part of the Sindbad Club you are able to use all of the other hotels´ facilities and be on their territories. You could go to the Beach Resort and visit the beach. The water was very clean and the sea went deeper slowly so smaller children could swim too.
There are two big warm pools and a wave pool (only big pool on the Aqua Park side of the complex). Several water slides are good for all ages and little children can enjoy the playgrounds.
I personally loved the food. The only real letdown was the Lebanese restaurant. We did not visit the Italian a la carte restaurant but the Greek one was absolutely amazing. The food was really good as was the service. The buffet dinners were lovely and had a great variety of different things. I myself am a picky eater and found things I loved.
The lunchtime meal/snacks were my favorites though.
Breakfast was good, you were able to have warm pancakes and omelet but it was not exceptional. Still, we enjoyed it.
We did indeed visit the spa but it was not the best experience we have had. It was kind of a mess and some parts of the package were not included (jacuzzi). But you know, it was still interesting and as we were in a generally good mood throughout the trip we didn´t really even mind.
The best part of the hotel for us was the animation team. They did a fabulous job. I think it really depends on the person how you feel about you vacation and we decided to take part in everything we possibly could. It was great. They had morning gymnastics, step aerobics, water aerobics, boccia, volleyball two times a day. I find it really amazing that they never left anything undone - if it was on the timetable it was going to happen. All of the members were really friendly and communicative - we are going to miss you all. :(
We enjoyed the evening programs as well. They were entertaining and offered us a good laugh.
I would like to add some little things we noticed about the hotel/area/Hurghada in general:
* Try out different places to eat, it´s worth it. Definitely try the Greek restaurant.
* You have 1 hour of free tennis per room, it can really add something to your holiday if you are active yourself.
* It is strongly recommended not to leave your towels to the poolside while you leave yourself but in our case nothing really happened if we did leave them. Still, don´t push your luck, it might as well happen that you end up with no towels whatsoever.
* Be careful with your personal belongings. Yes, even crossing the street to go to the Beach Resort you might get robbed.
* The two big department stores, Ram Store and Hurghada Star have fixed prices. Still, I´d recommend visiting Ram Store - people don´t try to persuade you into buying things and you can shop in peace.
* It´d be wise to exchange your money into Egyptian pounds because in some places the conversion rate is different from what it is in the bank.
In conclusion I would say we loved it there. If somebody from the hotel is reading this I´d like to say a big thank you to the personal and animation team - you are the ones that made this trip so amazing. We are planning to return next year.
Greeting you from Estonia,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sindbad Aqua Hotel& Spa - Passionate About Holidays The hotel is the heart of the Club Area and ensures a very calm and comfortable vacation. Within the Club Concept the hotel comes with a sun deck area, which gives our guests the chance to enjoy the Sun and to give the maximum of relaxation in the main pool area, And on the beach & la Guitara pool bar side they can enjoy a full power animation program with a wide variety of activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sindbad Aqua Park Resort
- Sindbad Aqua Park Hurghada