“would recommend to anyone”

Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Although we were probably the only english couple staying, it made no difference to the excellent service we received. If I have to make one small comment, my husband who is a very conservative eater struggled to find a something he liked at the evening buffett, even I who usually eats anything had a bit of a problem, but that said, the choice was massive and varied. and the quaker oats at breakfast were to die for!! everything else was excellent, truly 5* only the wather was a let down, but it was much better than January in the UK!!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, costs a little more but well worth it, not only sea views but the magnificent ga...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 186377Sue
There are newer reviews for Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Amazing, amazing, amazing. The most beautiful place I have visited so far overseas. I met my spouse there for vacation and enjoyed every minute of it. The spa. The wonderful breakfast Buffett . The hibiscus tea became my favorite beverage during our stay. The hookah lounges outside were so cozy and posh. We loved it. I hope to return one day.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Check-in: Check in went smooth and easy. We got a welcome drink and a warm welcome from the manager!

Rooms: Rooms are clean but pretty basic. Both a bath and a standing shower, which is great. The room had a large beautiful balcony with view of the pool area and sea which was amazing.

Service: Staff were polite and very professional. Excellent service.

Food: We mostly ate at the pool restaurant and in the lobby. The food there wasn't really that good. Very average and boring, yet very affordable. Cakes in the lobby were disgusting!

Lobby: Amazing, huge and beautiful with piano music every night.

Location: Hurghada is a pretty boring place in my opinion. It doesn't have the real Egyptian feel. The hotel is however located pretty well in the tourist area.

Overall: This hotel is soo generous. It offers Jacuzzis, lazy rivers, beaches, saunas, hang mats, a very well heated pool and so much more included in the price! Something the Mövenpick could take lessons from. Amazing hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Danii88
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My 3rd time in the hotel. It' s always to be greeted with your name, amazing they always remember... The rooms are perfect. Very nice bathroom, large bed, space and balcon. The gardens and outside pools are amazing, but can onky be used in summer.. They have 1 (too small) heated pool for in Wintertime.

For repeated guest you get some freebees, like free wifi, miibar and ccess to the spa who has a nice and large well heated saltwater pool. The food served is good and let me say its more tasty then with other 5 star restaurant. But for lunch i advise the poolbar, they have a nice a la cart menu with fresh baked food...

As said the swimming pool with the lazy river (length about a km) is really nice. Also the service staff every where is very friendly. A smile or small talk ofcource help in quick service. The security is really tight... Normally you will not be bothered... But i really hate to be asked what i come do in the hotel, when he can see my suitcase in the car.

At the downside, the bandwidth of the wifi (free for repeater guest, but quite expensive if your not) is slow.. And in some rooms not working at all. No problem for me i have an egyptian simcard, but still disappointed that in 2013 they can not provide you with quick wifi.

Also dissappointed in the manager of misc places. Opposite the lower ranks who are really friendly, nesrly all the managers and 'captains' are very arrogant.

About the spa, it is well equipted with different sauna's, but the service of staff here is really not to my liking. Also the massages are really overprised no... This they could change easy... If they would... Then it will be the best in town.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was my 5th time there
These people are professional when it comes to customer satisfaction and hospitality
The boufee is great , the Spa is magnificent and the best one ever in town
they need to improve the animation activity and the minibar quality

Room Tip: Select the left side rooms to catch the best view the far you go to left you can see the pools , go...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank hunter23eg
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was our first ever trip to Egypt for a holiday and we are very glad we choose the Steigenberger in Hurghada. The Hotel is excellent with lots of facilities. My son and I were diving so my wife spent the day in the hotel and was very well looked after by the staff there. She also made use of the Spa which has great facilities, she had Thai and Egyptian treatments which were both outstanding.The Steam room, Sauna and Turkish bath are all excellent. The food at all meal times is good and although the main restaurant is busy in the evening there is never a shortage of food. the rooms are pretty spacious and generally very good although some of the room furniture is showing its age. We found the reception staff to be helpful. The all inclusive option is well worth taking. Hurghada does not have alot of things to visit and there is very little outside of the hotel in the local area however as we were diving and snorkelling we didn't have anything to go outside for. All in all a very good holiday which was very relaxing. We dived for six days and did that with Divers Lodge located in the Movenpick next door which proved to be a very positive experience and my son and I were very impressed with the service we received.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank traveller123456789
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I were there from 7-11 January. We booked this through Easyjet holidays and arranged our own transfer from airport to hotel. We were half board. Generally everything about Steigenberger is good. Our biggest disappointment was the wi-fi in the room. It simply didn't work. We made several visits to the business centre. Each time they talked us through the log-in process but we knew all these. It took them two days to admit that the room wi-fi was perhaps not up to scratch. Instead, their IT people installed a ethernet box instead. But that only lasted that one day. The next day it didn't work again. But as we were checking out, we didn't both complaining. My husband paid for the internet charge (because he's British!). I came home with over 30 mosquito bites; over ten of these were on my face. One thing we did enjoy very much was the Egyptian massage at the Spa - simply fab.

Room Tip: Do not open windows at night
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple