Just been back for the 2nd time at Arabella Azur, and again wonderful stay.
The room is nice and has all you need, including a little freedge with water and sodas. The bathroom works well, with shower in tub and a big mirror above the sink.
It is not as neat as a room at eg. Hilton, but it has a nice home-like felling.
The room is cleaned every day, and you get new towels as well.
The hotel grounds are nicely well kept, both pools are newly renovated, beautiful little gardens, tennis courts, and a billard room.
Both pools are nice, the big one, with loud music, especially when animation are doing dances etc. but it has great ocean view and a swim up bar.
The small pool is quieter, and heated in winter time.
The hotel has two beaches. A big one, with lots of sunbeds, and a beach bar.
Also there is a little beach, also known as reef beach, since there is a coral reef just from the beach. Also the little beach has a bar that serves drinks.
The snorkeling is absolutely amazing, and Arabella has, by far, the best reef in Hurghada area, you´ll have to go to Markadi or Marsa Alam to find better or just as good reefs.
There are many different corals, and the marine life is fantastic, besides the ordanary reef fish, we saw Moray eels, sting rays, squid, octapus, baracuda, lion fish etc.
ALL INCLUSIVE (AI):
The AI works great, always something to eat and drink.
There are three restaurants, but we had all our meals at the grill restaurant. There is not as much to choose from as seen on other big hotels, but the fewer dishes is fine since they are really tasty, even after two weeks we looked forward to dinner. Always fish, chicken, beef, vegetables, rice and potatoes, and besides that a pasta station where they cook your pasta to your liking, and if you are into cakes you will be in heaven since there are SO many to choose from. Also something from the BBQ grill each night.
The AI is from 10am to 02am, and besides the three main courses, you can get drinks at both pools and both beaches, from noon there is ice cream, afternoon snacks at the bar, late lunch at the big beach from 3pm and freshly made pizzas from 3pm at the little pool.
At the bar you can choose from different long drinks, really nice.
All in all nothing is missing, well the rooms are not as fancy as at Hilton, the pools also smaller, there is not as many different things to choose from at meals as at the 5* hotels (although much tastier). The beach is not as great as at many other hotels, things not as fancy etc. so what is it that makes people keep returning, and giving fantastic reviews......it´s all about the atmosphere.....all staff are SO nice, will do all to make sure you have a great time, and feel at home, you just feel so welcome and that´s what makes this hotel in a class above others - well that and the great reef.
NICE TO KNOW:
- besides the two reefs in front of the little beach, there are two more at the neighbour hotel Arabia, you can swim there.
- Tips is a part of Egyptian culture, so you should tip the staff, not to get great service because you get that even without tips, but give it because it is part of their salary....
- Most people to visit are German and Dutch but more Russians have found this pearl now also, and then also some Scandinavians.
- Blue Water Dive center is part of the hotel. It offers fair prices and excellent service.
Will I come back again?? - Absolutely, the nice staff, the fantastic food, the great coral reefs and above all the hotel atmosphere, is something you can visit again and again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arabella Azur Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arabella Azur Hotel Hurghada