Wonder is this is the life Cleopatra lived all those years ago from the agent Egyptian palace.
From the time we walked into this hotel until leaving we have enjoyed every second over and over again.
The rooms are superb, beds are comfortable and surrounding peaceful. I guess we have been lucky to get the same rooms on the 5th floor with a magnificent sea view.
The food served is good. The buffet has lots of variety, something different every night. As in all inclusive guest you are allowed twice during the week to have a 4-cource dinner at one of their own 2 restaurants. We prefer Alexanders, the food is delicious and service outstanding.My advice is to book your table on your arrival, they usually fully booked and it is difficult to get a table.
The hotel has their own beach and access to the sea, just dont expect to have a great swim, the area is limited and you can only get to knee deep depth. But at the same time this is only a minor issue with the biggest swimming pool in the area and lovely lazy river it is quite well compensated. I say quite because during the winter period the water in the swimming pool is freezing cold.
Getting tired of sunbathing - there are also plenty of activities such as great diving, waterskiing, desert safaris, horse riding, golf, volleyboll, watergym, aerobics etc and etc. All the activities we have tried have been amazing and made our stay eventful and fun. If desired arrange individual activities, surely for " a special price " but it is worth it.
And just set the tone for a pleasing day there is a spa. Luxory: massage, sauna, turkish bath etc. You come out from there and you feel like you are in a heaven.
And last but not the least, compliments to the staff themselves, they are wonderful. You are always greeted with a smile and the service is efficiant and attentive.
It was a journey back to the luxory world and I have to pinch myself to bring me back to reality and sadly realize I,m not the queen of Egypt.
But who would blame me feeling like a queen: service, food, surroundings......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel is an exclusive luxury hotel built in fascinating Swahili architecture, situated directly on the beach at the southern tip of Hurghada with a spectacular view of the sea. The hotel is famous for its luxurious spacious rooms and superb restaurants, and it presents a variety of unrivaled features; from a unique Lazy River, inviting you to lose yourself in the tranquility of a gentle river ride, floating through the landscaped gardens until you disembark straight into an amazing pool covering 5,000 m3. A private beach that is almost half a kilometer in length, just to relax or to play, with "Ilios" the world class dive club and aqua center, where you can scuba dive, snorkel, go windsurfing, water skiing or parasailing. A 9 hole par 3 golf course, floodlit, for playing a challenging game of golf under the summer night sky. As for the feeling of complete well-being; immerse yourself in 1000 m2 of the "Algotherm Red Sea Thalasso & Spa" for pampering body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Resort
- Hotel Steigenberger Al Dau Beach