We stayed at the Steigenberger during the Easter Holiday and realy enjoyed our stay there. With my wife we rented a suite which had a separated room for the kids. The room was very chic and huge, with a beautiful balcony providing a great view of the see.
The service throughout our stay was excellent at all levels, wether it be at the lobby, restaurants or by the pool. There were multiple activities we could do there and the kids enjoyed the lazy river ride and even played golf with us.
We also went put for a desert safari and horse riding on the beach, which we could organize easily from the hotel directly. The desert thing felt very touristic but the jeep ride was good. The horse ride is something to do for sure even if just one of the group is into horses. We all enjoyed it.
The food was excellent at the main restaurant and even if it was a buffet, we just enjoyed every meal we took there. Sushi night was not up to good sushi restaurants though. But the variety and freshness was always there.
There were other restaurants on the site and if you intend to eat there you should book before getting to the hotel... Weeks ahead I imagine, as they were booked for most of the days we tried while there. After testing all of them, we can say the food was good there as well, but nothing to put a shame the main hotel restaurant.
The stay was wonderful and the key items for us were the good food at the main restaurant, the great service and cleanliness of everything.
We had some pre conception about Egypt of potential instability but the feeling we got was that things were very stable. When you get out of the hotel area things look messed-up and unfinished, but this was not related to anything in particular. It just seems to be the way things are there.
I would not have expected this before, but would now think of going back if we wanted to go for another sure sun vacation in great surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel is an exclusive luxury hotel built in fascinating Swahili architecture, situated directly on the beach at the southern tip of Hurghada with a spectacular view of the sea. The hotel is famous for its luxurious spacious rooms and superb restaurants, and it presents a variety of unrivaled features; from a unique Lazy River, inviting you to lose yourself in the tranquility of a gentle river ride, floating through the landscaped gardens until you disembark straight into an amazing pool covering 5,000 m3. A private beach that is almost half a kilometer in length, just to relax or to play, with "Ilios" the world class dive club and aqua center, where you can scuba dive, snorkel, go windsurfing, water skiing or parasailing. A 9 hole par 3 golf course, floodlit, for playing a challenging game of golf under the summer night sky. As for the feeling of complete well-being; immerse yourself in 1000 m2 of the "Algotherm Red Sea Thalasso & Spa" for pampering body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Resort
- Hotel Steigenberger Al Dau Beach