4,284 results
All reviewstamarind restaurantahmed faragalexander restaurantspecial thanksmain restaurantaqua magichuge poolpool barall inclusive packagekids clubhalf boardamazing hotelluxury hotelreception teamfront officesea viewprivate beach
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Every thing in this hotel is more than perfect ,I really enjoyed ,they very good and familiar staff
They make us feel like home I have stayed in many hotels befor but really I didnt found any place like this lovely hotel and staff thank you very much for every person in this hotel .
For my opinion its no. One and on top.

Room Tip: I booked an elite room it's very good and had a perfect view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Everything there is outstanding. The service, the cleanliness , the facility and the rooms, you name it everything is great. I belive its the best hotel in Hurghada, the food is very good with alot of variety to cater to everybody's taste and preference. Staff are very helpful, you can stay at the hotel without any need to go out, you have everything there.
I would highly recommend and would definitly stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Beebo73
Reviewed December 18, 2012

If there is a place where you can relax and fully enjoy, then it is in the Steigenberger Hotel in Hurghada All Dau. Excellent service from the staff in the restaurant, which includes not only control. They also welcome tips on the different types of food and how to combine.
Tip: make also use of the Spa and Wellness Centre.
We'll be back

Room Tip: Rooms on the north and south sid are quitte.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Having worked in the travel industry for many years, I have stayed in many hotels in Egypt and other countries over the past years. I must say that the Steigenberger Al Dau is definitely on top of my list! To Egyptian standards, if I may say so, this is the best hotel in its price range that I have ever experienced.

The Steigenberger Al Dau distinguishes itself from other hotels (again, in its price range ; this is not The Oberoi ;-) by its excellent service and eye for 'details' (but oh so appreciated!): the delicious drinks/refreshing towels/fresh melon/.... brought to you while lying by the pool, the live piano music or violin at night, the guitarist at the beach bar playing happy summer tunes :-), the discrete animation during the day (nooo loud music, no ennoying announcements!), very kind entertainers but in no way intrusive, the possibility of having a la carte lunch either by the pool or beach, the main bar open 24hrs, the quality of the drinks, the amazing lazy river, the excellent service all over the hotel (a few exceptions left behind), the big and comfortable rooms with large terrace, the fact that there are always enough sunbeds around and quiet places in the resort, etc etc etc.

If there is one thing that could improve in my opinion, it is the buffet in the main restaurant. It could be more refined (e.g. appetizers and desserts in individual portions, a better presentation, more show cooking), but still the food is of very good quality.

All in all, if you are looking for a classy hotel with excellent service and a friendly, quiet atmosphere, I would highly recommend the SAD! I will definitely go back :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 66Helene
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have just checked out from this hotel a while ago, we stayed for 5 nights all inclusive as part of our Egypt trip, and we felt 5 nights were enough really, the hotel has beautiful well maintained grounds and the building it self is quite new 2007, I'll not repeat what previous reviewers wrote,but will just say that the staff are very dedicated, and show obvious proud for working for the hotel, wherever you go you find one of the maintenance staff doing something , the rooms and amenities were adequate but nothing to rave about, breakfast buffet was extensive but again nothing to rave about, the weather was cold during the day hence the main swimming pool and lazy river are empty, and most guests( including us ) used the heated swimming pools with temp maintained around 31 while the main swimming pool temp was 19 as they are announcing it daily, we used the free water sports, we rented bicycle daily and we engaged in the introductory golf course, all were parts of the all inclusive, yesterday and today morning there was intermittent power shortage,that lasted few mins or less up on calling the operator she advised that its all over the resort , we booked directly with the hotel and we availed the free round trip airport transfers and there is bit of price difference, Alexander food is wow and we needed to wait for two days before we got a table there, definitely will recommend this hotel to any one and yes we will be back there soon

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple