4,295 results
All reviewstamarind restaurantahmed faragalexander restaurantspecial thanksmain restaurantaqua magichuge poolpool barall inclusive packagekids clubhalf boardamazing hotelreception teamsea viewprivate beachbreakfast and dinneraqua gym
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was my 5th time there
These people are professional when it comes to customer satisfaction and hospitality
The boufee is great , the Spa is magnificent and the best one ever in town
they need to improve the animation activity and the minibar quality

Room Tip: Select the left side rooms to catch the best view the far you go to left you can see the pools , golf area and the sea from you Balcony
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank hunter23eg
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was our first ever trip to Egypt for a holiday and we are very glad we choose the Steigenberger in Hurghada. The Hotel is excellent with lots of facilities. My son and I were diving so my wife spent the day in the hotel and was very well looked after by the staff there. She also made use of the Spa which has great facilities, she had Thai and Egyptian treatments which were both outstanding.The Steam room, Sauna and Turkish bath are all excellent. The food at all meal times is good and although the main restaurant is busy in the evening there is never a shortage of food. the rooms are pretty spacious and generally very good although some of the room furniture is showing its age. We found the reception staff to be helpful. The all inclusive option is well worth taking. Hurghada does not have alot of things to visit and there is very little outside of the hotel in the local area however as we were diving and snorkelling we didn't have anything to go outside for. All in all a very good holiday which was very relaxing. We dived for six days and did that with Divers Lodge located in the Movenpick next door which proved to be a very positive experience and my son and I were very impressed with the service we received.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Andy P
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I were there from 7-11 January. We booked this through Easyjet holidays and arranged our own transfer from airport to hotel. We were half board. Generally everything about Steigenberger is good. Our biggest disappointment was the wi-fi in the room. It simply didn't work. We made several visits to the business centre. Each time they talked us through the log-in process but we knew all these. It took them two days to admit that the room wi-fi was perhaps not up to scratch. Instead, their IT people installed a ethernet box instead. But that only lasted that one day. The next day it didn't work again. But as we were checking out, we didn't both complaining. My husband paid for the internet charge (because he's British!). I came home with over 30 mosquito bites; over ten of these were on my face. One thing we did enjoy very much was the Egyptian massage at the Spa - simply fab.

Room Tip: Do not open windows at night
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WelikeHouse
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hotel has a German management. In this case this is a good thing. We appreciated the "German Ordentlichkeit". Everything is clean and hygienic.
The majority of guests are Russians and Germans. To a lesser extend you'll meet some Dutch and Arabic people and finally a few Britons, Belgians and other European citizen. Mostly families and couples with or without children.

Let's start with the good things.
The hotel is well maintained and ideally situated at approx 10 min. from the airport.
Rooms are spacious and have a large balcony, bath & shower and a safe. If you're looking out to save some money in these difficult times, take a standard room with extra beds for your kids. The room is large enough to be comfortable. Family rooms and suites are of course also available.
The hotel is child-friendly with a good Mini club. Additionally they can take swimming lessons (to be paid extra) with a very good instructor.
There are many pools, with one outside pool heated at 30°C. In the winter all those beautiful pools are only for your visual pleasure since they are not heated. Furthermore you'll find some outside Jacuzzi's as well as an outside Sauna chalet. If this is not enough there's a big Spa inside.
The beach is clean and nicely setup with beds & windscreens. The water sport centre is next to the beach.
There is food and drink service everywhere, even on the beach. Meals can be taken inside or outside as you wish.
The "all in" includes all meals in all restaurants (some on reservation) and local drinks such as softs, beers, local wine and local versions of international alcohols. The Egyptian beers taste good and are very digest, while I'd recommend to stay away from the local gin's or rhum's. For an extra, international drinks are available but note that a bottle of basic French wine costs at least 70€ and a bottle of Moet 250 €. The drinks and snacks in the mini bar in your room are to be paid extra.
The animation is present but not overwhelming. So it is really up to you to decide to participate or not. There's also a night club in the hotel, with mini Disco between 1930 and 2000 hrs.

Are there any areas where they could improve?
Well, the food in the main restaurant is good but in this well-managed hotel and this beautiful setting you expect more. While other reviewers speak in superlatives about the food, I always found something that I like to eat but it's a bit "every day the same" and I suspect that the chief in the kitchen is German. So that's good for the Germans...
Dinner in the specialty restaurants was excellent for the Lebanese and ok for the so called French Mediterranean restaurant.
So, I recommend to take a taxi to the Marina at least once (5€) and have dinner over there. For example "B's at Marina" is really excellent.

Excursion booked outside your tour operator are much cheaper (after a few minutes of negotiation as for everything in Egypt). Snorkeling is a must do. Going on sea with the wooden boat of the hotel partner (Ilios) guarantees you that you have the most beautiful boat on the red sea, but also the most expensive.
Another thing is the All-in system as such, not with a bracelet or so, but where you have to sign every order you take. After a few days, you get used to it.
Note furthermore that Egypt is a smokers paradise. Smoking is allowed almost everywhere.

I'd recommend this hotel for couples with or without kids and families. I'm not sure that singles will enjoy the hotel in the same way. We might return to this hotel, if we decide to come back to Egypt. At the time of our stay, December 2012, the "revolution" was not perceptible in Hurghada but things may change...

Room Tip: The wiew over the pools is better at higher floors (4 and 5).
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BrusselStardancer
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Pool was stunning, hotel and hotelarea and beach was very nice:) Service in poolbar and beach was very good :) But staff in reception did´nt care about you, they always had us to wait and didn´t say hello.. too big hotel maybe !!?? Food made us , both me and my doughter sick. Diarrea from 1.1 after 2 days. Promise to me in email 1 month before trip about glutenfree ( no flour at all in food ) food, was JUST A PROMISE !! The chefs didn´t take care about me enough..I got so sick from the food, and I am still sick now today 10.1, because the chefs told me different every evening that I could eat that and that and following evening another chef told me that I couldn´t eat that because it was flour in the food !! Only the last eveening after complaining I got ( they tried their best at Alexanders restaurant ) glutenfree food.. but this was also a joke, they had knewn about this for a hole day ans till they brought me bread on my plate with the starters ( and even a breadcrumb make me sick and this they knew about !! ) Very poor, bad, sad for a 5 star hotel. The roomstandard is definetly not 5-star, only 3-star, beds not good, furniture old, bedlinens not good. Cleaning not good in rooms, 2 days we even did not have toiletpaper !! The area around the hotel was terrible, much construction going on and nothing to see near hotel . Will definetly not go again !!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family